Spoilers For Season 3-You've Been Warned!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Could be, but then she jokes around with Sid too so who knows? I'd love to see Flack get some lovin' though.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I seriously wouldn't worry so much about these spoilers. Stella's new possible love interest could be dropped by the time things actually come together later in the season. I doubt it would be Flack. The younger man/older woman thing rarely happens on TV--well, I guess Danny and Lindsay are an exception, but she's only a few years older than he is.

As for Danny and Lindsay, I kinda feel bad for the people who like them. I could be wrong, but every spoiler sounds like "oooh, something will happen between them" and then it turns out to be nothing (like in CotP) or something bad, like she turns him down. Mid-season she'll probably decide she's ready to take a chance on the romance, and then he'll turn her town. I have a feeling they'll be jerking people around for years on this one.

I like the idea of Mac and Peyton more and more. I like the spoilers for the seventh ep--it sounds like they're going to be finding interesting ways to use their relationship within the context of the stories.

3. feenx

feenx Coroner

It was his first day she was just playing around with him. Just like Danny did with Lindsay.
    Sid does have a crush on her :lol: Flack? You never know.

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'm at the point where I believe spoilers are only a way of getting the fans all worked up. After all, TPTB hold all the cards. The more enticing they make it sound, the more people talk about the show and the more likely they are to tune into it.

I agree with Top. I believe TPTB are gonna tease people with Danny/Lindsay for years. What makes for a better show? Hooking people up from the beginning or having sexual tension between them for years? I'm going with the 2nd option.

Mac and Peyton will probably be the only romance this season and maybe she'll stick around longer than TPTB originally intended.

You're right feenx, Sid does have a little crush on Stella. It's cute but that won't go anywhere either. Stella and Flack or Stella and Hawkes won't happen either. When did co-workers being there for each other or joking around with each other turn into a romance?

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough what's going down. I can't wait for that.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been watching TV Guide channel and they are doing a fall preview thing, they did a blurb on CSINY and Gary Sinise said (paraphrasing)"we ended last season with a big bang, one of our team was hurt, and we'll deal with that a bit this season." I was hoping they weren't going to just put Flack back to work like the bombing never happened. I mean, come on! That was a BIG deal!!! The season 3 spoiler pics sure have him looking GOOD! But then he's my favorite character so I would say that!!!

6. feenx

feenx Coroner

erm.... ER.

7. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Hmmm, really? I mean you really think TPTB will be jerking people around with D/L for more seasons? (Now I gotta admit, I'm an avid D/L shipper in case ya couldn't tell! ;) But I'll play nice! :lol: ) I actually think that of the two ships we've got that look ready to sail for this show...I think Danny and Linds are the more likely to actually get together. Because they are secondary characters...secondary to Mac and Stella's leads and almost always when there is a primary couple with sparks (Mac and Stella) and a secondary couple with sparks (Danny and Linds) the primary couple is kept apart forever (first because of Frankie...and now Peyton) while the secondary couple gets together right away.
    So I think (and yes, hope!) that Danny and Linds will not be jerked around forever...with the will-they-won't-they stuff. I mean I don't think it'll happen in the first ep, maybe not even in the first half the season...but I think by the end of the season, they will be together, yeah. :D

Just my friendly two cents! :lol:

8. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

MORIEL21 - i totally love your banner!!! lol did you make it yourself??

im with you on the whole jerking danny n lindsey relationship around. i think that something will definately happen this season between them... its jus gonna get soo hot between them that i dont think they are gonna be able to control themselves! :)

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Nah, IMO, Danny/Lindsay won't be together by the end of the season. I know TPTB said something happens in the middle of the season, but that could be anything. It could be a hook up or it could be a turn down. Isn't she supposed to turn him down in the 4th episode? Who knows, maybe she changes her mind later one but maybe he changes his mind too.

When TPTB make a couple canon (especially 2 main cast members) early on, it usually takes away from the show because that becomes the focus of the show. TPTB have way too much fun teasing people for a while instead of satisfying them.

While I've never seen chemistry between them so far, they're gonna have to do a lot to convince me that it's there. Yes, I am a D/F shipper but I wasn't until after the season was over. I'd never been in the NY threads prior to the season finale. I watched NY all last season and I never noticed any chemistry or anything between Danny/Lindsay and I had no reason not to except the fact that I never saw it. Actually it never even crossed my mind TPTB were forcing a romance between them. I thought it was odd that they were pushed together in at least one scene every episode and thought some of the jokes between them were kinda lame (Super Men for example) and that Hammerback's statement about Danny's crush made me think 'What is he talking about?'

