Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

• Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

• Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

• Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

• Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

• Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

• Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think people should respect Melina's decision to leave and not speculate about why she left
Cant you find something to do?:rolleyes:

What else is there to do on a message board but state one's opinion? This is like when people were speculating about how Carmine feels about the DL story line. We don't know anything other than what he says in the press and putting words in his mouth isn't fair to him. I personally feel the same is true of Melina. She hasn't said she left because the show is failing and she wants out before it does fail. She didn't give any reason. It's not fair to her as a person to assign a reason just to satisfy people who want to make themselves feel better about why she left.

I think people should respect Melina's decision to leave and not speculate about why she left

What else is there to do on a message board but state one's opinion? This is like when people were speculating about how Carmine feels about the DL story line. We don't know anything other than what he says in the press and putting words in his mouth isn't fair to him. I personally feel the same is true of Melina. She hasn't said she left because the show is failing and she wants out before it does fail. She didn't give any reason. It's not fair to her as a person to assign a reason just to satisfy people who want to make themselves feel better about why she left.

Speculating is not assigning though, it's talking about the possibilities that could have made her leave. No one's saying that this is the reason, just that it could be the reason. It happens when something like that happens, such a sudden and unexpected departure without any reasons given.

I think she wasn´t really happy anymore with the quality of the show and that there wasn´t really any progress in Stella´s character.
If that is the case it must have been recent because I saw her on a talk show promoting "Rest in Peace Maria" and she was all excited about hanging upside down in the car crash scene.

Maybe it has been going on for a while now. It could have been gradually, she still could have liked RIP Marina and still not have been satisfied and the contract negotiations were just the end of that. The last straw, so to say.

AUSIELLO:
CBS declined further comment, but a source tells me that Kanakaredes was approached with a new deal but she opted to move on.
This explanation does not necessarily suggest there was a pay raise or a pay cut just a "new deal". A deal in which Melina apparently was not satisfied with.

Well, the first article did say it was due to a pay cut, the one about Sela Ward states that it didn't happen for a pay cut but didn't give any other reason, so Ausiello seemed to have been asked to revise that statement. I guess we can be sure it had something to do with the contract though. After all, it must have come from somewhere that it was a pay cut.
But I guess we'll never know the real reason.

AUSIELLO:CBS spokesperson
“We hoped Melina would return to CSI: NY for another season, but we respect her decision to move on,” said CBS (network and studio) in a statement. “Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best.”
Which IMHO leaves the door open for the future if she changes her mind which indeed has been done with characters on both CSI and Miami :thumbsup:

I hope so. Though I think they wouldn't state when that wasn't the case. After all, no reason for her departure was given...

Speculating is not assigning though, it's talking about the possibilities that could have made her leave. No one's saying that this is the reason, just that it could be the reason. It happens when something like that happens, such a sudden and unexpected departure without any reasons given.

Actually speculating is assigning. If people were listing reasons as to why she could have left that's one thing. To say you think one particular reason is the reason is assigning a reason without proof and that is the definition of speculating.

Maybe it has been going on for a while now. It could have been gradually, she still could have liked RIP Marina and still not have been satisfied and the contract negotiations were just the end of that. The last straw, so to say.
Maybe

Well, the first article did say it was due to a pay cut, the one about Sela Ward states that it didn't happen for a pay cut but didn't give any other reason, so Ausiello seemed to have been asked to revise that statement. I guess we can be sure it had something to do with the contract though. After all, it must have come from somewhere that it was a pay cut.
But I guess we'll never know the real reason.
That is the problem with "he said She said" it sounds like Ausiello had to contradict himself. Unless we have both individuals standing side by side the truth can not be known:)

What else is there to do on a message board but state one's opinion?
And that is fine but dont tell others how to state theirs dear.:)

What else is there to do on a message board but state one's opinion?
And that is fine but dont tell others how to state theirs dear.:)

Tell me where I said, "Everyone needs to stop stating their opinion." I said I don't think it's fair to assign reasons for why Melina left when we don't know for sure. Not the same thing, dear. ;)

Tell me where I said, "Everyone needs to stop stating their opinion."

