Stargate

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, Mar 30, 2005.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Hmmm, that's a hard call. I definitely like the first couple of episodes a lot, and I liked the one where the kino keeps showing people getting killed on that planet... sorry, I never remember the names of episodes! :lol: I liked the last one too, where Rush gets left behind.

2. 915

915 CSI Level One

^The one with the planet is Time that was by far my favorite even if it was really sad. I'm glad the episodes are only one word easier for me to remember. Although I can probably name all of the Atlantis episodes and I memorized a few of them. Call me crazy but when Young knocked Rush out and left him there I was ticked! I really do not like Young that much. :shifty:

I'm hoping for an Atlantis movie soon I miss the SGA gang. :( Season 5 was my favorite, but it was bitter sweet because I knew it was the last season. :(

3. BabaOReilly

I think that's sort of why I like this show. The good guys aren't all good, the bad guys aren't always all bad (maybe?) and the rest are just a mystery. I'm sort of enjoying seeing the various sides of these people emerge.

Like yourself, I really like Eli too. I like Young and I like the blonde medic chick that he had an affair with; I like Rush because he's so hard to figure out; I like that sort of cranky/sort of badass military guy who was sort of in jail before all this went down. And I like the main military guy who seems to be next in line under Young- he seems to be the closest to an old-style Stargate type character, in a way, so that probably helps. Although that could easily change! :lol: And sorry about the lack of names- I'm also terrible with those! :lol: I should have them down by the end of the first season!

I'm not big on that IOA chick. She seems pretty bland so far, even though they gave her some backstory with the trip home via the rocks. I still find her a little 2 dimensional. I guess you could argue that the blonde medic chick is similar in lack of dimensions, but I guess maybe the fact that she's a more sympathetic character plays into me liking her. Oh and Chloe. I don't mind her so far, but I don't love that she's already messing around with that military guy. Hopefully she wises up and goes for Eli... although I actually think he could do better! :lol: He needs someone with a little more personality, methinks... Whatever. Romance is not really my key interest in these shows. As long as it doesn't take the forefront too often, I don't mind it though.

The others remain unknown entities, but I like that secondary scientist guy who plays in a few more scenes than the others so far. Let's hope he doesn't get killed off too soon! ;)

4. 915

915 CSI Level One

I can help with some names I know most of them. I think the scientist that you are thinking of might be Franklin not sure on that one. The guy under Young is Scott I believe that is his last name anyway. Also the military guy who was in trouble at the start of the show is Gere and I probably spelled his name wrong. All of the characters have their interesting points.

Except now the IOA woman and Chloe I really do not like that much. I was kind of rooting for Chloe and Eli being together at the beginning, but I changed my mind as time went on. My like for Chloe kind of went down oddly enough as time went on.

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The new issue of the Stargate magazine features all of the 'Gate Gals! Some nice interviews! you can see them here

6. BabaOReilly

Cool! Thanks so much. I found those emails between Vala and Sam pretty entertaining. I LOVED Vala- she was such a fun character. She really added a new element to seasons 9 and 10.

Looking forward to reading the blurbs on the SGU gals.

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

For those who haven't seen the Stargate SG-1 "Dialing Up - The official guide to seasons 1-5" book, I have the scans here. Nice book, but basically the same as all the official episode guides previously released!

8. BabaOReilly

^^^ Interesting. I'd like to see the season 9 and 10 ones.

Hey, does anyone know which Atlantis episode was the one where they were working with like an alternate universe Rodney Mackay, and he was actually really cool and everyone really liked him? I want to check that one out again, and I can't remember what it was called...

9. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The Season 6-10 book "chevrons locked" is supposed to be coming out later.

I was just watching that SGA episode last night (because it was one with Carter in it). I think it was one with McKay's (and David Hewlett's) sister in it. It was either 4x09 Miller's Crossing or 3x08 McKay & Mrs Miller.

10. BabaOReilly

Just going by titles, I'm guessing it's Miller's Crossing. Thanks! :)

So, you have a bit of a Tapping addiction, do you? :lol:

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Yes. I'm an AmTapp addict, and I make no apologies! ;)

ETA: Oh, and I think the episode you're looking for is McKay & Mrs Miller, not Miller's Crossing.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  12. BabaOReilly

Why thank you. I am going to go watch that again. :)

In other news, I think SGU should be about to start back up, no? I'm waiting to see what happens to the good doctor.

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The new issue of Stargate magazine is out. It included info for all three shows. I've scanned some of the SG1 & SGA items. see them here

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh I love that episode! I've watched it again and again and again.

15. BabaOReilly

Thanks for the articles Kaylyne. I'm keen to see Chris Judge's new show, if it gets aired. I love that stuff. I was also pleased to see Ben Browder, even if the story was actually about Michael Shanks, really. :lol: I wonder if RDA is pretty much retored now, except for the odd guest spot on Sg stuff? I'm guessing he invested his money wisely over the years. ;)