Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I totally missed Bad Moon Rising. I'll have to watch it again. I did like the use of House of the Rising Sun though- it's a classic.

Good episode and Tricia Helfer did a good job. Glad to see she's not just another pretty face. ;)

The Jensen interview... while it was entertaining, I'd hesitate to call it an "interview". It was more like Jimmy Kimmell throwing a bunch of comments at Jensen, and he would just give these brief reactions. It was more like an appearance than an interview. At the end I was thinking, "What?!!! That's IT?" Yes, it was entertaining but it was way too short and there was basically nothing new brought to the table. I was a bit disappointed. Although Jensen did look really, really nice in his suit, and the quips he did manage to sneak in were pretty clever. He's definitely more clever than his character is portrayed. :)

BabaOReilly said:
Wow, I totally missed Bad Moon Rising. I'll have to watch it again. I did like the use of House of the Rising Sun though- it's a classic.
Or it could be that I'm just an idiot and messed up the name of the songs. I'm thinking that's quite a plausible situation.... :rolleyes: :lol:

ETA: Just had a quick rewatch and yep, my mistake :)

Oh- hah! I seriously just thought I hadn't caught that one! You had me convinced. :lol:

Yeah, Dean was a bit of a jerk in this episode, but they sort of tried to set that up for us in the "then and now" intro, with all the Dean "they're all evil and we need to kill them" type scenes. However, I didn't pick up on that and I didn't see the ending coming either. Usually I'm pretty good at that stuff but they got me on this one. :)

I'm continually liking how they're mixing it up on this show for us. I seriously never know what style of episode we're going to be getting. It keeps it interesting. :)

I was watching the new episode yesterday with a few friends and our reactions were all the same.

WTF.

I didn't really like the episode at first. It felt like it took a half hour just to get anywhere and even when it did, I was looking at my watch thinking "Jesus there's still 15 minutes left." It was really boring for me and the humour in my opinion just didn't have the same flare as it usually does. Angsty!Sam almost put me to sleep. :rolleyes: Good lord the scene when he spoke to the woman on the bed seemed to take forever. I was beginning to think they were just filling time because they couldn't think up an episode. Blah.

But then I slept on it. :D

The scene where Dean reacted to the woman hanging in the rafters was quite funny though. :D I also didn't see the twist coming and now I realize why Dean quickly said "JLove" to Sam when he walked into the room, making a subtle reference to Ghost Whisperer. Very clever considering they were essentially 'ghost whispering' and hunting at the same time.

I also read that Jefferey Dean Morgan will be in the season finale which is titled 'All hell breaks loose' or something close to that. I kind of caught what they were setting up when the girl hadn't moved on even if she was cremated. Leaves the possibility that Papa Winchester isn't completely gone and that it's plausible if he were to come back.

I also caught a bit of parallelism when Sam was talking to the woman about how people change and they can't help what they've become etc. It could be seen that he was talking about her or the man they were hunting, but it could also be seen that he's talking about himself and what he's had to face this season regarding the plans that the Yellow-eyed Demon has for him. :)

So I'd say this episode isn't high on my list of the greats but I did like how they set a few things up and some of the symbolism. They went in quite a different direction for this one, but it turned out okay despite my confusion and boredom at some parts. :)

All righty, so it's been a busy last couple days and I never got a chance to post my reaction, but I did write one immediately after watching... and here it is:

Wow, that was really... something. I have a lot of different thoughts about this one... first of all, it felt kinda nostalgic because it was more like Season One than any other episode, I think... the good ol' monster of the week, and I even thought Sam and Dean seemed more like their old selves, in a sense. Dean was kinda tough and sarcastic and out to 'kill as many evil sons-of-bitches' as he can, and Sam was emo and caring. I kept trying to figure out why Sam was so sad and emotional... and I kept yelling "Subtext! Subtext!" when he said things like "a lot of them were good, just something happened to them, something they couldn't control." Then the whole twist ending kind of explained the emo, but I still say 'subtext!'

To me there was just something really quite different and unusual in this ep... je ne sais quoi... and there was a little bit of cheesiness, but for the most part I liked it.

But man, crappy weather to film in. Snow on the ground, and rain... and poor Jared sounded like he had a cold! :(

One last thing: House of the Rising Sun = pure awesome. I have loved that song for pretty much my entire life. :D

Pssh, Bad Moon Rising, House of the Rising Sun... same thing. :D Close enough, anyways. :lol: For a second I was like "oh man, how did I possibly miss Bad Moon Rising!" :lol:

I agree with you about the interview, Baba. It wasn't really an interview... but funny nonetheless. Hrmm.

Oooh, and that's an awesome spoiler, Geni. It's gonna be a gooder. :D I love the episode title, too. Hee! :D

Yeah- the snow was messy looking. I think they must have filmed that one North of here, in Squamish. At least that's what it looked like to me.