spec·u·late (sp
ebreve.gif
k
prime.gif
y
schwa.gif
-l
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif
)
v. spec·u·lat·ed, spec·u·lat·ing, spec·u·lates
v.intr. 1. To meditate on a subject; reflect.
2. To engage in a course of reasoning often based on inconclusive evidence.
:)

Actually speculating is assigning. If people were listing reasons as to why she could have left that's one thing. To say you think one particular reason is the reason is assigning a reason without proof and that is the definition of speculating.
´
I didn't read that anyone said this is the reason though. People were discussing what could have been, and are saying that they think there's more to it rather than saying this was it.
No one said she left because of...
However, if I assign someone a task, I don't speculate someone a task. No one's been putting any words in MK's mouth but everyone's been wondering why she could have left.

spec·u·late (sp
ebreve.gif
k
prime.gif
y
schwa.gif
-l
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif
)
v. spec·u·lat·ed, spec·u·lat·ing, spec·u·lates
v.intr. 1. To meditate on a subject; reflect.
2. To engage in a course of reasoning often based on inconclusive evidence.
:)

You convienently left out one definition:

1 : to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence

Peple saying they don't believe she left for her family or for a pay cut but do believe she left to get out before the show dies are not just going through the reasons of why she could have left. They're picking out a reason that suits them and stating this must be the reason. There's a huge difference.

ballettmaus---->
Peyton is back? I thought "Point of View" was the only episode she would be back in. :eek:
Unless they havent´t changed plans, Peyton will move on to S7 and be part of a love triangle, until Mac will choose to choose either her or Aubrey :D.

I don't think they were clever because there are a lot of people who were upset over the quick replacement of MK. They felt like CBS didn't try hard enough to keep MK.
I don't think the network goes into negotiations without a possible backup in case things go wrong and no one knows when the decision was made or when the negotiations reached the point of no return and they continued to negotiate but also looked for a replacement because it seemed like they couldn't convince MK to stay.
The quick replacement seemed as if they didn't care whether MK was leaving or not. It's not just on this board that people reacted upset about it.
Well, I agree that it was at least pretty unclever how CBS handled releasing the breaking news of MK leaving CSI on one day, and right the next day they released the news of Sela Ward being her replacement. That way it really left a sort of foul smell, as if they didn´t bother too much about Melina´s decision, because they had already a new ace hidden backhand.

PerfectAnomaly--->I have nothing but respect for Melina´s decision and I said it before that I even think she did the right thing at the right time. I also acknowledge that, no matter how spontaneous it seemed to appear to the outside world, Melina must have made her decision quite a while ago, anyway right in time enough to enable CBS to look for an adequate replacement to bring in S7. Quite probably they had several candidates and the decision for Sela was very likely made in the past days or weeks.

Rumours always had it that Melina´s contract would end with S6, so negotiations for a new contract might have already begun even while S6 was still running, because I imagine both sides were eager to come to a result before the summer holidays would begin. And I´m sure it all happened in an amicable atmosphere, no bad vibes.
So why CBS kept the news secret until this Monday is their guess, in any way it opened the door for speculations, and I can´t see anything bad in speculations and discussions as long as they are not taking offense.

My dearest Lamm,
Nut, beloved Nut, yes, it was hard to understand and to belive on this. But if she remain in people's mind maybe Melina will realize she misses all of us, the show, her colleagues and her fans.
I depend on that, beloved Nut, to think she will be back at some point. And I am a Smackie but i am a Stella fan and that make it harder this but i will try to give all chances i could as long both sides, specially Melina, give us a chance for those viewers who are truly hopeless and very sad out there. I know life must go on, heck! i have been fan of other shows too. I do understand most of times is "business" but if they could have understand what it means for people! Anyway, i will keep my hope. I don't quit to the idea Stella Bonasera will be back at some point and we will have a explanation to all this.

many hugs my dearest NUT

the Lamm
Oh, I´m sure Melina will miss the show, the team, the fans, just everything. Leaving NY must have been one of the most difficult decisions she ever made. But things change, and I guess it was just the perfect moment for Melina to make her choice. I don´t want to take your hopes away, and I´m sure Melina will soon explain herself, and who knows, maybe she´ll have some good news for us about new projects, shows or films :).

So keep your head up, many hugs to you :).

