**Spoiler Lab** Season 7 - Get Your Daily Fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for sure, would like to see someone who's not Horatio be the hero of the episode. Ryan is far from my favorite character, but I'd still like to see him shine. ;)

Personally seeing someone like Frank be the hero would make me laugh. Or maybe that new lab tech. The 'Super H' is kinda overdone on some occasions.

I, for one, am tired of the "Ryan screwed up" storylines and would love for him to shine as the hero of the day. After all the growing pains Ryan has been through over the past two seasons, I'd like to see him show how much he's learned from those mistakes.

Granted, I still like the light comedy they give him to do ie. Ryan has to do the messy/dirty/disgusting part of processing the crime scene. Jon Togo plays it with such nice comedic iming that I can't get enough of him doing that. He also makes a great foil for Eric and Calleigh and youcan tell the actors like working those sbtle moments.

I, for one, am tired of the "Ryan screwed up" storylines and would love for him to shine as the hero of the day. After all the growing pains Ryan has been through over the past two seasons, I'd like to see him show how much he's learned from those mistakes.

Granted, I still like the light comedy they give him to do ie. Ryan has to do the messy/dirty/disgusting part of processing the crime scene. Jon Togo plays it with such nice comedic iming that I can't get enough of him doing that. He also makes a great foil for Eric and Calleigh and youcan tell the actors like working those sbtle moments.

I think it's great development for a character to screw up. But poor Ryan! People I know are like 'Great, that Ryan guy messed up again' and are starting to dislike him 'cause he seems to do stuff like blurt out something rude on occasion that he doesn't really mean or turn around and just plain screw something up.

Brining back his OCD and being a hero in any episode would make me :)

You couldn't have said it better.

A person screwing up could be pretty interesting for a few episodes since nobody in the lab used to screw up before his arrival in s3.
But hey he's always screwing up whenever they give him a story. I mean he's the only one in the lab who's always in troubles because of his past as a gambler or something like this.
All the members of the team have their problems, but it's impossible that it's alwyas Ryan to have these ridiculous crediblity problems.

I can tell you that everyone in the lab has credibilty problems, but only Ryan is the one who gets in troubles because of them and I really don't get it.

As for Togo, I think he's such a great actor to be able to do all those terrible thing with a smile on his face. Plus I'm glad we have a cheerful actor like him 'cause, along with Emily Procter and Eva La Rue, he's saving this season, IMHO ;).

Last edited:
Sorry about the message up top, my pc's going wild on me.:(

I like Ryan, hes not my favorite but he gives something unique to the show. I like the way he screws up, i mean we need some of that b/c we dont get a lot of it but i do think they should let someone else screw up for a change.:)

As for him punching someone the only explanation i can think of is him protecting Billy, like eveyone here has said but who knows. I cant wait for tomorrow..yey!!;)

It's quite frustating to know that the only way to have a storyline with Ryan is when he's in trouble! The guy wasn't that violent when we met him in the third season...they changed him a lot, I preferred him when he didn't screw everything up...

I have to say that Jonathan Togo is a great actor though, he can do everything and I love Calleigh-Ryan's scenes, they are always funny!:lol:

It's quite frustating to know that the only way to have a storyline with Ryan is when he's in trouble! The guy wasn't that violent when we met him in the third season...they changed him a lot, I preferred him when he didn't screw everything up...

I have to say that Jonathan Togo is a great actor though, he can do everything and I love Calleigh-Ryan's scenes, they are always funny!:lol:
Hopefully the violence will be justified.It is frustrating to only see Ryan storylines that involve him being in trouble,particulary because he was presented so differently to start with.The character has a lot of untapped potential.We still don't know a lot about him,is he still a CSI level I for instance,was there some type of demotion when he was fired?Is this episode Monday a one shot deal,or will this be a continuing storyline?
Will he ever get a hero storyline?

I have to agree that his scenes with Calleigh are generally amusing/humorous but there have been plenty that have been tender.

