Spoilers For Season 3-You've Been Warned!

Springmoon said:
It sounds like they may have learned a few lessons from last season and will be giving the stories a lot more thought this time around.

That's the point I was about to quote but you beat me to it! ;) It was great to hear something like that from the man behind it all.

Orison said:
Okay, so episode #5 is called "Oedipus Hex" and here's a few highlights:

And of course D/L... She tells Danny that she's not good with mothers (aka. notifying the death of a daughter), that she can give bad news to fathers all day long but can't face mothers so she asks him to take this one. Danny, concerned, complies and get slapped by the distraught mother. ;)

Lindsay has scenes with the mother as well, and it looks like she's trying to hold strong but is close to breaking down. Could this be a hint about her past we were hoping for?

i am still trying to catch up on a weeks worth of posting, so if this is a repeat, please bare with me. do you think her big secret could be that maybe her sister died, and it was one of those things where she should have been watching her but didnt and her mom blames her for it. she said she isnt good with moms and she had such a strong reaction to the mirmaid girl's death last season. maybe it was more than just relating to another small town girl. Just a possability to throw out there! ;)

Finally read the Zuiker interview--sounds like he's really vested in promoting Lindsay as a viable character. Glad he's going to do more with Mac, too, but as a Flack-fan, I feel cheated that once again he's being kept in the background.

I'm thinking that Lindsay's deep, dark secret may be that she had previously lost a child and the reason she has problems with the mothers instead of the fathers is because she was once one of the "mothers" who had to be told the bad news.

This is just me speculating. Since Lindsay takes herself off a case dealing with the murder of three kids, I'm thinking this may be the reason.

I'm only half-way through the interview, but had to comment.... Oedipus Hex involves the Suicide Girls!

I hope they do more justice to them than they did to Roller Derby. I played flat track derby until I got hurt, but am still involved in the league... and I know that they are super careful about how they are portrayed. They weren't terribly happy with Jam-alot, but at least it featured banked-track derby girls (we're flat- track snobbs, sorry!) so our rep is still intact.

I have several friends involved with suicide girls, so I hope the show does them justice! I hate when tv portrays something way off base, mainstreams it, and then ruins it!

Ok, just finished: I have to say I am totally optimistic about the show now! It seems Anthony thinks it'll be a great season, and he convinced me as well! I'm going in with an optimistic pov. So what if they screw up the D/L thing, or have Mac involved with someone else.... I think it's gonna be a great season! :)

Yes, I think it sounds like Anthony/writers are giving some of the storylines this season an awful lot of thought, and I'm optimistic about it. And glad to see he acknowledged that they made some mistakes in the past, including making both Hawkes/Lindsay the "newbies" in the field at the same time (so of course one of them ends up being ignored - poor Hawkes). Hmmm, does Anthony read our comments on this board? Seems to me some of us were just discussing that fairly recently :lol: Seriously though, just the fact that he even admit that he thinks they made some mistakes in the past couple of seasons, makes me think that they're going to try and make up for it, this season. He did say that season 2 was a time when they were mainly trying to "fix" things. I've got pretty high hopes for S3. *crossing fingers*

^Can you guys please refrain from naming spoiler sources in here? The more often you do that, the quicker those sources will dry up. Thanks.

kkennedytx said:
Finally read the Zuiker interview--sounds like he's really vested in promoting Lindsay as a viable character.

I really hope he and the writers can make her likable this season. The dark secret thing is going to be a big arc, and frankly I hope Anna's acting is up to snuff this season, because it could be interesting. I am glad it's Mac involved with the plotline and not Danny--I wonder if they will drop the romance between the two after all after she pushes him away. At any rate, it will be good to see Lindsay as something other than the new girl who always flirts with/interacts with Danny. If they do want to develop her as a character, the best thing they can do is shove the romance in the background for now. Having a character defined primarily by his/her relationship to another character is pretty weak.

I'm warming to the idea of Mac and Peyton, but I've never been a fan of the Mac/Stella pairing. They're great friends, but they don't generate a lot of energy together, and half of the time I feel like she's asking him how he's doing and he's sighing dramatically or trying to act stoic. Claire Forlani is a dynamic actress and I think she'll be great in the role.

I didn't get the sense that there will be a lot of development for Flack and Hawkes--at least it wasn't mentioned specifically. That's kind of a shame, given that will mean Hawkes has been robbed twice now.

I can't figure out the quote function, so here are my responses for Top41's post. Sorry, I'm a doofus!!

1. I haven't seen overt flirting from Lindsay, except for Cool Hunter perhaps. I do agree that it should be kept in the background, however. This is still a crime show, and that's how I feel for any pairing. I'm glad to see some Mac/Lindsay interaction - I think they do well playing off each other, and honestly I also want to see Lindsay as a separate character away from Danny as well as with him.

2. "half of the time I feel like she's asking him how he's doing and he's sighing dramatically or trying to act stoic" This made me chuckle. :D

3. The only thing that gives me hope with Hawkes is that Zuiker recognized that they screwed up, so perhaps they're planning to rectify that.

I'm glad Lindsay's story arc is with Mac, too; I agree, they play well off eachother.

I'm guessing that we'll still see some interesting things for Hawkes & Flack, but the very few spoilers Zuiker addressed just happened to be ones that include Mac/Lindsay, primarily. I read at an earlier date that Stella still has problems with what happened to Frankie, so I'm guessing there are some major things in the works for her, too. I have a feeling also that we'll see Flack struggling with what happened to him throughout the season, that was too important a storyline to blantantly ignore. And if they give Mac a nemesis (I'm really excited about that one), then I have a feeling Flack in particular, being the cop, will be at Mac's side for a good portion of that.

MBGrissom said:
And if they give Mac a nemesis (I'm really excited about that one), then I have a feeling Flack in particular, being the cop, will be at Mac's side for a good portion of that.

I'm kinda surprised no one commented about this because I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it happen.

Also about Flack, in the final scene of episode #5 we see him playing basket with a bunch of kids, and I'm looking forward to that too. You know, Flack + basketball = YUM! :lol:

:eek: being a Danny/Flack shipper and everything...maybe we'll see Danny there too...as they're meant to play hoops together ;)
either way Flack + basketball is indeed YUM.

Back