Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I bought the DVDs today, at I price Im not too happy about. Just FYI to people who want to buy it, there are a few places selling it for $49.99 but there are other places like Best Buy selling them for $35.99.

Anywho, the Special Features are awesome! The Gag Reel is even more hilarious than it looks.

quickbeam_cw said:
What's that?!?! The Space Channel has SPN!? Oh thank GOD! You see, I just moved into a different house, and have cable now, so I've been desperately trying to find a channel with Supernatural on it. I so far haven't found either The WB or UPN (which together will become the CW), so I was getting all panicked. But will the Space Channel be running the new episodes soon after they air? Or will they just be running repeats from the first season until next year?

According to SPACE, they're showing repeats right now, right up to the S1 finale. Im assuming Space will start airing S2 episodes either a day or week after the CW/CityTv air the premiere.

I really wish I had more than basic cable... sigh. Ah the good old days when I had StarChoice Satelite! :eek:

I'm still hoping they manage to squeeze in the last few episodes before the new season starts... although if it's still on at the same time as CSI, I won't get to watch the new season anyway! :lol:

$35.99 at Best Buy!! Argh! I knew I should have waited... I bought mine at Wal-Mart for 50 bucks, but I was thinking of getting it from Best Buy (which would mean getting their little extra bonus DVD thingie), but we don't have a Best Buy here. So, the alternate plan was for my friend who lives in a different city to buy me a copy and then ship it to me, but I just couldn't wait that long. And my fricking case is broken! I opened it up and Disc 5 fell out cuz the little plastic button thingie was busted. Same thing for Disc 6, but it stays in. :( :mad:

ETA: OMG!!!!!!!!!!! FRICKING HILARIOUS! Oh man, I nearly pissed myself laughing at the gag reel. So funny! Just loved their "Canadian accents" :lol: - for over-the-top accents, they were really good! Probably better than I could do, and I live here. :lol: :rolleyes:

And, so far I've found a couple of easter eggs that I guess I'll share with you. I'll put 'em in spoiler tags just in case you like finding them on your own. :) And since I'm watching this on my DVD-ROM on my computer, all my little directions are "click here, click there" instead of "press left when you're on this title" or whatever.

1. After you've watched the gag reel, Dean's eyes glow yellow (as if he were possessed by The Demon ;) ). Click on them, and you get to see the rejected DVD themes. I like the first one. :D 2. Click once on "Day in the Life of Jensen and Jared" and the door on the shack to the right of the menus glows yellow. Click it for a little message from Eric Kripke.

So far that's all I've got, but I've only been watching the DVDs for like 20 minutes so far. :D

^
^
I love the Canadian accents part. It's stereotypical but incredibly hilarious. I love those huge jackets they wear too - two Southern boys in a Vancouver winter :lol:

I was thinking about buying mine at Best Buy but in the past, Box TV Shows have been more expensive there than places like Wal-Mart and HMV. I shouldn't have settled for HMV I guess :(

:D My birthday is next week. I'm going to now proceed to beg my mom to buy me "Supernatural" DVDs. That gag reel just sounds so funny.

Hehe, another one of my favourite scenes in the gag reel was the part where Jared didn't quite make it over the fence. I <3 the fence-climbing big time, and I'd watched that particular scene thousands of times going "Oh man, how do they DO that?!" and then to see him not make it was hilarious and cute. Teehee!

Hee! I just purchased the season one box set. :D

I've seen the gag reel, and Day In The Life, and commentary by Jared and Jensen for 'Phantom Traveller', and those two guys just kill me. :lol: It was great to hear what they thought about Vancouver. :D

Hehe, another one of my favourite scenes in the gag reel was the part where Jared didn't quite make it over the fence.

:lol: That was hilarious! My gosh! That was too funny. All of ut was hilarious and I also enjoy the Canadian accent segment! Jared was really shoveling in that candy too. Those extras were amazing! I loved them! :D

You're probably not the only guy who watches the show. You're just the only one brave enough to come in here with all of us Deanyboppers and Sammyboppers. :lol: :p. (Just kidding)

Welcome to the Supernatural thread. :)

:lol:

Welcome to the SN thread RIPTimSpeedle.

So far, I've only known one guy to watch SN, apart from you. And he says I watch it for Jared and Jensen. Not true. :lol:

Yeah, Dean does have awesome one liners. My favorite of all time is this:

"Dude, you're fugly"

:lol:

:lol: I love that line.

One of my favorite lines has to be:

Sam: Where's my brother!
Dean: You're about to shoot him!

:lol: I loved 'Skin'.

Me too! It was kinda a sad moment when Evil!Dean told Sam how Dean felt about him. Not to mention we get to see a shirtless Dean. ;)

:lol: Shirtless Dean is always a plus.

I liked Evil Dean. He was cool.

"Your brother has a lot of good qualities. You should appreciate him more than you do." The man speaks the truth. :p I also kind of liked how Evil Dean just wanted someone to love him...It's too bad he went about it the wrong way. :lol:

Of the grand total of three people in real life who I know who watch SPN, one of them is in fact a guy... 33%, not too bad. :lol: I think as far as # of male/female that actually watch the show it's probably split more or less evenly, it's just that females tend to overrun this fandom, as well as many fandoms in general. :)

Oh Dean...
"Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole."
"I hope your apple pie was freakin' worth it!"

...and so many more... I watched "Skin" and "Hookman" tonight, and one of my favourite lines (although I can't remember the exact quote) was from "Skin": "I wanna find that handsome son of a bitch and beat the crap out of him!" Oooh, that and "Well, he's smart, he picked the handsome one." I love Dean's lines where he mentions how handsome he is. So true, so wonderfully true.

Anyone else noticed how at the beginning of the season, Dean was always really excited and enthusiastic about killing things, but towards the end of the season he sort of seemed to tone down the bloodlust a bit? Maybe it was just character development at the beginning of the season, and they were just trying to introduce the viewers to the fact that Dean enjoys what he does... but maybe there's some deeper reason? Something along the lines of 'it's not as fun/thrilling anymore because there's more at stake now, ie: Sam' maybe...? Just a thought. :D Hope that made sense, not sure if I really explained what I was trying to say very well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back