Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

It's inevitable when you have two male characters on a TV Show that really are best friends and extremely close, everyone's immediately going to think 'Slash'.

Personally I don't agree with it but I can understand why some people see it.

Loved this week's episode. Thought it hit the quality of the Pilot. Awesome storyline. Don't particularly like the strength of focus on the Matt/Harriet relationship though.

If Amanda Peet is pregnant, which I do believe she is, what are they going to do with her character? Surely they're not going to work the pregnancy into the plot.

It wasn't a bad episode. The acting has remained excellent, even if I feel the show hasn't been as great as I'd hoped.

Overall, I think the writing is solid, but the exerpts we see of the actual program they're writing for during the episodes... lame. They're sitting there laughing at comedy that just isn't funny. That's the only downfall of the show for me so far.

Just saw on Entertainment Tonight that today is the birthday of Bradley Whitford, who plays Danny Tripp on Studio 60. He was Josh Lyman on The West Wing, appeared on his real-life wife's series Malcolm In The Middle, and also guest starred on ER, NYPD Blue, X-Files, Frasier, and other series and movies. Today, he turns 47. Happy birthday, Bradley. Hope your ratings are good for your current series and for the fictional show in the series.

This last episode 'The West Coast Delay' had more drama and darker humor than the earlier ones. It's unfortunate it is up against CSI:Miami and is suffering ratings-wise because of it, because so far I think Aaron Sorkin's writing has been perfect (naturally *g*!) The Matt and Danny characters absolutely make the show and, slash potential or not, their relationship is pivotal. I'm not sure I agree that the humor in the 'show-within-the-show'is lame. The musical number in The Cold Open was brilliant but this last episode was a little more disappointing. The humor of the show itself is wonderful and ranges from the slapstick to the subtle. I loved Matt's final comment for the delay - this is not the comedy we intended at the start ...!

The behind-the-scenes TV soap "Studio 60" is about to be cancelled, according to reports.

Foxnews.com reports that cast members are expecting the axe to fall any minute because the show's ratings have been such a disappointment.

The problem is that the show - from "The West Wing" creator, Aaron Sorkin -"is keeping only about half the audience passed on by the show right before it, "Heroes".(New York Post).

Yeah, I sadly heard about the show being canceled. I also heard something that they're trying to push out at least three more episodes, but it's still up in the air.

The audience thing between Heroes and Studio 60 didn't really surprise me. Though my roommate and I watch them both, it's like dealing between night and day. It's catering to two different audiences.

I just read this on another site and I am really sad about it. Studio 60 is a great show. Why NBC can't try to find another night for it is beyond me. I definately agree with you SimplyBlue Heroes and Studio 60 have two entirely different viewing audiences. One is not necessarily going to watch the other. Another good show down the drain. Hopefully we can get the remaining shows to the end of year.

Well apparently FOXnews jumped the gun and NBC says that they has ordered three more scripts. I am hoping this is a good sign. I found this site: www.savestudio60.com
I don't know how well online petitions are viewed by networks but I signed up. I really hope it does some good.

In a statement to MediaPost, an NBC rep refutes talk — fueled by a recent Fox News report — that Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is thisclose to being axed. The missive reiterates that NBC recently ordered three more scripts for the struggling Monday series, and maintains that the show, at this point, still "is profitable." The buzz here in the TV Guide hallways is that NBC will wait to see the numbers for one more Studio 60 airing before making any major decisions, while MediaPost says that a time-slot change, not all-out cancellation, is a more likely first remedy.(Tv Guide).

Just saw a promo showin' that John Goodman is goin' to be guest starrin' in this Monday's episode.

It wasn't clear if Goodman will be a character or playin' "himself" in the episode, though.

I'll be tunin' in either way.

Back