So, it had nothing to do with D/F. I just didn't see it. I still think the main focus is gonna be on Mac this year (at least as long as Peyton's there) and not D/L, but that's just me.

I just don't get into ships between main characters going canon. I'm just happy that I can enjoy my ship, Danny/Flack, and know that they will never happen on the show.

10. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I've always believed that we will be thinking: Will they? Won't they? with Danny and Lindsay, and then one day, not this season, but much later, we'll see them cohabitating or something. Just a theory, and it would fit with their habit of largely keeping personal life away from the main stories. I mean, Mac and Peyton have apparently been in a relationship for awhile.

My two cents on Stella? I think it would be a HOOT if something happened with Her and Hammerbeck ... How unexpected! Something minor, funny, like maybe she gets toasted and kisses him at a work party and is MORTIFIED about it. I love Hammerbeck, so any story with him would make me happy.

11. ka990

ka990 Police Officer

12. ka990

ka990 Police Officer

Sorry - I've just realised it isn't clear my post above is asking Orison for info - sorry for any confusion! :confused:

13. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Lol, thanks chelliyah! I put the pics and stuff together...but the MC idea was all Audacity's and the inspiration also came from Radical...so yeah I had some help! :lol: It's fun though huh!
    And I agree with what you said about D/L too! :D I think things between them will heat up to the point where they just can't resist it anymore! :devil: :lol:
    Seriously CSIM? I mean I'm sorry but I think the chemistry between these two is really fairly obvious! Being a D/L shipper, I know I'm a bit biased, but when I first watched the show I had no clue who D/L was or that they were being "pushed together" as you said and I totally felt they were meant for each other. And I started watching half way thru the season, then as a Smacked fan only...and at that point it was very very clear to me that D/L had obvious chemistry. So yeah...that's my take on it :D

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Wow, when did the spoiler thread turn into shipper discussion? :lol: But I guess I'll chime in. ;)

Stella/somebody: That could be nice, but only if done correctly. And I hope, like someone already said, that it will happen in the distant future rather than soon. :) But I personally think the idea of Stella/Hammerback is hilarious. :lol:

Danny/Lindsay: You know, I don't think I can really support the ship at this point, so I like the idea of them not making it canon. However, if I didn't like the constant 'ooh, lookit them fuh-lirting!!1!' stuff last season, why on earth would I want them to continue to do it this season? :rolleyes: People who like D/L are more than welcome to ship them to their hearts' content, don't get me wrong, but here's my take on it: a couple doesn't have to be canon for it to take away from the show.

I do find it very interesting that you didn't see anything between those two before you even visited this forum or started to ship characters on NY, Rhonda...

I like Danny/Flack. I see 'obvious chemistry' between them--and I know that not everybody else does. So I know it's possible for some people to look at a pairing differently than I do, or to see something between characters that I myself fail to recognize. That doesn't make them wrong--but nor does it make me wrong not to see it. It's just my opinion. And my opinion is: if they want to put Danny-the-double-D-boobs-of-the-show with someone in a romantic context to titillate the audience, etc, they should wait until the right character comes along to do so rather than trying to make something work that has been so iffy from the beginning.

Now, away from the shipper stuff, because there's a whole forum for that, and there's even a thread to debate the merits of various ships against one another. ;)

Now that the season is almost on us (does a little happy dance :lol:), I'm curious if there have been any new spoilers floating around for later episodes. I find that I'm curious about Lindsay's 'dark secret' *cue horror music* in spite of myself, and I'm wondering what it will relate to. Are we really going to have to wait until halfway through the season to get a clue? *sigh* :rolleyes:

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Well guys, I'm not explaining myself anymore. None of us are right or wrong. It's just our opinions. Who can fault us for that. :confused:

IMO, I do see obvious chemistry between Danny/Flack. :p It's so obvious to me but that's just me.

Anyway, on to better things.

Audrina, I have to agree with you. Stella and Hammerback would be a hoot. :eek:

Orison, got anymore juicy spoilers or have we scared you away with our rants? :rolleyes: