Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I don't know you guys, but i refuse to believe we are going to loose her. I still have a little light in my heart telling me there is a tiny hop she could come back. At least for just one episode

(NUT! dear NUT! you are here! {{{hugs}}}

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

This irritates me a lot!:scream:
    Stella's character needs to be sent off well and I can't believe she won't be in the premiere.

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

me neither. That's why i refuse to quit to loose Melina and Stella! But we need an open storyline to keep the hope she will be bring back in the future!

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Ausiello is now reporting that CBS did NOT ask Melina to take a pay cut. She chose to leave on her own.

6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, dear LAMM!!!! *hugs back*, long time, no see, and now under such sad circumstances :(

Well, as long as they don´t write Stella out as dead, anything can happen; you know how it is with the other CSI´s and some stars of the major cast who left, but not for good ;)?
    Maybe Stella could at least have guest appearances from time to time, like a sort of flashback to explain what happened, why she left.
    But on the other hand, somehow I sense that Melina is a different kind of person, not one to look back after she´s gone; she wants new challenges and not to repeat herself and a feeling inside tells me that we´ll soon see Melina in a new show or film or whatever :thumbsup:.

We still don´t know exactly why she opted out instead of signing a new contract, I don´t think that money was the most important reason; like I said in the "Melina leaves...." thread, I think she wasn´t really happy anymore with the quality of the show and that there wasn´t really any progress in Stella´s character.
    Maybe I´m alone here with my opinion, but in quite many episodes of last season I felt Stella was just there to be there, because she´s in the cast, but otherwise it must have felt for Melina like "what the heck am I doing here?"
    And superb episodes like "Criminal Justice", "Death House" and "Rest in Peace, Marina Garito" couldn´t really compensate this lack of general quality, it wasn´t just Stella´s part, the whole season wasn´t too entertaining IMO.

A year ago I would have been devestated if Melina had left, I was always scared she could be the one to get shot in the cliffhanger-shootout, but now, strangely enough I feel a certain relief for her; I think she chose the right moment to leave. And though it looks like if it has been a rather spontaneous decision, I think that Melina actually had made up her mind already a while ago, for me Sela Ward is evidence for this theory, since she´s obviously a popular actress in the USA, CBS couldn´t just call her up and ask her to come over to CSI:NY; they must have known they´d need a replacement and therefore contacted Sela early enough to ask her to play in the show.

The greatest pity is that there won´t be a Goodbye-Stella-episode, and I´m sure this is also Melina´s greatest regret that she cannot make Stella leave in a proper way, but is just gone. I suppose they´ll make another time gap in the premiere with flashbacks of how the Shane Casey D/L-case was resolved and then it´s suddenly six months later and they´ll talk maybe about Stella and what happened, etc..

I hope Melina will soon explain everything, especially why she chose to make this sharp, clear cut without a return in the premiere of S7. And still I think this was also her decision, not CBS´s, I´m sure they´d have reached out their hands to her with a contract for the first one or two episodes, but she even declined that.

Enlighten us one day, Melina, that´s the only thing I ask from you!

Maybe it´s narrow-minded to say that I probably won´t continue watching CSI:NY, despite the praise for Sela Ward, and though maybe the show will improve again. But I mainly watched it because of this wonderful character Stella Bonasera, it was her performance that made me aware of the show, she made the difference to other crime shows, mainly to the other CSIs. But now as Melina moves on, I rather want to move with her and see what she´s up to next, because I sense whatever she´s going to do, it will be brilliant :).

Hugs to you all

7. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I have to say I feel the reason Melina left...not because of the pay cut rumors that have been floating around... but that she saw the direction the show has been taking. I would want to leave a show on a semi-high note as well, rather than go down with the ship as it slowly sinks to the depths.
    And I have truly have to say, I love CSI NY, but the second half of season six has been a mess, to put it nicely. Unless they shake up things for season 7, it will only be more of the same. Maybe she'll explain one day...but I have a feeling this will be the last season of CSI NY.

