Stargate

Ahhhh. That helps.

But... Then how did they end up there in the first place? Was it just some random accident?

Sorry to be such a pain. I'm really getting into the show (although I'm only partway through season 1) and it's been bugging me. I need a semblence of logic in my sci-fi. :lol:

the Deadales(not sure how to spell that)

It's Daedalus. Which LOGICALLY would be pronounced the way it's spelled. But they say it 'Deadalus'. IMO that's dumb. Meh.

They got to Atlantis b/c Daniel and the super geeks at SGC found an 8 symbol address. Possibility of finding the Ancient city of the gate builders and the Ancients themselves. They had a ZPM to sustain a wormhole to the Pegasus. But it was a one way trip. So when they get to Atlantis the priority is to find a ZPM.

There's more stuff here for all y'all HERE

Um... one last question. A "ZPM" is what exactly?

:lol:

I know, I'm pathetic. ;) I'm assuming it's some sort of extreme power source...

Zero Point Module. Basically, yes, it is an power source. that's how they got to Atlantis basically, however, the ZPM had run outta power so they couldn't get back.

midnightsun said:
the Deadales(not sure how to spell that)

It's Daedalus. Which LOGICALLY would be pronounced the way it's spelled. But they say it 'Deadalus'. IMO that's dumb. Meh.
Heh, I think so too. Kind of like how Goa'uld was inexplicably shortened to 'Ghould', with even Daniel (who you would think would be pretty sensitive to pronunciation) using it.

Spoilers...

Also, about the episode Ripple Effect (the one where all the alternate SG-1's come through the gate), there were actually quite a few deleted scenes that didn't make it into the final episode. If anybody is interested in reading some of those deleted scenes, I found some transcripts here .

IvoryRaven said:
Heh, I think so too. Kind of like how Goa'uld was inexplicably shortened to 'Ghould', with even Daniel (who you would think would be pretty sensitive to pronunciation) using it.

YEAH, that irritates me TOO. Ah, whatever... Guess they're taking 'artistic license' with the English language :rolleyes: In the commentary on 'Sanctuary' for SGA, Torri Higginson does this whole spiel on the pronunciation. *note to PTB: SHE'S RIGHT! But, I digress.

Haven't really kept up w/the new season of SG-1, cos DUDE there's no JACK! :(

:D :D :lol:I now own "Stargate:Atlantis" season one. I've got to be one of the happiest people on the planet, but does anybody else hate :mad: waiting for the endings to more then one part season finals?

So you mean they leave it "hang" so badly and ending we see in next season's premiere? It's bit annoying.

I'm almost thru with SG1 season 7.

Yeah, that REALLY sucks. I have to wait for the s2 DVDs... why can't we catch the sci-fi station? *kicks tv*

Query to those who know more than I: Why don't the ZPMs recharge? I mean we have rechargable batteries, why not the ZPMs? I'm starting to think that the Ancients shouldn't be so revered by the lowly second evolutionary folk.

Oh just wait when you see season2 finale and then you'll be kicking the wall :lol: *shuts her mouth now*

NO DON'T DO THAT TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... you made me sad now :( I read the spoilers and stuff, but not to the point where I know the endings. BaH! I can hardly handle the waiting for Siege III... Gimme something to kick, you owe me :mad: :lol:

:mad: I actually nearly threw my DVD player against the wall when I watched the Segie II. :D Lucky me in about 4 hours I get to see the season final of Atlantis. I'm excited about it, but I'll have to wait till July to see the rest, :( but I'll try to keep myself from puching a hole in the TV. :)Then again I could always rewatch season 1 eps.

:D I recorded Allies, but I can't believe that they want us to wait until :mad: next season for the conculsion. I really want to punch the people who think its a good idea to end a season like that. I mean I don't think I'll make it to next season. :( :(

*punches bag* damn! *kick* friggin! *hithithithithithit*

They make us W-A-I-T..... zoiks.... I could've had a litter of puppies by the time it takes to get from one season to another... and it's so weird how the cable shows are scheduled. Why is that?

I watched LFP all the way to Siege II and threw crap at my TV. I just tortured myself.

What do ya'll think of Teal'c and his 'new' hairdo? It's a little weird for me... *shiffty eyes* And well, you know NOT Teal'c like. Do they do any ribbin of him cos he's got the new style? I don't watch it no more, and well, I don't have that station. Just wondering.

Back