Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, except for the whole "Dean will go to hell in ayear unless they find a way to break the pact" thing. :lol: I'm already good and stressed about that. And I would hope that, even if the show didn't get renewed for season four (PERISH THE THOUGHT! :eek: ) that they still wouldn't kill Dean off at the end. That would kill me.

Seriously though, do you really think jensen could get an Emmy nomination? These types of shows rarely gets nods, not to mention the fact that it's on the illustrious "CW"... ;)

You know, it's hard to say... I think he deserves it, but you're right, between the show and the network, it does hurt his chances. The list for all the 'possible contenders' was really long at the time... but I hope he makes it through. I can't remember if this was mentioned before, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan is also on the list for best guest actor in a drama (for IMTOD), and the show as a whole for Best Drama.

Here is the actual link to the list-y thing. As you can see, it's not short by any stretch of the imagination. The list that Jensen's on has 76 actors on it. So yeah... still a bit of a long shot. :( But I'm still cheering! :D

Wow, thanks for the link. That is a massive list, but still- I'm impressed that he was even recognized! :D That shows me that people are indeed recognizing that this show is actually really well written.

I don't normally watch them, or follow anything about it for that matter, but Space has their own little award show called the Spaceys. Jensen and the show could be nominated for something there. I'm going to go check out the site, and find out when it airs and when the nominations come out.

ETA: Yeah, the show's not nominated for anything, well Viewer's Choice atleast. They air June 10th, if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the link to the list quickbeam :)
I think it'd be great if Jensen got the nomination. It would definately help bring more attention to the show!

Anyone in Dallas/Ft. Worth in June? Came across this- A Few Good Men
Jensen will be starring with Lou Diamond Phillips in the play :)

Wow, that's crazy! I wonder if he's playing Tom Cruise's character then- LDP is a little older now, so I'm guessing he'd take the Nicholson role.

Still, very cool! I'd love to check him out on stage. :)

On the topic of TV awards, there's another one that SPN has a few nominations for. The Constellation Awards are for excellence in sci-fi, and the voting is open to Canadian citizens. You have to pay 5 bucks to vote (just for administration and to help pay for the awards and stuff), and voting closes June 15. It's only for 2006, so it only counts for the first 9 or so episodes of the second season (so Jensen is nominated for IMTOD, as opposed to All Hell Breaks Loose, and Jared is nominated for Croatoan, instead of say, BUABS).

Man, that would be so cool to see A Few Good Men. Unfortunately, random Texas trips don't occur too frequently for me. :lol: My random Alberta trip was far enough. :lol:

You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm torn about this "Dean has a year to live" deal... I know it's the smart move to make- if they don't make it into season 4, then they can tie it up nicely. But that in itself is what's bugging me; I guess I secretly wish everyone has as much faith in the show continuing as I do that they committed to a longer story arc, as if to say, "Oh yeah, this show is here to stay, so we can put in a long term arc that spans a couple years."

:lol:

Yeah, I know, I know: that's totally unrealistic. But a girl's gotta keep the faith alive, you know what I'm sayin'? :cool:

Yeah, that would definitely be nice... a one year arc is just a little too short. The two-year arc was nice, because it kept the story going, without dragging on for way too long. I hope they get the thumbs-up for the fourth season earlier on than this year... then they could maybe extend the arc somehow. Because they have to have a fourth season. They just have to. :p

I've actually been wondering how Sam's psychic-ness is going to continue to tie into the arc next season. Will he continue to ignore his potential, since there are no other psychics as competition? Or will he develop it, now that he knows what he's really capable of? Now that the YED is gone, is the whole "leading the demon army" thing gone too? Or will the YED's second-in-command step up and be all like "Sammy, we're not going to leave you alone quite yet."

A thought just occurred to me... so, Sam has the potential ability to control demons, right? And he was originally supposed to lead the demon army, right? So if he were to develop his abilities, and really make them top-notch, wouldn't he be able to sort of stop the war? Or perhaps somehow stop the RED from taking Dean's soul? Or SOMETHING? Anything?

Or he could take over the army and become a real baddie...
Nah! :lol:

I'm with ya though, quick. The future is very uncertain for Sammy boy. I wonder how they're going to play that one out.

OK, how pathetic am I? I am moving on Sunday to a new apartment and I've basically been boxing up all my stuff this week. Of course I'm saving the TV/video equipment until the end, but I boxed up all my DVD's and the handful of video tapes I use to record shows on... all except 1- the one I have with the last Supernatural episodes on it! :lol: I'm really worried I'll need something to watch during the few hours of down time (hopefully) I get after I've gotten everything mostly ready, and I don't want to be stuck without my Supernatural! :lol:

*cheers* What's this Baba? First you're watching the SPN finale instead of CSI, and now you're packing up everything except for your SPN tapes? Supernatural is taking over your life!! :lol: But that's a good thing! :D At least in my opinion... I would do the exact same thing. :D

The Season Two DVDs come out... September 11th, I think. I can't wait to see all the bonus features - especially the gag reel. :p Apparently Jensen and Jared are doing their commentary with Kim Manners this time, so it'll cut out all of the 'dead air' that Jensen joked about last time. :lol:

Hmm... 102 days until the release, 22 season one episodes... one every 5 days aught to do it, and then a mini-SPN-spree right before the release. :D There's my summer in a nutshell. :lol:

Hmm, nice breakdown of numbers. I think I'll use that schedule myself! :D

I'm wondering how the season will start, since they'll probably be all keen since they got renewed. Do you think they'll hit the ground running, or they'll ease us back in to some angst about Dean's newfound situation? I'm in favour of the "hit the ground running" approach, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back