**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this about spoilers, though.

After hearing what MIGHT happen in Meltdown, I had the predetermined notion that, if this were all true, I was finished with Miami.

But another member of the board has set me straight, reminding me to give it a chance and see what will actually happen. I have zero faith in this current crop of writers, and this would have been the proverbial final straw for me, but hey. This other board member is right. I will give it a chance and find out what happens.

I will only say this: If they pull another Dan Cooper, then it's time for me to say goodbye. :scream:

I understand where you're coming from, Jag Lady. Recent spoilers brought thoughts of you and another poster specifically. One spoiler specifically saddened me greatly.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, DeLynn. I didn't read the removed spoiler, but if it's what I'm hearing on another board, I can say that doing something like that is totally wrong and out of character. Gee, what other poster could you POSSIBLY be thinking about?? :p

*cough* *cough* *looks around* knowing just the fact that I'm doing a post has probably caused the mods to become very alert.

inthewind, I guess your link was intended to not work? ;)

Oh and I don't think this show has "a few seasons" left of it.

http://cbswatchmagazine.com/blog/201...tropical-trio/
It’s a mystery that Donahue says will unfold slowly over the next few seasons

:evil:How depressing!

I still think this was a typo. I think it meant "next few months". They can't say seasons when they don't know for 100% that it'll be picked up after season 9. :lol: but if this is true, while I love Jesse, it uspets me cause Ryan has been there since season 3 and has not gotten a back story yet aside from the lame warrick 2.0 gambling storyline... other than us knowing his Uncle Ron taught him to pick locks and that he has a neice which means at least one sibling. And Frank and Nat have been there longer too. I think they need to build on characters that have been there longer and haven't gotten much build before delving way into a new one as much as I love the character. Seriously, all the time Frank has been there, what do we know about him personally? Is divorced and has children. Seriously, that's all we get? Come on! :lol:

http://cbswatchmagazine.com/blog/2010/03/31/tropical-trio/

Let's try this again. See if this does it. Okay, there you go.
Just as before, how depressing!

It works for me now, too. Thanks.

What is so depressing about it, though? It just sounds kind of boring to me, but then I won't be watching any of it anyway if TPTB do what I've been told they're going to do.

And I truly don't think CSI:Miami will still be on past season 9. I think the ratings will continue to go down.

It’s a mystery that Donahue says will unfold slowly over the next few seasons

That's depressing, IMO. I retained the hope that Jesse would be a one season wonder, although I agree 9 seasons might spell the end of the series or, with a stretch, maybe 10.

Thanks for the posting inthewind. An interesting read:rolleyes:

I still think this was a typo. I think it meant "next few months". They can't say seasons when they don't know for 100% that it'll be picked up after season 9. :lol: but if this is true, while I love Jesse, it uspets me cause Ryan has been there since season 3 and has not gotten a back story yet aside from the lame warrick 2.0 gambling storyline... other than us knowing his Uncle Ron taught him to pick locks and that he has a neice which means at least one sibling. And Frank and Nat have been there longer too. I think they need to build on characters that have been there longer and haven't gotten much build before delving way into a new one as much as I love the character. Seriously, all the time Frank has been there, what do we know about him personally? Is divorced and has children. Seriously, that's all we get? Come on! :lol:

Although I feel the new additions have breathed new life into the show, I, as a few of you do, find it irritating that certain characters and their hard working actors have vitually been ignored over the last few seasons. Why bring in new characters when you haven't fully tapped the story potential of characters already there? IMO, lazy writers:(

And I truly don't think CSI:Miami will still be on past season 9. I think the ratings will continue to go down.

I hope that isn't true, but I can sure see it happening if the trend of the majority of the storylines going to some characters and others being ignored continues. The fans of these unfortunate characters will get fed up and find others shows to watch. Again IMO, a major shakeup in the writing staff needs to happen or this sad trend will continue, and season 9 WILL be its last season:(

I hope that isn't true, but I can sure see it happening if the trend of the majority of the storylines going to some characters and others being ignored continues. The fans of these unfortunate characters will get fed up and find others shows to watch. Again IMO, a major shakeup in the writing staff needs to happen or this sad trend will continue, and season 9 WILL be its last season:(

I agree. In fact I've gone to imdb.com and noticed that many of those actors have already been doing other projects. I think Eva LaRue has done some guest appearances on othe shows, while DLS has done another movie this year. Looks like Jonathan Togo is doing some internet projects. IOW, jumping like rats off a sinking ship. Perhaps it's their way of convincing a potential producer that they can do more than they've been given in the last few seasons?

I still enjoy reading and writing Miami fanfics, but I find myself having to go back to the first few seasons for any inspiration. Really good epis have been few and far between since S5. :(

Again IMO, a major shakeup in the writing staff needs to happen or this sad trend will continue, and season 9 WILL be its last season:(

I agree SO MUCH. Some of the writers may be okay, but some of them need to go. Maybe all of them need to go. We need writers who will take into account what the first few seasons were like, and will get back on track with the continuity train.

Again IMO, a major shakeup in the writing staff needs to happen or this sad trend will continue, and season 9 WILL be its last season:(

I agree SO MUCH. Some of the writers may be okay, but some of them need to go. Maybe all of them need to go. We need writers who will take into account what the first few seasons were like, and will get back on track with the continuity train.

Yeah, I agree. Something that I, as a fan usually like to see from a show this far in is a connection to the roots of the show to remind me why I fell in love with it in the first place and why I still watch. For me, it's 40% the characters and 60% the formula/stories.

That being said, I'm interested in how the rest of the season is going to play out with Rebecca Nevins being blown up, Ryan being set up and the development Ann D. seems to think Jesse will have play out over the next few seasons. :lol:

For the record, I really don't think Miami has a few more seasons left in it but you never know. My opinion is that the show peaked in season 3 and it's been trying to claw its way back to what it once was, since. There have been some bad decisions and some excellent ones along the way so time will tell. But the show is really starting to show its age and I don't know if it can continue to keep up with some of the new blood (new shows) popping up each year that continue to set the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back