Stargate

First eppy of s2 of Atlantis is great indeed :D
Just wait for the eppy #4 that season. It's so great! :D

oooh, yeah. i just can't wait for this whole story with Ford, y'know? Also, i can't wait for that new guy to come along to the team.

there's a stargate thread? o_O why havent i noticed that before. xD
grew up with stargate, hehe. saw every episode from the beginning, and i'm starting with some of the dvds again (4th season s great ;) ).
and after i met michael shanks once :eek: stargate's still...wuii. great!!

I'm only on season 1 of Atlantis- limited cable! Grrrr... Gotta talk to my landlord about getting the Space channel. :lol:

I may have already posted this on here... I can't remember. Anyway, I was talking to a production manager a couple weeks back and I said I liked the show and she seemed surprised! Heh heh. Then I said I really liked the main guy, and she seemed even more surprised. So I said, "Oh, is he a jerk? Gimme the dirt!" And she laughed and said, "He's not a jerk, he's just very... L.A." Hee hee. I told her I just really liked his dialogue. He always makes me laugh, sort of like Richard Dean Anderson. Then she said the Scottish doctor guy and the science guy- David Hewlett I think?- are both super nice guys and everybody really likes them. :)

:D I just recently starting wacthing SGA and SG1, and I absolutly love them both. I do like SGA a bit better then SG1, but considering the fact I started watching in like season 9 what do you expect? Anyway I do prefere SGA over SG1. I had check out some SG1 season 1 and 2 DVDs from my library so I could get a little more knowledge of the charectors. I really wish the library around here would get some SGA DVDs, so I could catch up on it.

Baba: Anyway, I was talking to a production manager a couple weeks back and I said I liked the show and she seemed surprised! Heh heh. Then I said I really liked the main guy, and she seemed even more surprised. So I said, "Oh, is he a jerk? Gimme the dirt!" And she laughed and said, "He's not a jerk, he's just very... L.A." Hee hee. I told her I just really liked his dialogue. He always makes me laugh, sort of like Richard Dean Anderson. Then she said the Scottish doctor guy and the science guy- David Hewlett I think?- are both super nice guys and everybody really likes them.

Joe Flanigan? Yeah, on the DVD Rainbow(FORD) said he was always on the phone making a deal or reading NY Times/Wallstreet Journal.

Well, being cable-less for like 15 years there was absolutely NO SG in this house, & I never bothered to buy the DVDs, but I did Atlantis cos I saw The Storm & the TBC KILLED me so I went out and bought it, and COMPLETELY loved it, snarcastic McKay :lol:, loveable Carson ;), cutiepie Ford :eek:... Uh, yeah there was a point to this, but it got lost... so... [/ramble]

Um, how many more months til s2 is on DVD? soooo impatient.

:D I'm actually starting to record SGA episodes, out of order of course. I've manged to succesfully record a grand total of two episodes. I think I should put my fav charctors, because I only recently looked at this thread, besides my earlier post, anyway. To explain why I like SGA better, I think it has more funny moments. Evey episode of SGA so far I've found at least one thing to laugh at in each one. :lol:

:) Here are my fave charctors:

SG1:Daniel, Michelle (I think thats his name)
SGA:Sheppard, Mckay, Beckett

Hi! love Stargate!
I'm spoilers free but there is one thing that I would like to know,
Will Jonas Quinn come back?!
I miss him sooo much!

Unfortunatly, i doubt the wonderful Jonas will come back. Very sad thing. He was so cute as well. :D Although, he was a little cliche how he was always sticking with Teal'c as if they had something in common other than the fact that they were both aliens struggling to be accepted by the rest of the team.
My opinion, tho.

:( ... ben zut!!
thanks...
Jonas was my favourite character... he was soo funny, clever, cute , kind, athlétic... easy to love!
I think there were a lot of potential with his character...
Nirty told him he could be an "octar"!!!
It would have been great to watch him being a villain with super power :D and kick O'Neil 's ass :D :devil: (I love O'Neil too!!! ) (so I will try to find a good fanfiction)

I think season 9 has lost some of the magic SG-1 once had, probably cuz RDA is now missing. I'm really missing Vala as well, when she first arrived i didn't like her very much but the chemistry between her and Daniel was so great she brought the much needed comedy value.

I think SGA is so much better than SG1 @ the mo. Doc Becket and Rodney are just so great in it.

Well, Teal'c has hair now too. I'm sure that didn't help. But w/out RDA it's just not the same :( *tear*

SGA on the other hand is just plain funny. Well, IE: in 'Rising' when Sumner & Co. first meet Halling and Sumner just kinda raises his P-90 when he stands up, frackin' funny and Shep's: 'I don't know what that means.' (reminds me of Brennan)

Can someone quickly explain to me why the SGA folks can't take the stargate back to earth? I missed that part in the premiere episode and I've always been wondering why they can't go back.

It takes a great deal of power to establish enough power to connect a wormhole that spans the distance between the two wormholes as far part as the one on Earth and one on Atlantis as they are in different galaxies. They do have a ZPM now, but they only have one, so while they can travel through the gate back to Earth, they can't use it to come back...at least not without taking the ZPM with them...and I don't think Rodney likes them to connect and disconnet the ZPM to much.

Long story short - they can go back, but because it would take them so long to get back to the Atlantis (via the Deadales(not sure how to spell that) they don't go that often...

Hope that helps...

Back