Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

I'm with all of you, I am officially sick of all this snow!

Is this supposed to be payback for last year when we got almost nothing? If so, I think we're even now. You can stop, mother nature.

I made the mistake of going out today, and I got buried in that stuff. At one point I was walking along the side of the road, I honestly didn't care anymore (and there weren't many cars, and there was only one busy street I took, the rest were side streets). I can't wait to get my own apartment, 'cause then the shovelling won't be my responsibility!

I'm actually jealous of the people in Florida, despite the delayed flights. I'd love to be somewhere warm right now. Especially since I'm getting over a cold.

I'm doing absolutely nothing this March Break. Anyone else doing anything exciting?

Ah yea but the people that are down in Florida will have to shovel this stuff when they get home :D because I don't think it will all melt by this time next weekend.

I think this is the first time i wished i lived in Guelph...since they got less snow than Oakville for the first time ever. My god, i walked to work this morning, some spots had a good 2 feet, and i was up to my knees almost. I think the only one in my house who is enjoying this, is my dog Ben. He LOVES snow. A lot of the snow banks are higher than me...i need to take a picture of this. Too bad it was on a saterday..what a waste of a snow day :wtf:. I did go sledding, and i went down on my snowboard as well, down the small hill at the park.

Allmaple, i love your avatar, LOL...i love mythbusters, i did a double take when i saw it...

there was knee deep snow in some places around the c.a.f and vet school. i was walking another persons dogs today, and she has one who really needs the dog whisperer. i had hoped going through the deep snow would tire her out, but alas she had just as much energy when we finished as when we started :lol: and when i took out a beagle (named snoopy, creative eh?) he found some soft snow that was deeper than him and sunk in all the way to his nose!

they finally cleared the driveways at my complex, but still havent done the stairs so i had to go in through the garage.

xfcanadian i have beome so addicted to mythbusters in the last while! writers strike maybe?? i couldnt find a lot of premade icons for them (since i lack the skillz) but tory is my favourite, got a geek love crush on him, so i couldnt resist it!

eta: forgot to mention, im watching the shopping bags while eating dinner and the tested maple syrup. tha majority of the taste testers picked the canadian maple syrup over the vermont syrup. woo!

Last edited:
I'm doing absolutely nothing this March Break. Anyone else doing anything exciting?

Well...my daughter and I are going to be making trips to the Library:rolleyes:, and a couple museums:), then on saturday, we are going to the "High School Musical on Ice";) So a busy March break for her:lol: and for me:lol:

Last edited:
yeah...not looking forward to driving to school. It is hard enough trying to find a spot without all the snow. :scream: I got lucky this weekend, i didn't end up shoveling any snow! I had to work...darn, thats a shame. Although shoveling might have been a bit better than spending my weekend in futureshop.

Allmaple - I have been watching mythbusters since it started, haha, love it! I love all the pointless explosions. Jamie is so smart though, its crazy. I like the decomposing pigs in the car one...so gross and awesome.

Hi fellow Canadian's, I can say now...."What an amazing day. It's been nothing but sunny here, and I've even opened a few windows, to air out the place. But is winter now over, or do you think we'll be getting more? My family and friends says it's not over yet, and that there is more on the way, all I can say is..."I hope not, cause enough is enough.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I didn't get hit by this latest snowstorm, but I'm ready for winter to be over anyway. I want spring!

Right now, it's +2C... absolutely gorgeous :beer:

Allmaple - I have been watching mythbusters since it started, haha, love it!

have you ever noticed sometimes when they are in the shop at a table discussing things there is a canadian flag off to one side? i always get excited when it makes an appearance, wonder if someone on the crew is canadian or something.

and today was really nice, even though we didnt hit positive temperatures :p but it was super sunny so it felt warm. had to take my gloves off when i was out playing with my dogs because they were sweating!

have you ever noticed sometimes when they are in the shop at a table discussing things there is a canadian flag off to one side? i always get excited when it makes an appearance, wonder if someone on the crew is canadian or something.

this was actually a myth where they used the flag..i believe it is from that eppy. If you notice, there are various objects from myths in the background. It was the myth with the person sling shotting themselves across the border. Of course they used the canadian/us border, i guess they didn't want to offend the mexicans :lol:

Well, at least the sun is warmer now...and it is not bitterly cold. I don't mind the snow so much, but i will never get used to the cold.

Well...my daughter and I are going to be making trips to the Library:rolleyes:, and a couple museums:), then on saturday, we are going to the "High School Musical on Ice";) So a busy March break for her:lol: and for me:lol:

Oh, my mom took my little sister to see that. She said it was impressive. Apparently they bike ride across the ice at one point.:lol:

I don't know where all you people are getting this "okay" weather. I had a conversation at the front door yesterday and was freezing in seconds! But luckily I haven't seen snow in the past little while. *fingers crossed*

Oh, my mom took my little sister to see that. She said it was impressive. Apparently they bike ride across the ice at one point.:lol:

Wow...that's sounds amazing, though I'll not let my daughter know, so she can be surprised, by chance do you know how much the programs are?

And today here, it's -3, and we've had a few flurries:rolleyes:

Well I don't know if it is good news or bad news but our local paper has some interesting facts about snow in York Region. We've had 238.8cm of snow as of March 10. Eat your heart out Toronto who's complaining about there 190 cm of snow to date :) Now I have read that the snowfall record for the GTA is 207cm back in the winter of 1938-1939. So where do they do the recording for the snow Pearson airport which isn't even in Toronto!

Well it's been an absolutely fabulous day in the big smoke today :) We've had sun, WARM temperatures and snow starting to melt :thumbsup: a sure sign that spring has to just around the corner :)

Back