Lori K.--->
If that is the case it must have been recent because I saw her on a talk show promoting "Rest in Peace Maria" and she was all excited about hanging upside down in the car crash scene.
I remember that, and I do believe that she enjoyed shooting this episode in particular. But that doesn´t necessarily mean that she was still generally happy with the show´s development. If she wasn´t, she´d be far too polite to do a public slag off in a talk show.
Around the beginning of S6 she was asked if she will stay until the show ends and she replied something like "I dunno, I never feel overly sure, there´s so much going on on TV, so many new programmes and pay TV like TNT. It´s all very exciting, so who knows.....".
That raised an eye brow, because IMO it gave a hint that Melina might have already started to think about a life without and beyond CSI:NY.

: to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence
:lol: :lol: Ahmmm please read again! :
To engage in a course of reasoning often based on inconclusive evidence.
inconclusive/ insufficient what am I missing here?:)

Peple saying they don't believe she left for her family or for a pay cut but do believe she left to get out before the show dies are not just going through the reasons of why she could have left. They're picking out a reason that suits them and stating this must be the reason. There's a huge difference
So your a "mind reader" then?

You better hope they never stop or your "mind reading" gig is up!:lol::lol::lol:

Unless they havent´t changed plans, Peyton will move on to S7 and be part of a love triangle, until Mac will choose to choose either her or Aubrey :D
Claire Forlani will be a busy gal then because she is signed on to a series called Camolot. :).

Last edited:
: to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence
:lol: :lol: Ahmmm please read again! :

inconclusive/ insufficient what am I missing here?:)

The part about taking something as "truth." ;)

Peple saying they don't believe she left for her family or for a pay cut but do believe she left to get out before the show dies are not just going through the reasons of why she could have left. They're picking out a reason that suits them and stating this must be the reason. There's a huge difference
So your a "mind reader" then?

I don't have to be a mind reader when there are people in this thread who have out and out stated what I've said they've stated. Maybe you should go back and read the thread. ;)

You better hope they never stop or your "mind reading" gig is up!:lol::lol::lol:

You've got the "reading" part right anyway. Although I'd put "comprehension" after it instead of "mind" before it. ;)

ballettmaus---->
Peyton is back? I thought "Point of View" was the only episode she would be back in. :eek:
Unless they havent´t changed plans, Peyton will move on to S7 and be part of a love triangle, until Mac will choose to choose either her or Aubrey :D.

I thought they had dropped the issue when they didn't do the cliffhanger they announced. Because wasn't CSI NY originally scheduled for only 22 episodes? It was all over the place that in the finale episode Mac would have to chose between Aubrey and Peyton, so when that didn't happen I thought they had dropped it due to the response. Which wouldn't be the first time they did that.
Besides, Peyton went back to England, didn't she?

(Isn't it enough that MK is leaving already? Besides, the love triangle was anything but popular, wasn't it? Wouldn't they shoot themselves in the foot if they continued that as well? New character, new time slot, MK leaving and Mac's love life? Talk about suicide :p )

Rumours always had it that Melina´s contract would end with S6, so negotiations for a new contract might have already begun even while S6 was still running, because I imagine both sides were eager to come to a result before the summer holidays would begin. And I´m sure it all happened in an amicable atmosphere, no bad vibes.
So why CBS kept the news secret until this Monday is their guess, in any way it opened the door for speculations, and I can´t see anything bad in speculations and discussions as long as they are not taking offense.

Wouldn't they have made a cliffhanger on her part though if they had thought she wouldn't be back? Season 7 from CSI Miami ended with a cliffhanger for Eric, so why didn't season 6 end with a cliffhanger for Stella but for Danny if both were a questionmark and not sure to return?

The part about taking something as "truth." ;)
Speculation is not truth.

don't have to be a mind reader when there are people in this thread who have out and out stated what I've said they've stated
You indeed are "wondrous", maybe you need to create your own thread this one is already taken.:lol:.....Ahem back to Melina:)

and I can´t see anything bad in speculations and discussions as long as they are not taking offense.
HERE! HERE!! :beer:
Wouldn't they have made a cliffhanger on her part though if they had thought she wouldn't be back?
That makes sense. Also do you ever wonder if they shoot extra scenes in case someone doesnt come back? Then they would have a second option ending to go with?

Back