"Still Life" discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Just saw the promo for this. Weird is all I have to say. The scene in the police dept with both women yelling at the kid was just strange, for lack of a better word. Did the woman at the convenience store brainwash him and threaten him with his life if he doesn't call her 'mom'? And when the kid spotted the 2nd woman as she was being dragged off, even his behavior was odd. If the woman having a fit in the park was his mom - is she really his mom or is she just delusional? - why would he get all excited over this other woman? And as if he doesn't have enough issues trying to figure out who is his mom, he doesn't seem to know what his name is either. Is Jesse or Adam? Pick one.

I don't know about anyone else but if you take your kid to the park or anywhere for that matter, and even if you're engaged in conversation with a friend or stranger whose kids are also playing there, in this day and age it's really stupid to not keep a close eye on your kid the entire time, even for a second. Plus, wouldn't you be able to spot someone if they were anywhere near your kid? Using the swingset in the wide open area in the promo for example. Most parks have these in the middle of the play area, not on the outskirts, so anyone going near there who obviously isn't the kid's parent(s) would stick out like a sore thumb. So either the woman wasn't paying attention for some unknown reason (I'd love to hear that one) or else she's being a drama queen and an enabler of the entire situation. Who knows.

Based on what little there is to go on in the promo, the only people I feel any sympathy for at all are the CSIs.

And the closing scene of the promo is the glass window/wall in the police station, not bars. Didn't seem creepy in itself. I was more creeped out by the kid than the interior decorating of the waiting room. :lol:

I once watched a show where something like this happened, and eventually we found out that a doctor stole some eggs from the real mother and when some women werent able to get pragnant, the doctor would insert that lady's eggs in these women. The lady didn't give consent to use her eggs but the doctor did it anyway. All the kids looked alike and had the lady's DNA but the other women gave birth to the kids. It's just amazing what people would do for money
This is from Law and Order:Svu and ya I cant wait to see this eppy it looks really really good

I don't know about anyone else but if you take your kid to the park or anywhere for that matter, and even if you're engaged in conversation with a friend or stranger whose kids are also playing there, in this day and age it's really stupid to not keep a close eye on your kid the entire time, even for a second. Plus, wouldn't you be able to spot someone if they were anywhere near your kid? Using the swingset in the wide open area in the promo for example. Most parks have these in the middle of the play area, not on the outskirts, so anyone going near there who obviously isn't the kid's parent(s) would stick out like a sore thumb. So either the woman wasn't paying attention for some unknown reason (I'd love to hear that one) or else she's being a drama queen and an enabler of the entire situation. Who knows.
or also the kid Could have been lured off and away from the swings or were ever like that eppy of miami sry dont know the name....so ya this seems like a very confusing and complacated eppi like i said before cant wait.

Just saw the promo for this. Weird is all I have to say....

Weird in a good way or a bad way? Does it peak your interest enough to to want to watch it? True, we don't have all the answers, but then you don't give all the answers in the promo...you want people to watch the show...

Is Jesse or Adam? Pick one.

I would imagine that he will have one name by the end of the episode. I think though the PTB don't want to put that answer up on the web by giving only one name. By putting up both names, it means we don't know who is telling the truth and who isn't.

There's a difference in weirds? :lol: I guess you could call it either one. Yeah it caught my interest and I'll definitely watch it. I don't expect them to give away everything in the promo either. Otherwise why sit down and watch it when it does actually air if you already know everything? Speaking of which, I used to lurk over at one of the Lost forums during the premiere season when it still held my interest and the people there were constantly whining because they couldn't stand how the promos were cut with scenes out of order and how ABC was the only station that ever did that. And then you choose to watch the episode after that becasue why? But the subject matter itself of each one was simply a moot point. I never did figure that out because it seems like the whole experience would be ruined.

And as far as who's telling the truth, that question came up right away with both women and how the kid seems to interact/react with each of them. Then again even in watching the episodes you can't always tell who's telling the truth and who isn't until the end. But I am definitely intrigued as to how this case is going to pan out.

I don't know Grissom's father dropped dead on sofa when he was 9....In the past I always thought his father left him and his mother :(

As far as this Kelly Gordon thing, I just have to wonder/ask - if she is up for parole only like six months after her dad kidnapped a CSI - Why. Why did dear ol'dad go through all of that and kill himself if his daughter wasn't going to be in for life? I would think he'd know at least a year ago when her parole was coming.

Okay, besides him being tick off about his daughter turning cold in jail, why the big revenge thing?

I can't add much (being in the Uk, we haven't had series 6 yet) but I will say that it is quite easy to take your eyes off your kids in the park. Of course, you always aim to have your eyes on them all the time but all it takes is a distraction (like another kid falling over badly or someone calling you on your cell) and your attention goes just for a few seconds and unfortunately, that's all it needs these days.

Sounds like a great episode.

I don't know Grissom's father dropped dead on sofa when he was 9....In the past I always thought his father left him and his mother :(
What?! Seriously? Wow, now that's interesting... So were there medical reasons or did he just mysteriously DFO? Hmm...

What?! Seriously? Wow, now that's interesting... So were there medical reasons or did he just mysteriously DFO? Hmm...

I saw a scene from the ep and Grissom tells Cath what happened to his dad when he was 9 - that seems to be the age that bad sutff happens for CSIs - anyways, his dad took a nap on the sofa after coming home from work and he didn't wake up, [Grissom] "..and no one ever told me why.."

So, yes he DFO-ed I suppose. His cause if death might've been dtermined, Griss just doesn't know about it.

As far as this Kelly Gordon thing, I just have to wonder/ask - if she is up for parole only like six months after her dad kidnapped a CSI - Why. Why did dear ol'dad go through all of that and kill himself if his daughter wasn't going to be in for life? I would think he'd know at least a year ago when her parole was coming.

Okay, besides him being tick off about his daughter turning cold in jail, why the big revenge thing?

Because she landed in jail because evidence overruled her word.

Thanks so much for the info, allstar! I'm curious as to how the writers are going to handle yet another childhood trauma storyline. (No kidding about the bad stuff happening to CSIs at age 9! :rolleyes:)

Nice new avvie, by the way. :D

Wow, what episode was this supposed to be in, a previous or a coming-up episode? That'll be cool, even though the traumatic childhood experience storyline has been overused and overabused...

Well, let's hope they make something interesting out of it. I too always thought that his dad just left em. I guess, in a way, that could be a way of leaving them too. Oh, that makes me just want to hug Griss! Even moreso!

Back