Supernatural

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by draig_goch, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 915

915 CSI Level One

:eek: OMG the season 2 priemere was excellent :D. Granted the end of the episode had me tearing up quite a bit :( , but it was an excellent way to bring in the new season and I can't wait until next week. :D

2. Guest

Guest Guest

raaaa in France they have not broadcast the first season yet... :mad:

i can't wait, Jensen looks so wooooooooow

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

You know, that whole last bit with Dean and his dad had me a bit choked up. As annoying as the father could be, I didn't want to see him die...

Poor guy. He's now died on both Grey's Anatomy and Supernatural! :eek:

:lol:

4. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

And he played a dead guy on Weeds. Dead, Dead, Dead! :lol:

Great premiere! I missed the finale, but their recaps at the start of each episode are really informational...informative?...ah, you know what I mean :D

Jensen was great this episode! I loved the scene with him and Jared/Sam on the Oijui Board. "I feel like I'm at a slumber party" :lol:

5. YouandMe1105

YouandMe1105 Lab Technician

Heh, well at least when Jeffrey Dean Morgan guest starred on CSI his character didn't get whacked. So I suppose that's a plus. Both Jensen and Jared were great in the premiere. But I have to say my favorite line was "Dude, I full on Swayzed that mother!" :lol:

6. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

What. A. Premiere. I loved it. It was fantastic, angsty, funny, and scary [I guess .. Im not a squemish person :p].

I was pretty spoiler-free for this episode and it felt really good not knowing what was going to happen. :lol:

I'll have to do it again :D

The dude has zero luck :lol:

I think he's guesting on another ABC show, so it's not too bad.

7. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

allstar12, I had the same reaction to the premire! It was truly INCREDIBLE!! I LOVED it!! VERY well done! Brilliant acting by Jared & Jensen! :D

I've been spoiler free for this whole episode [and the season in general] and I loved watching it and not knowing what was going happen and being suprised.

John dying was a shocker for me [although towards the end of the episode I had my suspicions] but the episode was fantastic! Based on the little promos for the next episode this looks like it'll be a great season!

8. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

So wonderful! Eee! Oh man, great-ness, as expected!

But ahhh! I was unfortunately not able to enjoy it in the regular way to the full extent, because a friend of mine showed up at my house! I figured he would, and originally I planned to just not answer the door, but then I did anyways. It just wasn't the same, but I still did get to watch it at least.

Ok, now, I have a question: Was that THE demon that John summoned??? I didn't think it was at first, but then I was like "WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!"

Ugh, I'm just all confused and messed up and slightly disappointed now. Not disappointed by the show at all, but just because there was a distraction in the room. :( Ah, well, I guess I'll just have to watch it again and again and again now. ;)

9. csi_fanatic87

To anwser your question: Yes, quickbeam_cw. John summoned The Demon.

I was hoping in my head the whole time that nothing would distract me while I was watching the premire and luckily I wasn't disturbed one bit! :D I hear that! Like all the other season 1 episodes, I'll be watching that episode over and over. :D

10. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

AHA!! See, that makes it even better, that it was The Demon! But then, why didn't John just summon him some other time and shoot him? Mind you, The Demon's pretty quick so he proably wouldn't have been able to, but he could have probably shot him then and there, had he not needed him...

Oh man, so twisty and turny! *goes to rewatch it*

ETA: Ok, so now that I've seen it a second time without distractions, it's sooooooo much more awesome!! Plus, there's the added bonus of ACTUALLY knowing what's going on. The first time around I missed John and Sam's fight about how the stuff John wanted wasn't to ward off The Demon, but to summon it... so that part all made much more sense. Plus, there were so many other little things that I loved, and will list a few: (oh, and I'll put in some spoiler space, even though it's already aired, but I'll do it anyways)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    -When Dean says "Come on Sam, go find some hoodoo priest to lay some mojo on me" and then in the next scene Sams says "I'll find some hoodoo priest to lay some mojo on him." *squee!!*
    -When Sam is with the Impala, and he says "If there's only one working part, that's enough. We're not just gonna give up on..." because it's like he's comparing it to Dean. The Metallicar is symbolic of the Metallicar Driver. :D
    -Jensen's acting!! INCREDIBLE!!
    -The new "Supernatural" title shot with the flames and the pentagram for the A
    -Dean breaking the glass, as well as other spirit!Dean and psychic!Sam moments (including the Ouija Board)
    -Sam dropping the cup of coffee when he sees John. Such a FANTASTIC shot! And the sound effect as the cup hits the floor... *glee*
    -and, of course, John giving up his own life to save his son's

Now, two things I'm DYING to know:
    a) what EXACTLY John whispered in Dean's ear. Somehow I can see a LOT of fanfics being written about this. :p But I hope Dean tells Sam about it eventually so that we can know too. :p
    b) what all did John know about psychic!Sam, and will the boys ever find out that he knew and how much he knew?

Oh, and a funny story that happened while watching it the first time around: I was watching the ep with my friend (since he showed up at my house unexpectedly), and when he saw Dean, he was like (jokingly), "That guy's fugly." I just about burst out laughing, because just the way he said it, and the words he used, it was just SO much like the "Dude, you fugly" in Scarecrow. He might have even said "That dude's fugly" I can't remember for sure. Golden moment, absolutely golden. :D

11. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

That was hillarious! :lol:

Yeah, he got a part on a new Shonda Rimes (Grey's Anatomy) show. It's about reporters or something.

12. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Something I just realized. If John could so easily summon the demon, like he did in the premiere, why not do it sooner..?

It's much easier to summon, than it is to hunt something for 20+ years.

13. csi_fanatic87

You picked out some amazing moments/scenes and I can say you listed all of my favorites [although the entire episode in general could be classified as my favorite]. With the credits, the flames and pentagram "A" was brillant. I LOVE Angry!Sam so I was very happy to see that. :D It's great to have that Dean humor back also. I love Dean being emo and all about his family and the premire had that so for me the episode was pure bliss.

Those same topics I'm also curious about. Hopefully the show won't leave us hanging on that too long, but with Supernatural you never know. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Sam will react and everything once he finally knows about:

1]what their father knew about him, why he kept it secret, how long he knew, etc

and

2]what "plans" The Demon has for him

This will be an indredible season indeed. :D

14. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

As Season 1 of Superntural just finished here in Malaysia, a local magazine did a short review on Supernatural. I've scanned the page and here it is.

[​IMG]

15. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

I think this show is good and I would like to start watching more. But do you guys think they are going to be okay, putting it up against CSI? That seems like a bad idea...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.