Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

toronto always complains...about everything :lol: I am not from toronto...so i can make fun of them. And the leafs, hehe.

I love how as soon as it hits 8 degrees, everyone runs outside in shorts. LOL...unfortunately there is more snow in the forecast for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully that changes.

It's melting, it's melting! *Evil cackle*

It's been nice enough out that the snow is finally melting. I can even see patches of grass in some places. The roads are completely free of ice, but the sidewalks are a different story. I slipped on the ice the other day, and now have a giant purple bruise on my knee :rolleyes:

It's not quite as nice out today (-11), but it's supposed to go above 0 again for most of the week :D

toronto always complains...about everything :lol: I am not from toronto...so i can make fun of them. And the leafs, hehe.

I'm from Toronto and I certainly will say we do like to complain :guffaw: and I do make fun of the Make Beleafs as they are a joke when it comes to hockey teams

It's melting, it's melting! *Evil cackle*

Oh I can agree with you there DragonflyDreamer There is no sign of grass but there is hope :)

Why is it, we Canadian's, finally get nice weather, and then all of sudden, we are informed of snow, ice pellets, and rain tomorrow,:scream: are we every going to get a break from it all:confused: Knock it off Mother Nature:(

Well today it the first day of Spring :) but you wouldn't know it from the weather forecast for the next week or so. Temperatures below normal and then a cooler than usual spring :scream: when oh when will we ever see some temperatures in the high singles digits or even 10C would make it very nice. Just warm enough that we can get rid of the snow at the store that is taking up the one employee parking spot.

Oh well in case I forget I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Easter
1.gif

Well in sticking with our latest weather updates :) here is the first sign, that I've seen, that spring is working its way around to the Toronto area. Red Wing Blackbirds and the Canadian Geese that migrate are back home. And our tulips are poking their heads out of the ground :) Now all be need are some warmer temperatures and we would be all set :)

:lol:Oh you are so lucky, I'm still waiting to see my first of anything, the most I'm starting to see is our grass again.:p Though the weather hasn't been to bad here either, I've also noticed the it's staying light longer, which is another good sign, of things moving forward.

Now as long as it continues this way, and we don't get blasted with one last one, I'll be one happy mommy:lol:

Well I came across some more sure signs that spring is just around the corner today. Canadian Tire has BBQs for sale in their latest ads and the grocery stores are starting to set up their outdoor garden centres :) Oh the couple of cm of snow we are to get tonight and tomorrow won't last long. Now if we could get rid of all the rest of the snow.....:)

we had a lot of snow melt in the last two days, i can actually see grass now! well...i can see bare ground :lol: when i walk to school there is a large hill to one side that is now free of snow, and the groundhogs have started to come out. i cant believe how fat they are! :eek: arent they supposed to drop all that weight while hibernating??

the first sign of spring in my family is the robins. i saw a whole bunch a few weeks ago (this was before the giant snow storm!!) so i like to think the ones i see now are ones that survived that storm. a flock of very large geese has made its home near where i walk dogs at the university, and they sure dont like the dogs getting too close! yesturday i also heard some killdeer. so even though it may not seem like it yet, spring is on the way! ive definitely had enough of this silly winter business.

I haven't seen the robins yet but the grackles are back. They're trying to get food out of our squirrel proof feeder. Some of them are jsut too heavy for the setting we have it on.

And another sure sign that spring is jsut around the corner. The Toronto Maple Leafs didn't make the playoffs again :) This is the third year running they've missed the playoffs.

well, at least the snow is melting. However, i walked outside this morning to see fresh snow on the ground and said some choice words. I remember this time last year sitting outside and enjoying the warmth. Although the cold weather will probably be better for exam time, since i won't be so distracted by the sun.

Really? You have more snow? That's too bad. Like some of you, I went out today and upon looking down at the ground went, "Grass!" :lol: It truly was odd to see it, which is so sad.

Seriously, we have nothing to talk about in here besides weather. Something needs to happen in Canada! Why are we so boring sometimes?:rolleyes:

:guffaw: yeah, that is funny how the entire thread turns out to be a weather thread. But i guess it is just frustrating to have such a dragged out winter. It is getting warmer now, so that is good. The snow is disappearing, yay!

I guess i could mention i am graduating from university (hopefully!), and entering the adult world at the prime age of...24. Yikes, i don't think i am ready for this. :lol: Oh crap, i can't sleep in anymore.

I am still hyper from shaking Gary Sinise's hand :eek: How am I supposed to concentrate on exams now!

Well instead of talking about the weather for a bit we could talk about the good old penny. It seems there is a MP from Manitoba that is going to introduce a bill to scrap the penny. Oh please that would make live so much easier. The penny is such a useless coin. How many of them do you have in a jar at home? We have a penny jar at the store for people that need a penny and because of that it's a very rare time we need to get pennies from the bank. I would rather loose a penny and give a customer a nickel instead of 4 pennies. If the politicians can do one thing right pass this bill to get rid of the penny!

xfcanadian wow you shock Gary Sinise's hand. That's great :) What was the occasion? Congrats on graduating from university :)And sorry to hear you are going to join the working world. Yup getting up early and fighting the traffic sucks but just think you can still sleep in on the weekends. That's assuming you get an office job as opposed to a real job where you never know what day you have off or what your hours will be :lol:

im graduating in june too, but still have to take organic chemistry in the summer because i avoided it for four years :( im trying to take it at the university of western ontario since that is my home town (plus their course is six weeks where guelphs is 12) but the damn course is full already! the course pack says 'any remaining reserved spots will be released may 8th' so i phoned them to ask how would i know there were even spots available, and their answer was 'watch the website'. see western?? this is why i did not choose you for my undergrad, because you are stupid. :lol:

oh and i finally won something in roll up the rim to loose.... i mean win... a coffee. great prize for someone who hates coffee eh? i gave it to my mom.

Back