Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem. I couldn't really find much to say about it. I don't know if it's the fact that it was showcased after a brilliant episode like 'Nightshifter' or because it dealt with some controversial themes.

I thought the episode was too dark in lighting to be dealing with something that brings forth light. --As weird as that sounds, but it didn't show the right contrast from other episodes that it should have. I could barely see anything. I almost missed seeing the snow. :eek:

This episode wasn't their strongest. It was like the writers were holding back on the episode, so they didn't 'accidentally' offend anyone -- Or have to deal with the network. It's probably the reason they were dealing with a spirit and not an angel at all. (There are demons, why can't there be angels? The always appearing question in the episode.)

I say they should have went for it, but whatever floats their Supernatural boats. *shrugs*

Also, the Impala was ugly. I hate the older one that they're using. They were probably using it because it most likely has the bigger engine, and if they damage it during their not-so-great- car chase, no biggie. :rolleyes:

I didn't think it was too preachy, or anything. It just didn't sit right with me the entire time. I thought the acting was brilliant, and the plot was well-done but it seemed a little...Slow. The entire episode could have been 20 minutes and we still wouldn't have missed much. Not such a great one in my opinion.

The humour was hilarious though. Gotta love the line about Unicorns. :lol:

I agree with you guys- good episode, not top 5, but still good.

The magic fingers and the unicorn talk- fantastic! :lol:

It was a really nice revelation on Sam's character
I agree. I liked Dean's "confession" at the end as well. Nice that he let his cynicism (sp?) go for a change.

there was actually SNOW ON THE GROUND IN VANCOUVER!
I noticed that! I think the next episode might have some white stuff in it too seeing as it stuck around for awhile. They filmed "Playthings" around that time too. I remember hearing that they did the pool scene on one of the snowy days. Here's hoping it was heated! :)
ETA: sidenote- Not the nicest area of town, but that church is beautiful.

Well said, speed. I think you got everything I was thinking, you just said it better :lol:

I could barely see anything. I almost missed seeing the snow. :eek:
I did miss the snow, I'll have to go back and re-watch it cause I didn't see that at all. Stupid TV :rolleyes:

This episode wasn't their strongest. It was like the writers were holding back on the episode, so they didn't 'accidentally' offend anyone -- Or have to deal with the network. It's probably the reason they were dealing with a spirit and not an angel at all. (There are demons, why can't there be angels? The always appearing question in the episode.)

I think you're right. They had the optimist (Sam) and the pessimist (Dean), so they had their bases covered so as to not offend anyone. I think it would've been more interesting to go with the Angel angle, instead of the Priest's spirit because I figured it'd be his spirit about 10 mins into the show.

And how could I forget the hilarious unicorn line. Jared's deadpan face was freaking perfect, I actually thought he believed unicorns were real, 'til he smiled :lol:

ETA: Dean's attitude in this ep was interesting because in "Faith" he told Layla he would pray for her, but now he's implying he doesn't believe in that sort of thing.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this ep. I didn't work myself up too much for it, because I had a feeling that it was going to be the ep that broke the streak of awesome (because seriously, Croatoan, Hunted, Playthings and Nightshifter were some of my favourite episodes). In the end, it was better than I expected. :) (although still not one of my favourites).

Sam's unicorn line just absolutely made me crack up, though. Partially due to the fact that about a month ago I read a crack-ish fic about Sam getting turned into a unicorn, and for them to mention it on the show was just too hilarious. :lol: :D

One thing I didn't like was how Dean was so set on the non-existance of angels because they had never seen one themselves, that they'd never come across them. Silly Dean, you didn't think vampires existed either. And I mean, duh, of course vampires are real. :rolleyes:

^^^ Yeah, Dean. WWBD? What Would Buffy Do?" :lol:

Incidentally, I wonder if they're going to stop doing the "previously on Supernatural" bit at the beginning. This episode didn't have it, if I remember correctly.

And this week's episode looks intense. Is this sweeps week, because we could be in for another humdinger! :D

^
^
I think it's sweeps for all shows, isn't it .. They start in February, right..?

