"Sweet Jane" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 14, 2007.

1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Mike is okay. Why would he has his own office when he is only going to there for a fews week? Grissom is very interested and smirky on his face everytimes when his team turn around to leave the office. Least I see more Nicky and Sara.

2. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

If the preview for next week is any clue I say not well.

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

alright i watched Sweet Jane again yesterday, and i have a better opinion on it now. it was a very good, solid episode, and i gotta admit - i liked it.

still Keppler is nobody i like, but i guess i'll bear with him somehow. i don't really look forward to his performance, but at least he doesn't kill the ep in any way.

so i have one thing to add:

I MISS MY GRISSOM!

4. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

I definitely did not mean that Keppler and Grissom are exactly alike. All I was saying was they both share that same trait of being emotionally distant from others. However, they act different.

And I'm sure that it Keppler was around the team as long as Grissom has been, his character would be different.

But believe me, I know there is no way Keppler could ever compare to Grissom in terms of awesomeness... I miss him.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay untacking please feel free to continue the discussion. :)

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I agree. What I liked, though, was that while Keppler had some Grissom attitudes, they definitely weren't trying to MAKE him Grissom.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

And Grissom is dripping with charm and charisma.. and magnetic.. has an overwhelming powerful presence . that draws one into him!! thie Keppler has NONE of those qualities, as far as I'm concerned.. a good friend, e-mailed me and said "he was robotic and zombie like" not comparing him to the Grissom character.. but he just, in my book and others.. doesn't come across as a good actor :(

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I don't think its fair to compare the two characters since they are different, but he is just boring to me, and I have don't have any interest to care about keppler

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Its amazing that there would be a comparison, but it really started back before Liev first appeared. Comparing Grissom and Keppler is like comparing oil and water, each has some traits that might be similar but the differences out weigh more.

Keppler is a character who is being created by the actor be it in one or four eps. Something that can not be easy for an actor who comes in on the heels of an established character who is on sabbatical. He is the new kid on the block and IMO I am going to give him a chance cause in the first eps they are trying to establish themselves, trying to find where they fit and learning the way of how the show/cast ect does things.

10. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

I do agree with you a little, Destiny. It really must be tough for Liev, but at the same time I miss Grissom and would take him anyday over Keppler. IMO.

11. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

Overall, not what I expected. I was really expecting a more hard-hitting case, but there wasn't even any red herrings or anything. They immediately caught the guy. No suspense at all.

I don't really care for Keppler. I don't mind him, but all of the attention is on him now and not the rest of the team. It was Keppler-Catherine-Keppler-Catherine all episode. Everyone else was merely introduced, and that was it. I didn't like that. And what's with this Frank guy? How come Keppler's there for only a month and gets a storyline?

Not a bad episode, but I'll have to say, it was the only one this season that kind of let me down. All the others lived up to my expectations but this one just kind of... flopped after the cool opening.

12. Rams682

Rams682 Civilian

Alrighty, I belonged to this messageboard a while ago, but this is my first post under my new account. Anyway, overall I really liked the episode. I think Keppler should be an interesting addition to the show. But the entire episode I became increasingly annoyed everytime the mentioned the 99 case.
    Assuming the the show started in the year 2000, shouldn't everyone have been working as there in 1999, with the exception of Sara. During the entire episode they acted like they had never heard of it. I'm not saying they should know the entire case, but at least have some passing knowledge of it.
    Second assuming that they found the body at night, which I think the photo infered wouldn't they have been the ones to check the crime scene, and their fault there is nothing on the case.
    Lastly, if I remember correctly didn't the detective say something about the head CSI, which assuming he was talking about night shift, have been Brass at the time.
    Maybe it's just me being nitpicky, but it seems like the writers forgot the show started a year later than the case, and that some of the people on the show would have been there. Just my two cents.

13. Dementia

Dementia Dead on Arrival

Yeah, well, even if he had a small part in this episode, he was really good. Maybe it will steer attention from the scene in "Deliverance" that, unfortunately, he's known for. I know he's done other stuff, but a lot of people go back to that one scene in the movie.

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Not me. I always think of his character in Superman opposite Gene Hackman as the bumbling right hand man to Lex Luthor. I loved how he was always calling him "Mr. Luthor" in this dopey voice.

His apperance in this show just reinforced my belief in his versatility. He did a great job with the creepy dentist. :)

Re- Keppler's office. He's supposed to be filling a spot on the dayshift after training with the night guys, so I'm thinking he's probably going to be filling a role that's equivalent to Catherine's or Grissom's- another reason why he might be looked at as sort of a superior sometimes. He probably comes by that air of knowledge and authority from prior supervisory experience, or the knowledge that that will be his new role when he starts with day shift. Or at least, that's how I read it. ;)

15. Brassy

Brassy Hit and Run

I really liked this episode. I was hesitant and didn't know what to expect when I heard that Grissom was taking a sabbatical and that Liev Schreiber was making a 4 episode appearance. I loved his performance in "Kate and Leopold", and "RKO 281" as a brilliant Orson Welles, but CSI?

I loved it. He was low key and didn't try to be like Grissom in any way. I found his character enigmatic and agreeable. I believe it was BECAUSE he was so low key that I accepted him, because if he had tryed to act like Grissom OR had been upbeat and smarmy it wouldn't have worked.