Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, great episode! I just this instant finished watching it and I gotta say, it was another totally fun one and Jensen was on fire with the comedy. And even though I had it figured out about halfway through the episode, it didn't even matter. Seriously, I was giggling through half the episode!

Lots of great, referential funnies, like comparing the weather in L.A. to being "Canadian" and Jensen's little John McLean moment- I LOVE the "Die Hard" movies, so I thought it was awesome! :D

Anyway, loved it loved it loved it. And I'm thinking this was their last shot at a lighthearted moment before the final episodes take it deeper and darker. Looking forward to that too!

:)

I totally forgot it was a new one yesterday. I tuned about half way through, and figured out what was happening and who was making it happen within the first 5 minutes that I watched :lol:

I didn't really like it, was kind of a "meh" episode. Which, like you said Baba is probably what they were going for since the rest of the eps are going to be angsty, dramatic and dark. I just wasn't in a SPN mood last night, maybe if I watch it again, I'll like it. Im interested in hearing that Canadian weather comment though!

I did watch the Director's Cuts before the episode and I just loved the scene when they pass by the Stars Hallow (Gilmore Girls) set and Sam jumps off the tour bus :lol:

The promo for next week looks awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome. Now there's one I won't forget to watch!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this show?

One of my favourite things about SPN (among my 300 other favourite things) is when they throw in little references to something, little inside jokes here and there. Things like licence plates that say "The Krip" and "I'm Father Simmons and this is Father Frehley." And that's why this episode nearly killed me the first time around. God knows how many producers/crew they must have mentioned... definitely McG... and the one guy was talking on the phone to "Bob," (I'm guessing Robert Singer)... and the opening scene with the tennis ball, they say "Ivan and the special effects guys" (Ivan Hayden, who was SFX Supervisor on a bunch of eps).

My favourite was the Gilmore Girls one, and then "and over here is where they shot Lois & Clark" since Jensen was on Smallville. :) Followed closely by "Boogeyman... what an awful script..." Eric Kripke wrote Boogeyman. :lol:

Speaking of Smallville, I was watching a Season Four episode the other day (with Jensen), and one of the scenes was practically identical to the scene in 'The Benders' where they jab Dean with the hot fireplace poker. The really bizarre thing was that Jensen's character, Jason, was the one doing the branding with the hot poker. It was like the exact opposite of the scene from Supernatural. Then, I was cruising IMDb, and it says that Jared was actually in that episode too, as "Student #3." Wish I had known that before it was on...

ETA: Oh man... the promo for next week... is it just me or does Dean look like he's making a Zoolander face in his mugshot? And Sam looks like a kicked puppy... notice their heights, too... 6'5" and 6'3" :p

Mugshots
Sam, please don't drop the soap in the shower...

^^^ :lol:

Dean looks like he has a bloody nose too. How many times do I have to tell them, NOT THE FACE! :mad:

:lol:

OK, that was a cool episode. All I can think of at the moment, though, is:

"They're just donuts, Tiny; they're not love."

BabaOReilly said:
"They're just donuts, Tiny; they're not love."

And "What? Are you from Texas all of a sudden?"
Classic :lol:

Trust Dean to fit in with the prison folk. He's so pretty I figured he'd be someone's bitch at the end of day one! :p
Dude, how big was Sam's cellmate?! Taller than 6'5" Jared!

Oh man, did I call it or what? Dean WAS making a Zoolander face in his mugshot! :lol: "I call this one the Blue Steel."

It looks like they didn't listen to you, Baba. Dean's face took quite the beating. His poor, beautiful face...

Things I loved:
-Sam is totally not meant for prison.
-Dean somehow fits in perfectly in prison.
-"I wish I had a baseball." -- "Yeah, well I wish I had a bat so I could BASH YOUR FRICKIN' HEAD IN."
-Dean playing Texas Hold 'Em for smokes. "It's like picking low-hanging fruit." Oh Dean. *g*
-Tiny, and everything related to him. "They're just doughnuts. They're not love." And his story about his dad treating his brother and him like crap until his brother shot him. :( "Poor Tiny, man. Poor giant Tiny."

I can't believe I didn't see the thing with Deacon coming. I had just been thinking about how much I didn't like the guard when they revealed his identity. It never even occurred to me. *smacks forehead*

Oh man. They are so unbelievably screwed. And it's awesome. <3

God I love this show.

Yes, yes and yes. I agree on all your points (except I figured Deacon out slightly before it sounds like you did). Especially the Dean's face thing once again! Damn them! :mad:

OK, so does anybody have any guesses on that lawyer? Was she just someone Deacon arranged to look after them, or is she something more sinister- like she's helping the {b]big bad[/b] keep the boys out of prison? I'm undecided.

