Spoilers on Future Episodes--You have been warned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spoilers on future episodes

tuesdaymorning said:
And the promo pics, mostly the one with them around the table, you never know what can happen after they leave.

I personally think, from the angle of the group shot .. they'll just pan out and that'll be the end of the episode.

ETA: But then we wouldn't have the situation with Flack, so I might be wrong then.

The Futon Critic has more info on the Season Finale
Heh. I was just thinking about the fact that Flack isn't a CSI, but maybe they were hoping we'd be surprised about who gets hurt--that's really the only thing that they've bothered to keep secret for the end of the season; too bad we already know who it is. :rolleyes:

The Mac flashback situation is a tricky one to execute--making Danny look 15 years younger is bad enough, but to make Mac look 23 years younger? That's potentially problematic.

As for the whole 'will Lindsay use Aiden's death as an excuse to get closer to him'--I don't think that's likely. I'm not sure where that idea came from, or who started it, but I'm inclined to doubt that Lindsay would do that. I mean, as much as I dislike the character personally, the writers are presenting her as a sweet, caring, sympathetic girl and I can't imagine that she'd go "ooh, Danny's vulnerable--SCORE!!" :rolleyes: In my opinion, it's possible that something happens between them, but not because she's manipulating him--what I mean is that I could see her trying to comfort him because she cares about him. I'd imagine that his reaction could go one of two ways: either he'll be so agitated over Aiden's death that he'll totally brush her off, or he'll act more like he did at the end of "RSRD." *shrug* We'll have to wait and see for sure. Either way, I think Lindsay will act in a way that is consistent with the character so far, and using Aiden's death to further a romantic relationship with Danny just doesn't fit.

BTW StarGirl11, TPTB stands for "The Powers That Be" meaning writers, producers, etc... :D

Faylinn said:
The Futon Critic has more info on the Season Finale
The Mac flashback situation is a tricky one to execute--making Danny look 15 years younger is bad enough, but to make Mac look 23 years younger? That's potentially problematic.

How old is Gary's son? Didn't he play a younger Gary in a movie once?

^According to IMDB, Mac Sinise was born in 1990. He played the young Spencer Olham in Impostor.

Carrieattheprom said:
tuesdaymorning said:
If killing Aiden brings Danny and Lindsay together in that romantic thing the writers were putting up in the air, then I'm so done with this show. So done.

Don't care if Eddie and Carmine are lovely to look at. I'm done.

Killing off Aiden would be a cheap and sick way to bring Danny and Lindsay together even if I *did* buy that ship.

Agreed. I don't like to 'ship on shows like this, even though they keep ramming this 'thing' tween Danny and Lindsay down our pants. (And...not that I don't think Carmine is cute, cause I do...)

...but using the death of a former CSI on the team to bring them together is just SORRY . With a capital S! Surely the writers have more imagination than that... and more tact. :rolleyes:

I never liked Aiden...but if I was an actor, I'd want my character to go out in some cool way...eve if it was getting burnt unrecognizable.

I hope the writers have something better than what we are all expecting for us for this episode...

I don't think Lindsay would take advantage of Danny, but look what Danny's gone through/will have gone through in the episodes leading up to something happening between him and Lindsay:

--his brother is critically injured

--one of his close friends/former colleagues is murdered

--his best friend is seriously hurt in a bombing

How is there any way for Danny not to be totally vulnerable and broken down by the finale? If he's not, the writing is totally inconsistent with his character (there is no way Danny can deal with that many tragedies and not be affected--not the Danny we know).

So even if Lindsay isn't taking advantage of him per se (and I really don't believe she'd do that, though it would be kind of a risky/interesting move if she did do it that way), I think that there's no denying that Danny is going to be emotionally fragile and probably not in the best place to go into a romantic relationship.

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Curious how they're calling the person wounded in the finale a CSI, but I guess if they said detective it wouldn't be much of a mystery as to who gets hurt.

OK, yeah I’ll admit that I’m a shipper when it comes to Danny and Lindsay… I’m a total suck for relationships in general. What can I say.