Im kinda sick of the "Previously on Supernatural" bit .. Dean's infamous "..saving people, hunting things..the family business." line is really getting on my nerves.

^^^ No kidding. It's the only time when I'm not happy to hear from Jensen/Dean! :lol: I hope they feel they can just air the episodes without needing the recap by now. I mean, we're most of the way though season 2. I think we get it. And any new viewers, well... they'll just have to sort it out! Not like they could understand the premise of the show thanks to a quick barrage of images from past eps anyway! :lol:

Right on. If you're not watching it already, you don't deserve to be caught up :lol:

Last year, they "cut and pasted" some scenes to make the recaps more exciting, like when Sam said something about finding Jess's killer and that's what keeps him going, they made it to imply he was talking about his dad. Kinda bugged me.

In the next little bit, they'll probably make one of those recaps like they did last season to Kansas's "Wayward Son."

If they rocked them out with some good classic rock, I wouldn't mind as much. That makes it more artistic! :lol:

I've read a bit of the blurb on the next episode and I finally watched the previews on the CW site. Interesting. I'm predicting a lot of angst. ;)

But I really wish Dean would spill something on his shirt and have to take it off. No, I'm not shallow! :p

Holy Hell... so I've just been watching the promos and director's cuts for this week's episode, and I gotta say... I do love February Sweeps with a fiery passion. Cuz damn! And you're absolutely right, Baba... it'll be angstier than an angsty angstwhore. :p

So, things start out pretty damn angsty, as you can see from the director's cuts. And that's before Sam goes all black-eyes. Yeesh. Oh, and the Richard Sambora reference... made me instantly think of "Day in the life of Jared and Jensen" where they're showing the pics of the boys in wigs. :lol:

Now, a couple of little screencaps from the promo, just because I can. And because you can never have too many pictures of those boys. :p

Angsty!Sam
Worried!Dean

*runs off to listen to "Born Under a Bad Sign" by Cream*
*loves when they name episodes after songs*

Geez, it's only Tuesday and my squee is already running rampant. :lol:

ETA: Oh, and one more thing... I was looking at a high res cap of Sam and Dean with their FBI badges, and nearly choked when I realized that Sam's ID says his name is Han Solo. I couldn't make out what Dean's said at the time, but then I cam across something that someone had written, and apparently it says Jack Ryan, which is another character played by Harrison Ford. Tee hee! Only thing is, I thought Dean was supposed to be Han Solo... :lol:

ETAA: Ok, two more things and then I SWEAR I'll go away...

This picture is from a picspam of the various crazy motels that Sam and Dean stay at. Note the spelling. :p

And also, I just remembered that there was FINALLY fence climbing in Houses of the Holy! It's like, one of the show's signatures, and they hadn't climbed a single fence all season. I was starting to get worried.

It's spelled with the Canadian spelling, "Centre" instead of the American spelling, "Center." I love when Canadianisms slip into American shows filmed in Canada. Although I can't take credit for finding that one.

There was another episode, I think it might have been Scarecrow, where a train passes over a bridge... and the cars say "CN" on them (or it might be CP Rail, can't remember). :D Although I suppose it is plausible that a Canadian train could be travelling in the states, but I still thought it was fun. :D

Ah, right. I forgot about our French influence up here.

On a side note for Jensen fans, I watched "Devour" tonight and low and behold it too is fimed in Vancouver. I could tell from the opening forest shot... and then Jensen is suddenly driving through Edgemont Village, about a 5 minute walk from where I live. As he passed by my SuperValu grocery store, I almost had a coniption! :lol:

It's funny, but I've been thinking for a while now that I'm surprised they haven't filmed a Supernatural episode in Edgemont yet, since it has that small town village feel about it.

Oh, and another thing I noticed in Devour- I think they used that same house on the lake from the Supernatural episode Dead in the Water. Ironically, there's a line in the movie about it being a small world, and the character responds, "I like it that way." I'll keep crossing my fingers for a second Jensen sighting. It was about a year ago that I saw him downtown, so I think I'm about due for another look! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back