On a side note (and totally unrelated) is anyone else here addicted to Facebook? Man, I can't stay away!!! :lol:

Hmmm, I never thought about the possibility that the lawyer could be in league with The Demon. I guess I'm just an eternal optimist and just went along and believed that she genuinely just thought the boys were innocent. :p :D

I wonder what The Demon's plans are for Dean... I mean, he's not actively trying to get rid of him, but does he want Dean alive? Obviously Dean affects what happens with Sam, but would it matter to The Demon if just Dean went to prison? Hmmm... *is thoughtful*

Oh man, I tried so hard to stay away from Facebook, but I finally broke down and got an account. I resisted for a bit longer, but then as of yesterday I pretty much just sold my soul to it. :lol:

^
^
I was like that too. I avoided Facebook for so long cause I thought it was creepy, then my friend invited me to join and I decided what the heck. I hardly use it though, cause I still find it kinda creepy :lol:

I wonder what The Demon's plans are for Dean... I mean, he's not actively trying to get rid of him, but does he want Dean alive? Obviously Dean affects what happens with Sam, but would it matter to The Demon if just Dean went to prison? Hmmm... *is thoughtful*

I think the Demon just wants Dean out of commission, which seems evident in the previews for next week. Because if Sam doesn't have Dean, he's basically alone in the world and can be easily snatched. Also, if Dean died, then Sam would be filled with so much emotion and angst and sadness, that it'd be pretty easy to make him evil.

I was talking with someone about the next episode, "What Is and Should Never Be", and Im thinking maybe the demon sends the genie after Dean, to be able to get closer to Sam...

I think Dean could be just as useful to the demon alive- in fact, moreso. I think it's probably obvious that Sam is inherently good; I don't believe he was turn to evil without something serious pressuring him... like the demon has Dean and he's going to torture the hell out of him or something unless Dean 'does his bidding'. I think Dean's death would push Sam over the edge, but he'd want to avenge him- I don't think it would make him evil. Afterall, this is all loosely based on Star Wars themes, if i recall correctly. ;)

I know I gush endlessly every week about how awesome SPN is... but I wouldn't do it if I didn't think it was true. After last season I thought they'd reached perfection, that it couldn't get any better. But then it did. I stopped even trying to rank my favourite episodes, because it was pretty much impossible.

But after tonight... "What Is And What Should Never Be"... this was my favourite episode ever... I'm pretty sure. Like, 90% sure. But I'm sure enough. :)lol:)

I think it'll be interesting to see other people's reactions to it, because it probably won't necessarily be everyone's cup of tea... but for me... best episode ever.

*will gush more later*

But holy crap Jensen must have worked his ass off for this one. He was in every single scene, I think. :eek:

....DEAN!

:D

I really loved this episode. I think that a lot of the episodes this season had to do with Sam and what the Demon had planned for him so it was great to finally see a Dean-centric episode. Agreed with quicky, this might not be everyone's cup-o-joe but I really enjoyed it. It was so different from any other episode we've seen. I loved how they delved into Dean's mind a little more and revealed how he truly felt about everything that's happened since the fire. We know from the pilot that he was very confident and seemed to love his work in the sort of 'shoot first, ask questions later' kind of way but this episode but a softer side to Dean, a side that showed his true emotions and he wasn't able to hide behind the 'job'.

My favorite part had to be when he mowed the lawn. :lol: I could see that he missed the benign parts of life and the little things that he never really had the opportunity to experience when he was younger. He wanted something safe, something everyone did and it was kind of a symbol of that suburban life he never had so I really liked that. :D

I loved the interaction with Dean and his mommy. :eek: She made him a sandwhich. :lol: *squee* And it was great to see Dean really happy with his 'life' so-to-speak. (I also loved when everyone thought he was drunk. :lol:)

Sam was a jerk, but that's because I like Dean better. :p

Anywhoo, I loved the twist at the end, discovering that he was in a dream-like state. (Kind of like that movie 'The Jacket' or even Jensen's role in 'Devour') I thought his character showed a lot of strength to go back to his old life but it was wasn't a surprise that he really wanted to stay in the dream as well. I could really sympathize with him in this episode, and Jensen did a wonderful job (especially with the cemetery scene) so this episode ranks really high as one of my favorites after 'Skin', 'Night Shifter', 'Phantom Traveller', etc.

All I have to say is: ditto to both quick and speed's thoughts :lol:

Cause honestly, you each said exactly what I was thinking, in a more eloquent way, Im sure :p

I absolutely loved this episode. All season I was pretty iffy with a few episodes, and I kind of lost interest. But the last couple of episodes have been really solid and entertaining.

Last night, someone pointed out to me that the writers had John die (stroke) from the same thing JDM's character on Grey's Anatomy. I thought that was pretty funny.

Oh, am I ever excited for this week's episode. Ive watched the promo about half a dozen times and it never gets old. It looks so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back