Spoilers on Future Episodes--You have been warned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spoilers on future episodes

Sorry, typo on the walking-in-with-Flack, not Danny, bit. My mistake.

ALl the various speculations going around I think are all feasible... so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'll be thrilled if Danny and Lindsay get together, but that's just me. I'm a shipper and a sap for this stuff, what can I say.

^Definitely, to each their own, and I'm hoping it will be done better than I'm fearing it will turn out. I enjoy seeing characters get together, too, but I like it to be as natural as possible.

^Agreed, if it's going to be done, it's gotta be done well. That's why I'm liking the way that the writers seem to be bringing in the Danny/Lindsay line -- it's been slowly developing all season, instead of being tossed in at some random point in time (ie Time Of Your Death, CSI, RE: GSR). Yeah it's a bit more juvenile than one would expect adults to act, but at the same time, it's new and exciting, and speaking from a girl's point of view, yeah you tend to get a bit stupid and giddy... I think Lindsay's got this kind of split thinking going on between being happy that Danny's got a crush on her, but at the same time, being a bit apprehensive (hence not questioning Hammerback further about the issue).

I will admit, I won't be too impressed if they end up sleeping together... I'd much rather just have them have some wicked kiss and then leave it at that for next season and develop it from there. Again, if it's going to be done, I'd rather it done right and realistic.

Is it a for sure Danny and Lindsay are going to hook up? Is it just a rumour or is it really going to happen?

Carmine Giovinazzo mentioned something in his interview, but we don't know what, exactly - well, unless there's been a big spoiler for this somewhere that I've missed (which is entirely possible...)

Something is going to happen, but yeah, the hint was very vague.

cyko1003 said:
I will admit, I won't be too impressed if they end up sleeping together... I'd much rather just have them have some wicked kiss and then leave it at that for next season and develop it from there. Again, if it's going to be done, I'd rather it done right and realistic.

I guess my concerns are about how cliche the whole thing is going to turn out to be. Are they going to sleep together and then just not talk about it? Please tell me NY will do better, but based on the way this whole thing has evolved, I'm not overly confident. I'll reserve judgement and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I read that but with the CSI franchises I don't believe everything I read in interviews. They hint towards something and then the next season they forget about it.

When Carmine said "something happens to open the relationship a lot more" makes me wonder if he just admits he was worried about her or something will ACTUALLY happen.

Wow! My first post ...

My personal opinion on Danny Lindsay and what may happen is that they won't do anything major, like kiss or make love. I think they will just comfort each other, maybe hug, etc. I don't see anything more happening. The writers in general for all three shows have been fairly slow moving with character relationships, I don't see them pushing Danny and Lindsay into bed right away. As for whether this is a good thing, the potential D/L coupling, I would honestly have to see it first. I watch HOUSE, and I couldn't wait to see the House character and Sela Ward's character hook up - when they did, it turned out to be rather blah. So, for me, I have a wait/see attitude.

The way I'm looking at it, the ship won't survive long. If they decide to have all this "omg! i luv you11!" stuff after the bombing, I'm going to flip. I'm going to flip even more if Danny and Lindsay are making moves while Danny's best friend is close to death in the hospital.

I'm just saying they should be doing something else to get these two together. The whole relationship seems so forced and I think the season finale will just seal the deal. And by season three, they better have things figured out what they want to do with these two because it's really getting under my skin. Personally? With the season winding down, I think they should leave ships alone and focus more on the character's emotional status.

It's true that it's not for sure that Danny and Lindsay are going to get together... I'm thinking that if (hopefully) they do, it'll just be kissy and that's it (and I'll swoon, haha). I know there's concern as to whether or not there'll be moves being made after the friend's injury, but if they leave the hookup til the end of the episode once they already know taht the friend will be okay (it's been alluded to that he is going to survive, apparently the only deaths are going to be on Miami), so if it occurs AFTER that then it won't be so political.

I've been pondering on the subject quite a bit... it IS possible to make main character relationships work.. I'm just thinkign, I know it's not the same scope of show, but if you look at Friends when it was on a few years ago, just beacuse two of the main characters were involved (be it Ross/Rachel or Monica/Chandler) they didn't have a romantic line EVERY episode... every few it'd be there, but there were plenty of episodes where it wasn't even mentioned. The audience knew it was there, but it wasn't shoved into your face every single episode. So I'm thinking that if CSINY were to do the same sort of thing... like still have episodes that revolve solely around the cases and don't pay attention to the characters as much, as all 3 shows have done along the way, it really would work out fine in my opinion.

