**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
For the record, I really don't think Miami has a few more seasons left in it but you never know. But the show is really starting to show its age and I don't know if it can continue to keep up with some of the new blood (new shows) popping up each year that continue to set the bar.

I agree, thinking probably Season 9 might be the last, with Season 10 a distant possibility. :scream:Regarding the 'new blood', if Miami Medical is setting the bar, CSI Miami will have to lower itself to compete with this one. I watched it only to see if Bruckheimer, Littman and Maeda, are rooted. It seem my suspicions were correct. It rode just like CSI Miami, on so many levels. No new blood there.

OMG! I've missing sooo much. I was planning on Jake dying in a fanfiction of mine... but him REALLY dying:eek:, in front of Calleigh..... just proves I can predict the future. Can't believe my fanfiction is coming to life....

Finally march madness is over, and we get episodes soon. I think Spring Break should've aired during the actual spring break:rolleyes:.

No spoiler has said anything about Jake dying in front of Calleigh. There has only been speculation about it because a spoiler said a "major-ish" character is going to die during May sweeps. But that "major-ish" character could very well be Rebecca (whom we've learned is blown up by a bomb in/on her car). She's been recurring for several seasons and was a once romantic love interest for the leading man on the show.

Also, do we know if Jake's episode has been filmed yet? Just wondering if they actually got Johnny on board to return or not. It wasn't listed on his imdb when I looked the other day.

Last edited:
Also, do we know if Jake's episode has been filmed yet? Just wondering if they actually got Johnny on board to return or not. It wasn't listed on his imdb when I looked the other day.
I don't know if the episode has been filmed yet,but you would think the TPTB learned their lesson from the premiere episode. I wouldn't think they would chance writing a character in a story again if they couldn't get the actor.

I don't know if the episode has been filmed yet,but you would think the TPTB learned their lesson from the premiere episode. I wouldn't think they would chance writing a character in a story again if they couldn't get the actor.

If I've learned anything at all about TPTB through the past 7.5 years, it's that they are very slow learners. :(

LOL, I agree that TPTB are slow learners but this particular lesson should have knocked a little sense into their heads,at least in regards to an actors availability.
TPTB would be pretty pathetic if they hadn't learned anything and there was a repeat of the premiere situation.

Also, do we know if Jake's episode has been filmed yet?
I'm pretty sure it already has. Eva said on her message board that they were at the point of only having 3 episodes left to shoot before they go on hiatus, so it sounds like epi 21 (with Jake/Johnny) has already been wrapped up.

I have to be honest. This 'Delko returns to find the culprit' thing is rubbing me the wrong way. Does anyone else think that is worded making Delko sound like he's out for blood or something? Yeesh!

I have to be honest. This 'Delko returns to find the culprit' thing is rubbing me the wrong way. Does anyone else think that is worded making Delko sound like he's out for blood or something? Yeesh!
I've learned to take the wording of CSIM press releases and official sneak-peeks with a huge grain of salt, since they've almost always turned out to be exaggerated. :rolleyes: The CBS episode synopsis and previews for "Delko for the Defense" (#811) made it sound like Eric was going to be pitted against the CSI team and warring with Calleigh. And, as it turned out, nothing could have been further from the truth. TPTB seem to have a penchant for over-hyping things to try and drum up viewer interest. :shifty: I have a feeling that the episode summary for "Meltdown" (#821) will turn out to be similarly overblown.;)

Not just that, but are the Miami-Dade PD so inept that they can't catch a culprit?? After all, they got SUPER H!! :lol:

I really wanted Kyle to be in school but at least we get an explanation.
I hope Kyle will be safe,Horatio doesn't need any more heart break.
Thanks for keeping us informed delkolover.

[
For the record, I really don't think Miami has a few more seasons left in it but you never know. But the show is really starting to show its age and I don't know if it can continue to keep up with some of the new blood (new shows) popping up each year that continue to set the bar.

I agree, thinking probably Season 9 might be the last, with Season 10 a distant possibility. :scream:Regarding the 'new blood', if Miami Medical is setting the bar, CSI Miami will have to lower itself to compete with this one. I watched it only to see if Bruckheimer, Littman and Maeda, are rooted. It seem my suspicions were correct. It rode just like CSI Miami, on so many levels. No new blood there.

Well, is it a symptom(?) of the either franchise or just Miami in your opinion?

