Stargate

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, Mar 30, 2005.

1. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Damn... I haven't seen any of the "new" episodes from season 9 yet. So I only knew the episodes 'till the end of season 8. :(
    But generally one of my favourite episodes is definitely "Window Of Opportunity", because it's so funny :lol: :D

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Alrighty... has anyone seen the two Stargate SG1 movies? Were they any good? I am still bit behind, watching season 8 at the moment.

Anyways, since I've been watching more Atlantis... I heard this season 5 will be their last and they will start some stupid new Atlantis Universe :sad:

Of course so many leaving is bit challenging for the show like Atlantis (if you compare to SG1 where there was very little of changes)

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I saw both the movies and I think that I actually enjoyed Continuum more. Although Arc of Truth wasn't bad or anything. Too late, I developed a thing for Ben Browder! Hah hah. Oh well- I bought seasons 9 and 10 and I thought he (and Claudia Black) were pretty awesome.

I can't believe that, rather than keep Atlantis going (or even bring back Stargate) they'd start a new "Universe" show. That makes no sense to me. Unless they'll have characters from both returning/recurring or something?

4. Ducky

OMG Baba! You are alive!? :eek:

I think Atlantis has bad ratings (despite one canadian kickass actor ;) )and I guess there is a money issue (and strike affected), but how come new show fix that? I don't know... they don't have time to run two shows, so I guess they are bored with Atlantis and need something else to do and end Atlantis. And they say it's not so much of "spin-off" than Atlantis was to SG1.

They need new (read: younger) audience :rolleyes:

Here's one article from GateWorld
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/04/istargate_universei_revealed.shtml

There was interesting remark

"To put it in its simplest terms, if we had ever just done SG-2as a series it would never have worked. It's not the C.S.I. model." -B. Wright

5. BabaOReilly

Hey Ducky... Yes, I'm still alive. I just spend most of my time in General TV and Media these days...

Yeah, I'm not exactly their target demographic- 38 year old Canadian female. And yeah, David Hewson rocks! :lol:
    I hate to say it, but I'm not looking forward to this new Stargate Universe or whatever it's called at all. I liked the Go'auld, the Replikators, and the Ori. I like the Wraith. I was hoping to continue to watch the battle against them, but I guess that's not to be. I'll definitely take a look at this new one, but my hopes are not high, that's for sure. I think I'm going to start watching Farscape from the beginning instead, since I never watched it. :lol:

Coincidentally, Space (the Canadian version of the Sci Fi Channel) just showed Ark of Truth tonight. I recorded it and I'm just about to watch it again. I could use a Ben Browder fix! ;)

6. Ducky

It's Hewlett ;)

All spinoffs what you've seen on tv... I think Atlantis was very very good and the cast has been great as well. I guess I have to test and try but... meh. It doesn't sound good.
    I was watching one Atlantis episode in current season and I wonder why it is always Rodney whose life is in danger? :lol: Of course DH does such agreat job with those eppys

I don't watch scifi so religiously, been only watching Stargates... ohoh Babylon 5 back in the old days! I guess some BSG would work...

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I'd been an occasional viewer of Atlantis, mostly catching the syndicated episodes on weekends..so I rented the first four seasons and caught up.

And recently I've been watching seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 (mostly to see Ben Browder shallow I know) I also purchased one of the movies, Continuum. Enjoyed it very much even though I had never really seen an episode. Hopefully, I'll eventually catch up on SG-1.

8. BabaOReilly

I always screw up Hewlett's last name.

Ben Browder is awesome in the last 2 seasons. He was a great fit after RDA left. There's this good episode where they actually have to go to Atlantis and work with Rodney too, which is pretty hilarious. It was interesting seeing Mitchell and Sheppard interacting together too since they're sort of similar characters- as expected they were both being humerous. There's a great moment, however, when Mitchell is looking at everyone in amazed wonder as he listens to Rodney basically blow off what he just said and go on and on about something. Too funny.

Again, I would hope "SG Universe" would have some appearances by familiar characters, but I don't really have my hopes up.

9. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Is that the episode with the lemon bit?

The first episode with Browder I saw really was "Arthur's Mantle". The part where Mitchell and Carter are pushing each other to see if they're real made me laugh so hard.

I too hope some one from either show makes an appearance in Universe. Apparently it's strictly ship based....which will be different.

10. BabaOReilly

Yeah, that was the one where Sheppard gives Mitchell his secret weapon against Rodney... the dreaded citrus! Too hilarious.

On a side note, I just watched the Atlantis where Teal'c visits Atlantis for the first time to "coach" Ronen on an IOA meeting. Very cool.

I just don't get why they can't stick with a good thing? I find it hard to believe the ratings are that low, and if they are, I'm guessing it's probably on a crappy timeslot on Sci Fi. Stupid networks! I hate to sound like a Goauld/Ori/Wraith, but if I ruled the world... :lol: Hah, that might not be so good for everyone. It'd be both Stargates, Supernatural, and Bones alternating every hour. And a little MacGyver thrown in there to kick it old school! :lol:

11. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I don't know why it's being cancelled. But I guess they wanted to go out strong.....we do get an Atlantis movie....and another SG-1 movie. So it won't be completely bad.

I'm gonna give Universe a tryout though.

I hope they include some past Stargate actors for the occasional appearance.

12. Ducky

It's a good one! :D If I remember right, at the end Ronan says the famous 'indeed' :D

I think one fun thing that has been brought to Atlantis is Rodney's sister because woman who plays it is Hewlett's real sister. Must be fun to be able to pick on each other :p

13. BabaOReilly

Yeah fun to pick on each other... and get PAID for it! :lol: Now that's what I call a good job! :)

14. BabaOReilly

Hey, are we allowed to discuss Atlantis in this thread, or is there some long, lost thread (hah- sort of like Atlantis itself! :lol: ) lurking somewhere? I just watched the newest Stargate and it was awesome. The Duck should like it because there were some hilarious Rodney moments! Plus they showed the preview for next week and Daniel is returning to Atlantis! Yay! :)

15. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

There's a Stargate Atlantis thread here. :) I guess you can post in there, I know nothing about these shows or how many there. :lol: *is confused*