Remember, the first case he ever had as a CSI was dealing with her dad and his drinking and how that affected her. While she outwardly came across as the typical tough Calleigh, we, the viewers, knew how badly she was hurting. Ryan, who didn't know her for anyone at the time, was firm yet respectful toward her, paying close attention to the evidence and not letting her intimidate him. Maybe it was because his first case involved her and her dad or something else, but he's always seemed to have a gigantic soft spot for her. He's the only one she yells at when he screws up (gambling on county time/losing his job and compromising cases they worked on together/bringing a live blood sample out of the lab instead of just the results on paper, etc.). However, whenever anything happens to her, he expresses his concern clearly. When she got run off the road and into the canal, we all could tell that Eric just wanted to scoop her up and hold her/hug her but didn't because he had to process her Hummer. At the Lab, Ryan expressed tender concern and relief that she was okay. Whenever anything upsetting tends to happen to her (finding out the gun belonged to her ex, Jake/the switched memory card from her camera/findin Solve a Crime with Calleigh website/expressing concern over William's wife bitch slapping her in front of CSI) it's always with Ryan and he's always gentle and tender with her, letting her know that he's there if she needs him, which, he knows she'll never admit to needing anyone.

While nothing between them has ever hinted at romance, IMHO, I love their friendship. It's sweet and tender and very mutually nurturing.

I have to agree that his scenes with Calleigh are generally amusing/humorous but there have been plenty that have been tender.

Remember, the first case he ever had as a CSI was dealing with her dad and his drinking and how that affected her. While she outwardly came across as the typical tough Calleigh, we, the viewers, knew how badly she was hurting. Ryan, who didn't know her for anyone at the time, was firm yet respectful toward her, paying close attention to the evidence and not letting her intimidate him. Maybe it was because his first case involved her and her dad or something else, but he's always seemed to have a gigantic soft spot for her. He's the only one she yells at when he screws up (gambling on county time/losing his job and compromising cases they worked on together/bringing a live blood sample out of the lab instead of just the results on paper, etc.). However, whenever anything happens to her, he expresses his concern clearly. When she got run off the road and into the canal, we all could tell that Eric just wanted to scoop her up and hold her/hug her but didn't because he had to process her Hummer. At the Lab, Ryan expressed tender concern and relief that she was okay. Whenever anything upsetting tends to happen to her (finding out the gun belonged to her ex, Jake/the switched memory card from her camera/findin Solve a Crime with Calleigh website/expressing concern over William's wife bitch slapping her in front of CSI) it's always with Ryan and he's always gentle and tender with her, letting her know that he's there if she needs him, which, he knows she'll never admit to needing anyone.

While nothing between them has ever hinted at romance, IMHO, I love their friendship. It's sweet and tender and very mutually nurturing.
This is exactly why I love their friendship.
Not to mention that we had lots of funny moments with these 2. BTW I'm also sure that this has something to do with the great bonding between Jonathan Togo and Emily Procter.
They can convey with these scenes in a very good way. Plus I just love some of their scenes just 'cause they were funny.
Look at when they discovered someone switched Calleigh's memory card. When he asked whether she took the lens cap off the camera. That was just hilarious, IMHO, and I'm pretty sure we couldn't have had this scene with other actors.

So as you can see Ryan is a good guy and TPTB are able to show him as a good guy. The problem is "do they want to show him as real good guy so that people can trust him?" or "do they want him to screw up everything?"
I really hope he'll finally be a hero 'cause it's time to do so, even for him.

Plus I think it's time to loosen up all this tension among our CSIs 'cause, after all, they're a team and they must be friendly to eachother in order to go on working without problemes.
IMHO there's only one way to get this thing, to show Ryan as a real good guy and to show how his co-workers know this thing.
Even when he was a "hero" (when he helped H with his fake death) Eric didn't trust him and I'm pretty sure he wanted to hang Ryan on a wall :lol:.
There's all this tension around Ryan and I really don't get why. I mean ok he was Speedle's replacement, but gosh Speed died 4 years ago, it's time to forget this thin (not Speedle's death :p).

You know, no one seems to have posted the extended promo on YouTube yet. That's unusual. It's normally up by Friday at the latest. Anyone find it anywhere else?

I havnt been able to find the promo yet. I thought it came on on TV, and i was so excited...but it was just the regular one...and i was disappointed:(

oh, and was tha picture of ryan and calleigh running from fire ever posted on here? i found it a while back, and i think it was on tv.com...and the picture was posted under the wrong episode name...but now i cant find it, and i think it was from 7.14

Last edited:
I havnt been able to find the promo yet. I thought it came on on TV, and i was so excited...but it was just the regular one...and i was disappointed:(

oh, and was tha picture of ryan and calleigh running from fire ever posted on here? i found it a while back, and i think it was on tv.com...and the picture was posted under the wrong episode name...but now i cant find it, and i think it was from 7.14

my cousin that lives in the states says she saw the extended promo in a 'The Mentalist' commercial. She called me. Yippy for her. She caught it on her phone camera (I don't think I said it right)

a new pic? they pulled it back from us? darn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back