I've just checked ratings of the episodes for all the CSIs(they are in Wikipedia). It seems like they all have gone down significantly, not just Miami. CSI LV, for example, went down from as high as 33mln to 15 mln...
So i think people may just get bored with the whole franchise and it's the only natural thing. No need to blame cheesiness, soap opera plots or overdramatic season finales...it would happen anyway, I think.

I've just checked ratings of the episodes for all the CSIs(they are in Wikipedia). It seems like they all have gone down significantly, not just Miami. CSI LV, for example, went down from as high as 33mln to 15 mln...
So i think people may just get bored with the whole franchise and it's the only natural thing. No need to blame cheesiness, soap opera plots or overdramatic season finales...it would happen anyway, I think.

A very valid point, kala79.

However, I can comment from personal experience that the reason ALL of my family and friends have stopped watching CSI Miami, is the E/C storyline and their feeling that the show is no longer a crime drama but a soap opera.

It used to be that CSI Miami was appointment television for all of my immedicate family and most of my friends. We loved watching it together and talking about it. I'm the only one left who watches it and I can only go by what they've told me as the reason they stopped.

I know that CSI and CSI Miami are showing their age (I personally would not include CSI NY in that group). But I saw new life and had real hope with the addition of Jesse and Walter and the lightness, friendship and "team" feeling they injected into the show. That and the chance the Eric and possibly Calleigh were moving on gave me hope that we'd really see them get back to basics as they promised.

With Eric's return it's clear that nothing is going to change and it only serves to flash in neon for the audience that CSI Miami is going to continue to stagnate as it has for the past 4 years.

And sadly it means that a group of very talented, and extremely deserving actors are going continue to be totally wasted.

Personally, I'd like to see Jon, Eva and Rex move on at this point to a project where their talent is recognized and they get a chance to have their moment. It sure ain't happening on CSI Miami and doesn't look like it going to. :(

I've been wishing for a time now that David would move on. 'Cause if he does ... I can! :) Although if things go the way I think they will in season 9, I doubt the show will have a season 10 and so moving on will be taken out of all of our hands.

A very valid point, kala79.

However, I can comment from personal experience that the reason ALL of my family and friends have stopped watching CSI Miami, is the E/C storyline and their feeling that the show is no longer a crime drama but a soap opera.
You see, Delynn, for me EC is the main reason for which I actually got back to watching CSI Miami. I'm also the only one left from the people I know. My husband stopped watching because Horatio's one-liners annoyed him too much(he is still watching the other two and occasionally CSIM with me). After a while I started to get annoyed too and stopped watching. Not only by Horatio - much more by all this mafia stuff - plain boring!

It used to be that CSI Miami was appointment television for all of my immedicate family and most of my friends. We loved watching it together and talking about it. I'm the only one left who watches it and I can only go by what they've told me as the reason they stopped.

I know that CSI and CSI Miami are showing their age (I personally would not include CSI NY in that group). But I saw new life and had real hope with the addition of Jesse and Walter and the lightness, friendship and "team" feeling they injected into the show. That and the chance the Eric and possibly Calleigh were moving on gave me hope that we'd really see them get back to basics as they promised.

Then I saw one episode of season 6(I think after 2 seasons of not watching or so) and came by to it, interested how these things will develope between that couple. :)

With Eric's return it's clear that nothing is going to change and it only serves to flash in neon for the audience that CSI Miami is going to continue to stagnate as it has for the past 4 years.

I disagree. We were promised a closure this season and 'defining moment' so I think it will not drag forever, more likely it will be Sara/Grissom-like stuff in the next seasons...mentioned sometimes. But we may get something else instead, so don't get too happy yet ;)

And sadly it means that a group of very talented, and extremely deserving actors are going continue to be totally wasted.

Personally, I'd like to see Jon, Eva and Rex move on at this point to a project where their talent is recognized and they get a chance to have their moment. It sure ain't happening on CSI Miami and doesn't look like it going to. :(

I wouldn't like them to move on, because I like them too much. CSI Miami wouldn't be the same without them. And a 'fresh blood' didn't do anything for the ratings.
I've been wishing for a time now that David would move on. 'Cause if he does ... I can! :) Although if things go the way I think they will in season 9, I doubt the show will have a season 10 and so moving on will be taken out of all of our hands.

I think someone said that it was supposed to be only 10 seasons in total :) I have replied just below your comments Delynn, but I think it doesn't show like this...my answers included in your quotes...sorry, I'm still learning that forum(and any forum for that matter).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back