Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

Re: Canadian Thread #5

I remember in grade 8 my science teacher won a surround sound system, TV and all :p I never win, but I know now that the larger prizes do actually exist :lol:

I never play, which is why I never win. But I remember once my teacher brought his coffee into class and built up the suspense, saying he was gonna roll up the rim, and we were all watching him, holding our breaths, and then, he won nothing. :lol: :rolleyes:

Whatever happened with that case where the two kids rolled it up to find they won a car and the parents were fighting over it?

On the Robert Latimer front, I am so glad to hear that. There are really worse criminals the police could be focusing on, people that are going to reoffend, so leave this poor man alone and go deal with the real threats to society.

ive never won anything more than a cookie and a coffee. gave the coffee one to my mom because i cant stand it :lol: i do have a tim hortons coupon, maybe i will go get a hot chocolate today during a study break. *fingers crossed for the car* :lol:

and mother nature is really pms-ing in ontario right now, either that or she is bipolar. last week we had -20, and tomorrow is going to be 8?? i wouldnt mind the rapid warm up, if only it wasnt going to fall below zero again the next day. this should make my walk to school very interesting after the flash freeze. to bad i didnt breing my skates!

LibertyBell said:

On the Robert Latimer front, I am so glad to hear that. There are really worse criminals the police could be focusing on, people that are going to reoffend, so leave this poor man alone and go deal with the real threats to society.

my sentiment exactly.

Now on the Roll UP the Rim to Win contest. I don't go out of my to play the game but if I'm getting a large hot chocolate or large tea naturally I'll play. I don't win anything though. And I don't know what happened to the fight over the car. There seems to be too many people fighting over things these days so I typically ignore them.

allmaple said:
and mother nature is really pms-ing in ontario right now, either that or she is bipolar. last week we had -20, and tomorrow is going to be 8?? i wouldnt mind the rapid warm up, if only it wasnt going to fall below zero again the next day. this should make my walk to school very interesting after the flash freeze. to bad i didnt breing my skates!

LOL, I know the feeling. Here on the extreme east coast, our winter started of miserably. Mid Feb, we started getting mild weather and most of the snow we once had is now gone. But now it's like a see-saw effect. One day its cold but sunny, next day is mild and overcast, the next it's freezing with snow, then heavy rains and mild temperatures. No wonder everyone is getting sick with the flu.

Now, today we are getting the remnants of the storm that hit the mainland...I just want the summer to hurry up and get here! :lol:

As for the roll up to win? I never win anything more than a coffee or a donut. And have yet to win anything this time round. Yet I'll continue being the sucker that keeps going back in hopes of winning grander things....lol

Is anyone as sick of the snow as I am, and listening to the news, we are in for a 48 hour storm, bring up to 50cm by the time it is done sunday morning. It seems they are saying, this is going to be the worst blast ever this year, starting friday afternoon, and finishing sunday morning.
All I can say is I hope after this one ,it's all over. :rolleyes:

I have totally had enough snow this winter. I don't know where you are luvingmyHoratio but here in the Toronto area I don't think we are suppose to get as much. I think only 30cm. Still far too mcuh. We are running out of room at the store to put the snow. And at home we'll be lucky if we see the front lawn sometime this spring. I think the mound of snow at the bottom of the lawn must be at least 4'. Mother Nature enough snow this winter.

Wow you guys get hit hard with snow. Over here we're lucky if we reach half-foot. Share some snow! :lol:

You are more then welcome to it, as we've had more then enough :lol: :mad: :lol: and as Jacquie said....we still have piles of the white crap here too, maybe I should go to TO for the week-end, as I'd prefer the 30cm to the 50cm's, the only one happy about it here, is my 10 year old daughter, who can't wait to play in it. :rolleyes:

this just makes me want to move back to vancouver!!! ahhh...i know i will be spending my saterday shoveling. Should be interesting getting to work sunday. I had a test today, the storm is a day late, :p doesn't even benefit me!

Meh, I like snow--no bugs. :p

We've been getting the odd flurry here lately, but nothing we can't handle. I'm a little tired of the constant slush and ice though. :rolleyes:

I find it interesting how some people want snow. (Like our dear friend that_girl1 from NJ :p) You surely wouldn't miss it once it reaches 3 feet and you get stuck halfway up a hill, watching all the lucky bastards with their 4x4s inching past, lol. That is if they aren't stupid.

It never ceases to amaze me how some 4x4 owners think they can drive 100 kilometers and hour down a residential area in a blizzard because they 'won't get stuck'. Then once they've plowed into that mysterious tree, (not realizing it was the ice they should have been on the lookout for, not the snow) they blame it on the homeowner for sticking a stupid tree there. :lol: Earth to the stupid kind of 4x4 owners: Your super duper wheels won't completely stop the forces of ice no matter how much traction control you have. :p

Wow....okay, sonow fall has finally stopped, I took my measuring stick outside, and where I am we got 45.5 cm:eek:, the cars in our parking lot, you couldn't see the tires on some of the cars. Now....I hope this is it till next year, and mother nature agrees:p.

This is my daughter this morning, "Can I go out now mom, before it all melts"? Yeah..like that's gonna happen:lol:

Well I don't know how much we got but I do know that I shoveled the parking lot at the store yesterday about 6 times. I jsut didn't want all that snow in the store. As it was we're now down to 2 customer parking spots when my hubby and I are in the store. There is jsut tooooooo much snow to keep piling it up. I'm 5'4" and the snow banks in front of the store are about as tall as me if not taller. According to the Toronto Star online we got 25cms of snow as of 8pm last night. The GTA is well on it's way of breaking a record for snow from 1939. In that season the GTA got 207cm. I think at last count we were at 180 and that was before Saturday's weather.

You're the same height I am, the problem with where we are, is we get all that lake effect stuff, and it tends to enjoy piling itself up against our door, but in our back yard, we have stairs that descend, covered by the balcony above our duplex, and that's how I had to get out this morning, through the back door, and all I can say, is thank God for Snowblowers, and an 19 year old son with muscles:lol: But yeah, us small gifted ones tend to get burried easy:lol:

i think in guelph it was about 20 cm too, at least thats what it looked like when i opened my garage door. my condo corps is incredibly lazy, they didnt shovel anything yesturday! cars were stuck, people had to get out and push, and i fell down the steps leaving my unit because there was so much snow i couldnt tell where they were! the driveways and stairways still arent cleared, just the road going through the complex.

my parents were going to florida for march break (since my mom works in the school board she gets it off) and luckily they left friday night before it got too bad. they were stuck in indiana for saturday though, so lost a day of their trip in florida. the weather really knows when the popular vacation times are doesnt it? i bet a lot of unfortunate people were stranded at the airports. sucks really, but now im not jealous that they got a trip and i didnt! :lol:

when i went to walk the university dogs yesturday, they loved all the snow! im trying to train one to walk on a flat collar instead of a head collar (since she pulls) but yesturday i couldnt even try the flat collar because she wanted to run and jump through all the snow! the fact that there is ice under the snow didnt help me at all, she took me for quite a ride!

Back