Stargate

Yeah- juding by the teasers I saw for next week, that's going to be the assumption. I guess that's an interesting way to resolve an episode. They've certainly never done it like that before on previous Stargate series, so it's cool that they're really trying to think outside the box on this series.

OK, so they just had the "fall finale" (I love this term- cracks me up!) and wow- great ending!

I think people are still of mixed minds on this new SG show, but I for one am really liking it so far. I never really know what's going to happen, and I really like that sort of unpredictability. And now I'm really looking to the first show in the new year.

For me it's still the show that ...something happens but nothing happens. I am somehow annoyed with the slow changes. I know, I know - it's something. Are they going to have full season of "we just drift and don't know how to fix this?"

It's a fair statement, Ducky. And as a discerning SG fan, you're allowed to want more. ;)

By the way, did you make it through all your DVD's yet?

It's a fair statement, Ducky. And as a discerning SG fan, you're allowed to want more. ;)

By the way, did you make it through all your DVD's yet?

All my friends agree with this statement "stuff happens but nothing happens" Which leads me to think too much with reality "well they sure have taken lots of condoms with 'em" :lol:

Heh, but I do think Robert Carlyle is a kickass ;)

Nope, I am at season 4 - since my bf wished we watch those together.. which means I cannot take those here north but whole box is at homehome - will watch more during the Christmas :D

I like to watch those episodes with subtitles and oh my god those have given us so much laugh! I think it's 3rd person now and earlier ones didn't translate "chevron" and it made sense, but this one has and it just sounds stupid... and another one was iris, which was first just iiris (that actually is a perfect fun) but this lady obviously wanted to give it a TOTALLY finnish name.. which is stupid. And she didn't even translate O'Neill's "Oh crap" in a good way, had to use a word that kids would use :lol:

Anyways, those are really great seasons - except I am annoyed when we start watching, bf says "Oh, this is this episode..." [but I can say that when we watch CSI NY :p I got him addicted to that]. Just the whole thing is perfect with Sg-1. The episodes, the cast and their chemistry and writing and lines just in general.

And because I've watched those (and MacGyver) I've just been crying seeing RDA in SGU :lol: (well, not working can do that to you)

I know, RDA isn't quite in the hot shape he was back in the day. I always had such a crush on him... sigh. Even so, he's still a handsome older guy. I'd probably still swoon a little bit if I saw him in person. ;)

I'm still not into SGU very much, because it seems to get a bit stagnant. Having them in the dark, eerie spaceship most of the time makes me claustrophobic.

So, apparently I'm the only one who actually likes this show. I guess the Stargate thread is going to fade into non-existence again... :lol:

well, I hope there will be some news on the Stargate movies soon. But I could talk your ear off by going through each of the episodes of the 10 SG-1 seasons!

I like SGU, but I only am watching it for mostly just one character now. I don't know if its the last time we will see Rush either. I'm guessing he might be a bad guy down the road which sucks, because call me crazy I actually liked the character. :shifty: Now how exactly are they going to figure out the ship Rush was the one that knew the most about it, apparantly Young forgot that little fact. :rolleyes:

Oh, I think Rush will be back, and in the not too distant future, either. And he is a cool character. Robert Carlyle has done a stellar job with him so far. Sometimes he seems good, but then...? He's probably a fun character to play, too. He's such an enigma.

^I'm hoping he is back before long to myself. Rush and Eli are my two favorites and the characters I watch the show for. I honestly have to say I think some of the past episodes were kind of boring, but it got better as the show went on. You would be suprised how many people on Hulu say they hate the show because its boring and nothing happens. In some episodes I understand that, but every one? Sometimes I wonder if we are all watching the same show.

Yeah, I wonder that myself sometimes. I think the problem is the old shows had action action action all the time, imbedded within the storylines. This one is trying for a little more drama, and I think the fans of the older format are balking at this adjustment. And I mean, fair enough- when most people think SG, they have a certain image of how it's done.

I, for one, love when they switch things up a little, and I think they're doing a decent job with the writing, quite frankly. I think those uber fans who are complaining on their blogs or whatever just analyze the crap out of everything- how can anything be enjoyable after being decontructed that much? Jeeze kids, it's TV not Tolstoy! :lol:

Yeah I like the drama stuff as long as it doesn't go over board into soap opera drama I'm fine and happy. So whats been your favorite episode of SGU so far? Mine is probably Time followed closely by Justice.

I'm liking SGU as well. I like that it's more character based than SG-1 or Atlantis.

I'm pretty sure Rush will be back it's the how that will be interesting.

I do hope we get another SG-1 movie and an Atlantis movie. I miss those guys....yes even McKay

Back