And who knows, it may not even happen. I think in general all 3 CSIs are introducing some romantic lines... I think HoCaine has one coming up or has had one in the process... I'm not a Miami fan so I don't know for sure... CSI is playing with it too on a few fronts, the Sara/Grissom thing (which is just weird, IMO), and the Catherine/Warrick thing, so we'll see if anything happens here. It really is very much a wait-and-see situation.

cyko1003 said:
It's true that it's not for sure that Danny and Lindsay are going to get together... I'm thinking that if (hopefully) they do, it'll just be kissy and that's it (and I'll swoon, haha). I know there's concern as to whether or not there'll be moves being made after the friend's injury, but if they leave the hookup til the end of the episode once they already know taht the friend will be okay (it's been alluded to that he is going to survive, apparently the only deaths are going to be on Miami), so if it occurs AFTER that then it won't be so political.

It isn't simply his best friend being blown up and possibly out of the woods by episodes end, it that event coming on the heels of his brother's coma, another friend being beaten and terrorized, and the expected death of another very close friend so there will always be a cloud hanging over any possible season ending hook-up. Danny doesn't work that way, he has had emotional pressure building for a few weeks now so even if Flack is fine by episodes end it does not mean Danny will be on steady footing emotionally, and in fact, the converse is true if the writers stay true to character. I think the writers need to sit down figure out how they are going to fix the Lindsay problem before they throw her into an unpopular relationship. People aren't complaining because of the possibility of a Danny/Lindsay relationship, it is in fact a myriad of other problems people have where Lindsay is concerned. It really is better if they tread lightly with this one.

I've been pondering on the subject quite a bit... it IS possible to make main character relationships work.. I'm just thinkign, I know it's not the same scope of show, but if you look at Friends when it was on a few years ago, just beacuse two of the main characters were involved (be it Ross/Rachel or Monica/Chandler) they didn't have a romantic line EVERY episode... every few it'd be there, but there were plenty of episodes where it wasn't even mentioned. The audience knew it was there, but it wasn't shoved into your face every single episode. So I'm thinking that if CSINY were to do the same sort of thing... like still have episodes that revolve solely around the cases and don't pay attention to the characters as much, as all 3 shows have done along the way, it really would work out fine in my opinion.

And who knows, it may not even happen. I think in general all 3 CSIs are introducing some romantic lines... I think HoCaine has one coming up or has had one in the process... I'm not a Miami fan so I don't know for sure... CSI is playing with it too on a few fronts, the Sara/Grissom thing (which is just weird, IMO), and the Catherine/Warrick thing, so we'll see if anything happens here. It really is very much a wait-and-see situation.

The difference is that NY is a crime show, Friends was a light-hearted comedy about a group of people, and the focus was their lives, so it makes sense that romantic entanglements should come up frequently, that is not the case with NY. As far as the Ross/Rachel relationship that pretty much dominated the show from the moment they first got together until the end, so much so that the other romantic relationships took a back seat and even without direct mentioned it shadowed every episode. I guess for some it is a wait and see what happens, for me it is a wait and see how horribly wrong it will go and how uninteresting it prove to the average viewer especially once you factor in the offensive lack of chemistry.

Ali

Sadly, in TV shows, when you play up the sexual tension, it gets viewers. It's also true that when two characters get together, it often kills it. Mulder and Scully being the prime example. They sizzled for years, but when they got together, it ruined it. It's currently going on with Miami - there's been nothing but criticism over Horatio/Marisol, or in LV, Warrick/Tina. Fans just don't usually like canon relationships popping up in shows. They prefer things to be hinted at, left unsaid. They like the chemistry, not the result.

I fear if they do make Danny/Lindsey canon, the show is going to lose something, and may not get it back. I'd prefer it if they went back to focusing on cases.

If Danny and Lindsay do hook up by the end of this season, I will be terribly disappointed.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I think they look cute together and I really have no qualms about them in a relationship, but I think if this happened, it'd be a little too fast. With Danny an emotional wreck and Lindsay probably traumatized with the bombing...I just think it's not a good basis to start some romantic/sexual thing. Maybe they could give a sort of "strong but gentle" support to each other. That'd probably bring their friendship to a different level (maybe they'd loosen up to each other a little), and then we'll see how they (and TPTB) will take it from there.

Just my two cents' worth. :)

I agree. I would like the DL ship to remain anchored in fanfiction. Not that I'm adverse to having a little fluff on a CSI show, but because I agree with a lot that's been said already; the tension between D and L is forced, and 'Lindsay' just isn't believable in the way she's played or the lines she's given. I've liked the GSR in Vegas, but that's partly because its been played out as a very vague story arch over such a long period, and for me, I've never been entirely certain of what Grissom does feel about Sara. But Lindsay is too new a character, and the writers haven't done a good enough job of establishing her as a character yet ( I say yet rather tentatively, as I don't think it will happen) to make something happen with Danny.

I'm all for the Danny/Lindsay 'ship, although I agree with those of you who want more focus on characters rather than a 'ship extravaganza for the end of the season. If the writers decide to hijack the D/L 'ship, I will incredibly disappointed, because I don't want to see their relationship used as a silly plot stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back