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Nut, my beloved NUt ! i wish i could meet you under happier circumstances. I understand now there is no way out and we won't have Stella Bonasera anymore. I guess i was in denial because you, of all people in this world, know how i feel about Stella. I guess i just needed you putting things straight. I just want now new stories for my fav show. And I still want a good explanation and maybe an open storyline and a romance with Stella offscreen. Even if we never watch it, it would be a nice gift for those Smackies who faithfully followed the show all these years. I do know we deserve it.
    I won't blame Melina if it was her decition in teh same way i won't blame our people for the writing. You can't always be a winner and maybe she got a better offer from somewhere. I still wish her the best, my admiration won't change even tough it hurts a lot :'(
    It's too fresh yet to decide if i will watch or not. If the story is open and he is not written anymore with new girlfriends and if he remembers Stella in flashbacks and if at the end of times he goes in search of Stella (even if Melina doesn't come back). I would be open to watch, after all it's my only fav show. It's the show i chose. Usually it takes me several years to pick a new show. I only regret because they never had a chance onscreen. I wish so much to remember a kiss!
    I do like Sela. She will be a rich addition to the show. She is a great actress and i liked her since i watched Sisters years ago (I think that was the best adaptation of a Louisa May Alcott's character) It will be interesting to have her around.
    I just wish we had Stella back just for a minute :'(
    Anyway, i will do my best. I still want Robert talking in French and Adam's storyline :)
    I hope you will be back time to time NUT. I now you are very busy. I just don't want to loose all my dear people at once

9. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Dearest LAMM,

It´s so very understandable that you were in shock and denial; at first when I read the news I didn´t even realize that it said that Melina won´t even come back for the premiere of S7, but has left the show with the ending of S6. I had to read it twice, and for me that´s the really sad thing that Stella Bonasera has just gone without a proper goodbye-episode.
    The only reason for me to watch the S7 premiere is to see how they will explain her departure, I´m curious about it and hope they will talk a lot about her. They could write lovely scenes like e.g. Mac talking with Stella on the phone and asking her how she is, how her new job is, etc., and he´s passing on her regards to the rest of the team, something like that, it would be nice.
    I hope they will mention her from time to time, so we´ll know she´s still in touch with the team and especially still friends with Mac. But my guess is, this will perhaps happen in the first few episodes, but then they will move on and Stella is just a relict of the past :(.
    I understand that it´s particularly hard for you Smackies that Stella is gone now and Smacked will never happen. It must be especially hard, because not long ago Pam Veasey brought hope to you when she said in an interview that she doesn´t completely exclude the possibility that it could ever happen. But now....., and I don´t really think they will ever put Mac together with Stella in a sort of off-screen relationship- well, anyway, not as long as Peyton is back again.
    Maybe they would have done it if had they known long before that Melina will leave after S6, say, if she would have told them at the beginning of S6 that she won´t stay after that season. Then they might have written the scripts differently and would have put Mac and Stella together at the end, and then Stella would have left to wherever she had decided to go, explaining that it´s better not to have a romance and work together, so she chose to look for a job elsewhere.
    I wonder if they tried to convince Melina to stay with promises of great Stella-stories- if so, then they failed miserably :D. But still I´m sure it was a very hard and difficult decision for Melina to leave, I imagine she must have thought it over and over again, because leaving without having told Stella´s complete story must have been very painful for her, therefore it was definitely not a lighthearted departure, not to mention leaving her home from home, her collegues who have become friends and the whole team and studio. I bet quite the one or other tear was shed.....

I wish Sela Ward all the best, too, maybe she can really bring in fresh wind and new inspiration to the show, as many here seem to believe, since she will play a completely different character; she won´t replace Stella, because that´s impossible, but she will give the show her own note.
    Though I hope that her arrival won´t make people forget Stella too quickly and move on to business as usual.
    CBS are very clever indeed: before the fans could even properly begin to mourn Melina´s departure, they already presented the popular Sela as replacement to calm the people down.
    Sarcastically speaking this could even be a finger point at Melina, like they were showing her "look, you wanted to leave, but don´t think we´ll miss you for long, the gap is already filled again". Maybe I´m unfair, but we know that this is also a tough business with no place for sentiments.

Well, Lamm, maybe you´re right and we should give NY another chance just for the sake of the other characters like Adam who I love and hope he´ll eventually get great stories, like Sid, Flack, Sheldon- not necessarily the notorious D+L :devil:.
    So maybe I´ll watch the one or other episode from time to time, either I´ll witness that the show recovers and finds its old strength and quality, or I´ll witness its complete downfall. It doesn´t really matter, because I´ve found comfort in "The Closer" which IMO has overtaken NY by far as the best crime show of all.

Anyway, but I´m still not leaving the forum, as long as you and other Stellarinas still keep coming, it´s worth to stay here and maybe we can share great moments and memories of our good old, one and only Stella :lol:.

So see you hopefully soon :)

10. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Ninja0980---> I really agree with you, I guess Melina left the sinking ship before it could drown her, and meanwhile it was confirmed that these pay cut rumours were all false.

11. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Peyton is back? I thought "Point of View" was the only episode she would be back in. :eek:

I wondered mid-season if either GS or MK were going to leave because of Second Chances and Death House (and The Formula). Those episodes all suggested that they could already be a couple.
    Never give up hope though, right? ;)

That would be absolutely not surprising :D I doubt she would have believed a word.

Or maybe not because when she decided she was at the point where she'd been through all of her emotions and drawing a line was the only possibility left and thus happened without any regrets.

I don't think they were clever because there are a lot of people who were upset over the quick replacement of MK. They felt like CBS didn't try hard enough to keep MK.
    I don't think the network goes into negotiations without a possible backup in case things go wrong and no one knows when the decision was made or when the negotiations reached the point of no return and they continued to negotiate but also looked for a replacement because it seemed like they couldn't convince MK to stay.
    The quick replacement seemed as if they didn't care whether MK was leaving or not. It's not just on this board that people reacted upset about it.

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Nut, beloved Nut, yes, it was hard to understand and to belive on this. But if she remain in people's mind maybe Melina will realize she misses all of us, the show, her colleagues and her fans.
    I depend on that, beloved Nut, to think she will be back at some point. And I am a Smackie but i am a Stella fan and that make it harder this but i will try to give all chances i could as long both sides, specially Melina, give us a chance for those viewers who are truly hopeless and very sad out there. I know life must go on, heck! i have been fan of other shows too. I do understand most of times is "business" but if they could have understand what it means for people! Anyway, i will keep my hope. I don't quit to the idea Stella Bonasera will be back at some point and we will have a explanation to all this.

many hugs my dearest NUT

the Lamm

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think people should respect Melina's decision to leave and not speculate about why she left. The only one who knows that is Melina.

As for the "quick" replacement, we don't know how long the process took. They made the announcements a day apart, but that doesn't mean they made those decisions the same days they were announced. This could have been in the works for months and they only now could announce it.

They begin shooting in less than two weeks, so it makes a lot of sense they'd have a replacement in place.

14. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

One can still speculate and respect her decision.
    I completely respect her decision, she obviously needed to draw a line and since I've been at this point earlier this year myself, I can understand the need to do so.
    However, I can still wonder about CBS and what has gone on behind the scenes that has driven her to make that decision. After all, they wanted her to sign for just another season.
    She seems to be someone who is very dedicated to her job, loved her character and the people she worked with, so to not sign for one more season... and not even be back for one episode... that must be more than on the grounds of something simple.

The statement given by CBS and her didn't say much, except that it spoke volumes that it wasn't saying anything.

So, it's natural for people to speculate and wanting to know. Maybe some people also need to know in order to understand better. Get some closure the character, at this point, doesn't seem to get.

15. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

If that is the case it must have been recent because I saw her on a talk show promoting "Rest in Peace Maria" and she was all excited about hanging upside down in the car crash scene.
    AUSIELLO:
    This explanation does not necessarily suggest there was a pay raise or a pay cut just a "new deal". A deal in which Melina apparently was not satisfied with.

Agreed.

AUSIELLO:CBS spokesperson
    Which IMHO leaves the door open for the future if she changes her mind which indeed has been done with characters on both CSI and Miami :thumbsup:

Cant you find something to do?:rolleyes: