Spoilers For Season 3-You've Been Warned!

Sez said:
Is it just me thinking that putting about 'a dark and devestating secret' on Lindsay's bio probably wasn't a very smart move by someone?

*shrugs* They probably decided that hinting at something would make the character more 'appealing' to the viewers.

*shrugs* They probably decided that hinting at something would make the character more 'appealing' to the viewers.

She'd be most appealing to me if she fell into a thresher combine, but this is because I don't think new characters were needed after S1.

^^^ oh wow..that umm comment..wow wasnt very nice..umm wow

i think them added new characters is good, but maybe this new character is a bit much, for cryin out loud its hard to keep track of all the M.E.'s [it literally took me over 6 months to get them striaght]. I think Lindsay should have been the line, i mean i can understand why they needed Hammerback, but they should have stopped there..gosh!
allie

EllaJ said:
I was thinking maybe she had killed someone when she was a teenager but I guess that would make it impossible to become a CSI. It would be more interesting than to make her the victim. They don't need to make all three of the main famale cast be victims

She could have killed someone and still became a CSI. Horatio supposedly killed someone once and he's still a CSI and a cop.

La Guera, I so like your way of thinking. :devil: Way to go. :p

Her secret? She's leaving to go back to Montana to finish the rest of her CSI years there. Ehh. I wish. Still not warming up to her character.

Seriously? This secret thing does not interest me at all. We all know that Stella has history that needs to be revealed and I'm more interested in that. Why? Because as mentioned, Lindsay's secret will most likely have her be the victim and blah blah, we've heard storylines like this before.

CSI:NY, step away from that. Seriously.

pizzapie said:
Well, it looks like later she does talk with the mother.

Maybe she's had an experience where she has told the mother, and got assaulted or something.

Ok, the image of Lindsay being beat down by an irate mother is probably the funniest thing I've heard all day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think much of a CSI who can't do his/her job professionally. I thought Danny was an ass in "The Dove Commission" because he let a personal issue get in the way of handling a case, and these spoilers pretty much make Lindsay sound the same way. I gotta wonder if the writers are even bothering to try to make her character likable.

But yay for Hammerback being back! :D :D :D

I kinda wish she'd suck it up, too, but if she felt her past might cause problems, it's better that she have Danny handle it than screw up the meeting and possibly compromise the case.

If I remember correctly she kind of sucks it up in the end because as Danny's about to go talk to the mother again she does it instead of him.

She does suck it up, but isn't it professional to keep yourself out of situation where you possibly could lose it? Her stepping off could be more professional than staying on.

Ok, so I've read the interview with Zuiker that our lurvely Top did, and it's very interesting.

The thing that sort of stuck out to me about the discussion of Lindsay is that they're apparently going to tell us her 'dark secret' *cue horror music* in the 12th episode...so they're going to have this be a major thing for half of the season?! Because you know these writers, they can't just give little hints here and there, they've got to lay it on thick in case you've forgotten something. :rolleyes: (And the spoilers we've talked about in this thread for the earliest episodes indicate that Lindsay and/or Danny and Lindsay will be front-and-center from the very beginning.)

From what we've seen so far, it's turning out to be a Mac and Lindsay-centered season. Mac I can understand since he's the main character (and hello, it's Gary Sinise), but why Lindsay? Why not concentrate on Stella or Hawkes or Flack, who have been there longer and who we still know next-to-nothing about? I know this 'dark secret' thing (*horror music*) is interesting and whatever, but since when did they decide that half of the season (or more) should be defined by Lindsay's 'secret'? (You know, the 'dark and devastating' one. *horror music*) I can handle backing down on the Danny time, and I'm sure a bunch of fans (including some of the biggest Danny-fans we have here on Talk) would be thrilled with that, but to switch to Lindsay? And if Lindsay's character is going to be all about the drama this season (which I'm still iffy about considering the lack of cohesion and consistency for the character last season), then Danny is going to be right there and all about the drama as well because clearly this show is all about the fricking romance. Please, let Mac get his groove on and leave Danny and Lindsay to find themselves individually before they try to do anything together (or not, which is my preference). Having a Danny/Lindsay relationship right now is just asking for a whole lot of that d-r-a-m-a. It'll probably be full of angsting and fighting and can-they-even-do-their-jobs-right? :rolleyes: No thanks, writers, I'd rather leave that stuff to the imagination.

/rant

And no, I don't just bitch about Lindsay because I'm totally against her or something. I'm genuinely hoping that the writers portray the character in a way that I'll like this season, because God knows I'd rather like everyone on the show instead of dread having one of them show up on screen. It just pisses me off that, with all of the characters on the show, she'd get serious storyline-attention before a more established character like Stella. Or, you know, Flack, the guy who nearly died in the last episode. That might be worth revisiting. :rolleyes:

audrina said:
I would just like to add that I really hope Lindsay's not a victim - that tangent is overdone. Is it too much to hope that one CSI female hasn't been raped or abused?

Yeah, then character storylines will be the same old crap if the characters fall vics to something. It no longer becomes interesting, fans are gonna start turning on to the show. Something new, please!

It just pisses me off that, with all of the characters on the show, she'd get serious storyline-attention before a more established character like Stella. Or, you know, Flack, the guy who nearly died in the last episode. That might be worth revisiting.

I was even expecting the after effects on Flack for the next season, but did the writers try anything on that? Noo... they have to bring on the drama. Oh, please, I get enough soap-opera like drama from wrestling. So, whatever your drama is, Linny, save it. I want deeper storylines for Flack or Hawkes.

Uhmm... so they're going to build this "secret" thing very slowly throughout the first half of the season and then have it explode for what, February sweeps? As a Danny fan I should probably be happy because if the two of them are supposed to be an item this season and she gets more screen time then he gets screen time but still, I'm not sure I like it.

I don't have -anything- against Lindsay but please don't focus too much on her. She's still the newbie after all.

26 days, to be exact ;) I'm really intrigued to see where they take this, and the interview with Anthony Zuiker makes me even more interested. It sounds like they may have learned a few lessons from last season and will be giving the stories a lot more thought this time around.

Back