Spoilers For Season 3-You've Been Warned!

La_Guera said:
Was it S2 that Stella asked him why he was still wearing his wedding band?

He *did* mention a date in "Jamalot".

IIRC, it was near the end of S1 when Stella asked about Mac still wearing his wedding band.

Now, let's put this entire Mac/ME romance thing together.

Mac was originally supposed to be dating Jane Parsons at the end of season 1. At least, that was what Zuiker mentioned back then. Now that Sonya Walger isn't always there, they decided to introduce a new British character to get it on with Mac. I hope she has the chemistry with him like Jane did, because it might be a dissapointment. I would have liked Mac and Jane together.

I don't mind Mac in a relationship at all. We all know it's not going to be forever, and it will just be a way for his character to grow. To see if he can enter a serious relationship. What I appreciate is that they said: 'She stays if the fans like her'. We hardly hear this. I am glad that the writers consider hearing our opinion (I say consider, because they can still do whatever they want).

Now that Claire plays a completely different character than intended, maybe this new female detective is still there. Just like Carmine was rumored to play Flack, but that information just got mixed up.

Anyway, I am very curious about this season and I can't wait to see what this ME is like. Her name is Driscoll, it reminds me of that 'not-so-nice-woman' from 24. I'm not sure why we need another ME though. I like Hammerbeck so much! Though the show lacks some female touch. (yes, me as a man thinks that, lol).

Wow, that article was very interesting. Hmm, so now Mac has been dating this ME for awhile. Cool. It will be interesting to see the interaction on camera, esp now that they are working together.

EDIT: I hope that Claire and Gary have great chemistry together on screen, because the writers or TPTB haven't been doing very well in that department lately, danny *cough* & lindsay. anyway, I hope for the best and look forward to seeing the two of them onscreen!

Well, I think this could certainly be interesting, at least. I like that they've given a lot of thought to the how and the why of their relationship, and also that we might see some interesting moments with Mac trying to deal with dating someone he works with.

I hope this means we'll get some good interaction between Driscoll and Hawkes. :)

Maybe it's strange, but finding out that the relationship has been going on is a bit of a relief. It also makes more sense if the relationship is going to be initially confined to only a few episodes (it isn't rushed, it's just the first that we've seen of it). I kind of hate that they're suddenly doing the "guess what, Mac was dating somebody all along" thing, as Ceindreadh mentioned, but hopefully this is a sign that it won't be a prominent part of the show...

And I'm so very glad that they are going to acknowledge the events of "CoTP" with Flack--even if we don't get very much of it, it's good to know that the writers are obviously planning on including it in S3. :D

Interesting that they're giving Mac and Claire Forlani's character a backstory, rather than having this be a new romance. That approach didn't really occur to me simply because we've never seen her before. So Mac's been hiding a girlfriend for a while, huh? Interesting.

I've gotta second Thumpy's comment. Hopefully TPTB know what the hell they're doing with this relationship. Two chemistry-less relationships just wouldn't bode well for the show. But Gary and Claire are both great actors, so hopefully they're great together.

Just in case anybody wants to know, if you go to Claire Forlani at IMDB.com you will see that she is listed as Dr. Peyton Drisoll and you can see some of the guest stars listed for "Hung to Dry " and "People with Money"

vexus said:
Just in case anybody wants to know, if you go to Claire Forlani at IMDB.com you will see that she is listed as Dr. Peyton Drisoll and you can see some of the guest stars listed for "Hung to Dry " and "People with Money"

Which means that the female detective is still open? Or do we have another Summer Hamilton? :)

I'm sure they've cast the female detective by now. We just don't know who she is.

I'll reserve judgment until I see the Mac/Peyton story line. I hope Gary and Claire have better chemistry than Carmine and Anna. Mac has lightened up somewhat, and Claire is a great actress. So I guess we'll see...

NY is getting awfully romance-heavy though. Two pairings? Eh.

Top41 said:
I'm sure they've cast the female detective by now. We just don't know who she is.

I'll reserve judgment until I see the Mac/Peyton story line. I hope Gary and Claire have better chemistry than Carmine and Anna. Mac has lightened up somewhat, and Claire is a great actress. So I guess we'll see...

NY is getting awfully romance-heavy though. Two pairings? Eh.

CSI in general is becoming more romance-centric. All three are doing it - Horatio/Marisol, Eric/Natalia/Ryan, Grissom/Sara, Warrick/Tina, Danny/Lindsay and now Mac/Claire. I'm wondering why, since the formula worked perfectly well up til now. Maybe the CSI teams don't subscribe to the view "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

Wait a minute now when is Hawkes going to get some lovin' :). I don't think its healthy to spend all of your time in the lab, at least have him going to a club or to a house party I mean commmmmeeee onnnnnnnnn!

^ That's a very good question. I would love to see Hawkes get some lovin'. :devil: Give the poor guy something to work with. Develope his character a bit, get him some action -- he deserves it.

Actually, now that I think about it a bit more...maybe if TPTB are going to have a Mac/?? romance, maybe they'll decide that one is enough and tone down whatever they were planning with Danny/Lindsay. (hey, a girl can dream <g>)

The romance on NY still isn't that big, people.
The only one that has someone is Mac, just like it was Stella last season.
And Danny/Lindsay will just talk about their chemistry. Nothing is set to happen. They'll probably still be as flirty like last season.

Besides, I don't mind seeing romance on CSI, as long as its not too heavily there. Every tv show needs romance, so CSI: NY as well.

audrina said:
I'm a bit annoyed that they're brining on Forlani's character ... I feel like they have enough as it is, including a hilarious Hammerbeck as ME. Nothing against the actress, I just don't think they need anyone new. I actually have less of a problem with the Angell detective, because Flack can't do it all, and since it sounds like Kelly Hu won't be back, might as well bring in another pinch hitter. But another ME? *Sigh*

See? That's why I love the LV show. They have a more stable cast. No new characters here and there, no new actors here and there too. And their characters are actually developing storylines! Not only one, unlike in NY, but it's like a cycle thing. Everyone gets a spot on the show.

Okay, I'm definitely intrigued by this new... development, curious to see Mac involved in a relationship.

Back