Spoilers in the Big Apple - Season 3 Spoilers Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only case involves a suspicious death, and the method is very similar to an illusionist trick (is that how you say it? ). The team has to figure out if a famous illusionist, who is doing some sort of big stunt on tv, is involved.

Is this the episode with Chris Angel? I read somewhere he was going to be guest starring in CSI:NY and performing 3 new illusions.

detectdevotion said:
I agree -- what is the point of having a D/A scene if Danny runs off to Montana so soon afterward?

I'm wondering they're going to go for the triangle angle once Danny and Lindsay get back to NY? Who knows--this whole thing is so damn soapy as it is. :lol:

I'm shocked that the writers would go so far as to have Danny go out there to be with her, and I hope that Mac isn't a happy duck about it. This is truly soap-opera fluff, which is part of why I get so sick of hearing about it. Which yes, is my fault for reading this thread, but I don't watch the show for Danny, or D/L -- I watch it for the collection of all the characters.

I'm getting pretty sick of it myself. I like that NY is more about the characters than the other CSI shows, but this seems to be the downside of it. :p This soapy, cliched romance has somehow become front and center in the show. It's a pity it isn't less by-the-book and that the actors lack chemistry, because otherwise it could be interesting.

If they want to throw Danny's credibility and character to the wind, sending him out to Montana is the perfect way for the writers to do it. Not to mention that, once again, they've ruined a good opportunity to develop Linday's character as her own, independent person by once again forcing the D/L issue to the forefront of the show.

Lindsay isn't a character in her own right--she's a love interest who just happens to be a regular character on the show. And I agree with you about undermining Danny's character--making him look like a weak doormat is the worst thing about this pairing.

I still don't understand. If it is in his character, then why is everybodoy so concerned. I think they still focus on the characters because they haven't had Danny and Lindsey in the same case for a while.

And in case you hadn't notice I do ship Danny/Lindsey.

^ It doesn't sound stupid :p, I've been here for more than six months and I still don't know where they find those wonderful spoilers :lol:, believe me these guys are awsome and don't worry about the sources, you can trust them :D

Thanks again guys, you do a great job!!! :D

BTW, do you know anything else about Reed's case? :confused:

CalleighWolfe said:
I've been here for more than six months and I still don't know where they find those wonderful spoilers :lol:, believe me these guys are awsome and don't worry about the sources, you can trust them :D

Thanks again guys, you do a great job!!! :D

Hehe, thanks. :) And you're welcome.

La_Guera said:
Flack is, ostensibly, Danny's best friend, but the last image with which we are left of him in S2 is him leaving Flack's bedside to...drive Lindsay home. What? Was there a cabbie strike? ...... There was no reasonable explanation for Danny's seemingly callous behavior
I believe Danny and Flack are friends, but I never heard anything that confirmed that they were best friends. When someone close to you is in the hospital it's much wiser to take turns visiting/waiting/hoping; so since Mac and Stella were already staying there the rest could go home and try to get some rest. Mac and Stella would have called if Flack's situation had changed.
(btw, I left out a part of your post because I don't like it when people make fun of diseases :( and I didn't want it to be on here twice)

Is this the episode with Chris Angel? I read somewhere he was going to be guest starring in CSI:NY and performing 3 new illusions.
Could very well be shaofu since the main case is about an illusionist. I have never heard of him though. Is it a famous magician/illusionist?

I believe Danny and Flack are friends, but I never heard anything that confirmed that they were best friends.
Perhaps the term 'best friends' has never been specifically stated on the show, but they are clearly better friends than any other pair of people on the show, with the notable exception of Mac and Stella. Danny and Hawkes are friends, as we've seen in several episodes this season, but the Danny-Flack friendship has been established since the very beginning of season one. While they might not wax poetic about being bestest buds forever, the friendship comes through onscreen. Hence La Guera's use of the term 'ostensibly.'

Hmm, that's very possible. I guess we'll hear something soon if that's the case. :) I don't know much about him myself.

Seriously though, I have to say that I'm not at peace with this taste lately.
You win for making me think of Vicaro. :lol: Good old season 1. :p *hands you cookies*

I have a feeling that being the D/L fan that I am I should probably not hang out in here
Well, everyone is welcome in here, but we're not holding back when it comes to our dissatisfaction with spoilers. :p

Love the title!
Thanks, kissmesweet. ;)

(btw, I left out a part of your post because I don't like it when people make fun of diseases and I didn't want it to be on here twice

Who the hell was making fun of a disease? It was sarcasm directed at the lame contrivance to get Lindsay and Danny to pair off in that scene. For the love of screaming sodding Pete...

That was the point, Fay. Damn, I wish Vicaro would come back and spice things up a little bit.
Yeah, no kidding. Cayenne, paprika, ginger--they need to add something. It's like they just keep adding salt to try to give the show flavor, and salt only does so much...

Dear God, I'm sitting here making food analogies. :rolleyes:

When have you ever held back, Fay?
Well, that's easy, I held back when...uh...well, I'm sure there was a time. :eek:

Like when Danny and Flack tell you to shut up? No wait. YOu don't even then.

Hey! Can I get translations on those food analogies you're making?... I haven't took Fay Speak yet.

The thing with the food analogy is basically this: there are a lot of original, interesting, dynamic ways of giving the show a little bit of oomph. Those could be the spices. Salt, meanwhile, is the same old thing that everybody's got on their table--the same old ideas that every show uses. You can put some salt on your food to give it flavor, but salt is just salt. Adding the same old cliches to a show might make it a bit more appealing, or add a bit of drama, but where is the real zing? Meanwhile, if you add a pinch of this, a dash of that, pretty soon you'll have something that's much more palatable, and a hell of a lot more interesting to watch.

How's that? ;)

And no, even Danny and Flack couldn't shut me up. :D Well, I take that back. If they're together, I can think of a few ways...:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back