I agree on your suntext comments, although they were so obvious (to the point where I was waiting for Sam to stare directly at the camera and address the audience instead of the woman! :lol: ) that it was almost too in your face to remain subtext. I didn't mind it, but Sam was a little too sensitive for me at some points. And Dean was a little too insensitive sometimes... so I guess they cancel each other out! :D

Holy crap. Without being too spoilerish for those who watch this Friday nights, this episode totally made me cry! :eek: Nice work!

And nice use of the only Queenryche song I ever liked- Silent Lucidity.

Maha. I have satellite now. :D

But in case there are others who can't see the episode until today or missed it last night...

Whoa! Kudos on this episode. :D First it had kind of a CSI-feel (not to mention the fact that Emanuelle from 'CSI:NY' was on it) with the teaser. It was kind of mysterious and then the body was found, cue the girl screaming. :lol: Awesome. And then Sam and Dean posed as detectives, that was so awesome. Anyway, aside from the CSI similarities - though I'm sure that wasn't their intention but I couldn't help feeling that way with the beginning of this episode. Anyway. This episode was so hilarious in points that I thought I was going to cry. I mean, she folded her underwear in front of Sam, and Dean was seen at a strip club giving money to the stripper. :lol: Priceless. Ah I love Dean. The 'rock, paper, scissors' bit was TERRIFIC! I was laughing the whole time, it was awesome.

And now for the rest because I like paragraphs...

I liked the twist of how the silver bullet to the initial wolfey who bit her didn't turn out. They defnitely busted that myth. :p And the scene with Sam and Madison in the sack was pretty good too. It's great that Sam finally gets some action and it was especially great to see that he had 'moved on' in a sense from Jess. Although near the end I felt that the reason he was saying he couldn't kill her, went back to Jess. He had said in 'Provenance' that people always get hurt around him so I understood his motive for not wanting to kill her. And well, I wouldn't want to murder someone anyway, knowing that they can't help who they've become. The end scene was just so amazing, I almost wanted to cry. (But my sister was in the room so I didn't want to look like a sissy. :p) The relationship between Dean and Sam seems to be more fortified and stronger this season, and I really felt for Sam when he went back into the room to finish her off. But I also felt for Dean at the end as well. He looked completely crushed, despite an attempt to hide his feelings. The tear at the end really did it for me. :( Overall, EXCELLENT episode! The right combination of angst, action, comedy and drama. :)

^^
I agree with so many of your points!
Great episode!

What an ending!! I felt so bad for Sam. And the tear from Dean sealed it. :( Anyone else think her saying "You are saving me" will come back up at some point...I dunno why, but I had a felling when she was saying that that it would....The minute I saw Emanuelle I was like "Oooh, Sam's gonna get laid!!" :lol: The rock, paper, scissors and Sam getting in to the soap opera was so great! And not to forget Dean at the strip club :lol: It was just overall a really great episode. Started off strong (Dean's like a kid in a candy store with werewolves!) and then continued on.

Yeah, Rock, Paper, Scissors was hilarious. I love Dean's cluelessness sometimes.

I think that since the show airs Thursday nights, you don't need the spoiler things. I think it will just be easier in future to forget about the spoiler cover- it seems to me that, if you don't want to get spoiled, you shouldn't be reading this thread if the episode has already aired and you haven't seen it. You're just asking for trouble. ;)

Plus, I hate those hidden spoiler thingies. They just annoy me, and I don't know why. :lol:

Poor Sammy. I was already choked up, but I was holding it in... until Dean shed that tear for his brother! Next thing I know, I'm reaching for the tissues! :eek:
:lol:

I know how you feel, When Sam started I was like just hold on just hold on! But when Dean started I was like its okay, just let it go. when the gun fired I got scared.

And when Madie like attacked Sam:eek:!!!! I was like wow, i even said wow!!! Sam has got a nice bod :devil: though... i'm not gonna lie, but I think its about time that Dean gets a girl, is anyone with me!!?? :confused: :D

^^^ Holy crap- no kidding. When I saw Sam's arms, I had some seriously impure thoughts! :eek: Those dudes are in good shape. :D

Aww, I agree, this one was a sad one but a good one. I kinda struggled with the fact that Sam suddenly just fell madly in love with Madison, but at the same time, I think it kind of suits him. He doesn't click with just anyone, but once in a while, there's that someone extra-special, and it's just magical. *is mushy... or as Dean would say, touchy-feely self-help yoga crap*

The song at the end... I liked it at first, and then I felt it sort of didn't fit, but then when it literally ended with a bang, I was just like "wow, that's so perfect." What an excellent ending, completely ripped my heart to shreds. I just kept trying to imagine all the thoughts that must be going through Sam's head... and then Dean's single tear, the gunshot, the cut to black... *sniffle*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back