But for the finale, if Danny’s in an intense emotional state and probably will be quite shaken up, I can see him turning to Lindsay for support more than anything else. I wouldn’t be surprised if maybe something happens because Danny’s just looking for something a bit more … what’s the word, feel-good? Perhaps something escape-like? I’m not sure what the right phrase is, but I don’t foresee Lindsay taking advantage of Danny if he’s in said situation. I *can* see her being there for him as a friend, because that’s definitely been the case throughout the season so far… and honestly, that *is* what friends do for each other anyway.

I won’t be upset if Danny and Lindsay get together though, I’m a terrible shipper when it comes to these two… though if they screw it up, I’m going to be thoroughly upset. So if they’re going to go down this road (which Carmine alluded to in his interview), I’d much rather they do it in a much more realistic and believable way.

No matter how the suspected Danny and Lindsay hook up goes in the final episode there will be an air of distaste. Danny’s brother is in the hospital, his colleague and friend has just been murdered, and his closest friend is going to suffer from a terrible and possibly life-threatening injuries. Explain how the man is not emotionally vulnerable and once you factor in that this is Danny, who is childlike in so many ways, what you have is a relationship born of misplaced emotions. I hope the writers watched themselves on this one and delayed the throat shoving relationship until next season, because if they don’t it will never have a air of legitimacy and how exactly if Lindsay responds in the affirmative or makes the move herself can it be construed as anything other than taking advantage of an emotionally vulnerable and confused man. Perhaps, this was the writers intent all along, to ratchet up the drama by adding a relationship conceived in a moment of pain, because let’s be honest it will be overrun by issues, guilt, doubt, and would inevitably fail because it wasn’t brought together in a moment of joy, peace, or with a clear head, but one where half the couple is not thinking clearly because his heart and soul have taken a beating..

Ali

Top41 said:
Curious how they're calling the person wounded in the finale a CSI, but I guess if they said detective it wouldn't be much of a mystery as to who gets hurt.

Well, from the promos, Lindsay is wounded .. so maybe they're trying to be sneaky.

I had a thought about the D/L Relationship that might make it a bit less "Danny's Vunerable"-ish -- what if their hookup is BEFORE they find Aiden? Then it woudln't be as odd, esp since in "Stealing Home" and "All Access" they didn't even mention Louie, so I'm assuming that he's doing fine. If they get together before they find out about Aiden (and Flack?) then it wouldn't be as "distasteful", though I still wouldn't be against something vunerable-ish coming out of it if it were to take place afterwards either.

Just a thought!

That was my assumption based on the pictures in the picture thread. You see Danny and Lindsay (presumably) walk in, then the next pic is just her with a bloody head wound and Flack is nowhere to be found, so that was the assumption I was making.

^The hook-up, or whatever it will be, will happen after Aiden's murder. And Lindsay is walking into the building with Flack, not Danny.

JDonne said:
No matter how the suspected Danny and Lindsay hook up goes in the final episode there will be an air of distaste. Danny’s brother is in the hospital, his colleague and friend has just been murdered, and his closest friend is going to suffer from a terrible and possibly life-threatening injuries. Explain how the man is not emotionally vulnerable and once you factor in that this is Danny, who is childlike in so many ways, what you have is a relationship born of misplaced emotions. I hope the writers watched themselves on this one and delayed the throat shoving relationship until next season, because if they don’t it will never have a air of legitimacy and how exactly if Lindsay responds in the affirmative or makes the move herself can it be construed as anything other than taking advantage of an emotionally vulnerable and confused man. Perhaps, this was the writers intent all along, to ratchet up the drama by adding a relationship conceived in a moment of pain, because let’s be honest it will be overrun by issues, guilt, doubt, and would inevitably fail because it wasn’t brought together in a moment of joy, peace, or with a clear head, but one where half the couple is not thinking clearly because his heart and soul have taken a beating..

Ali

This is pretty much how I look at it. I doubt the writers are going to actually deal with the fact that the relationship is coming out of a series of (not even just one, but three!) emotional traumas for one of the characters, but I think it's pretty well impossible to ignore knowing what Danny has been through in the last few episodes leading up to this.

I see that Lindsay is in the bombing, which is bound to shake her up and then there was the whole Montana murder victim issue in the last episode.

My guess is that they'll sleep together in the finale and we'll be treated to a whole season of morning after 'what was I thinking' awkwardness between the two in season 3. Predictable, cliched and uninspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back