Spoiler-Free: Be Aware of Spoilers in These Places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Places to find spoilers

well Destiny I'm willing to compromise on anything that comes up, I would just be excited to have a place where the unspoiled can talk freely without being too afraid about hearing something we wouldn't want to. Maybe the easiest way would be for you to put your little description of an upcoming episode like you do in the spoiler thread, and we can base our discussion off JUST that, and no outside information except already aired episodes...?

OK. Some answers to Destiny's questions so she can feel young again. ;) These are my opinions, and I think I've kind of already answered your question for your second to last post...

OK, the Futon Critic description should be used (or if Destiny feels it is too spoilerish she could selectively edit it), otherwise there would be no basis for discussion. And CSIFiles news articles could be discussed or at least acknowledged on the basis that you can see the title if it was the last thread posted in from the news section. For example, one of them is currently has a name that would allow you all to hazard a guess at a future episode, I won't name it just in case any of you have that part of the forum collapsed so you don't risk seeing spoilerish news articles. The point being that you can see it whether you want to or not...

Not really on topic but, I'm really not sure about the assumption that the majority of the board is American, or that if I wanted to discuss it as it airs in my own country I should be able to do so on a forum set up for my country? This board is truly international in my view. I appreciate you won't have meant it in a negative way (and I've never seen a specific British one btw). The owner of this board is Dutch if I'm not mistaken.

I do know that the 'sister' TrekBBS board has recently changed it spoiler guidelines with regard to significant spoilers (like character death or romance) so that people outside of the US can remain, at least, partially unspoiled. That said, the makeup of the board may well be completely different over there.

The 'world discussion' thread or forum is an interesting idea though, but as we do have our own country specific threads already I'm not sure if it would just be duplicating exising activity.

i think you can add fanfiction.net to the list of possible spoiler places Dee. you can sometimes get spoiled reading the synopsis of the fics. the site is not instantly moderated and it happened to me a couple of times that i've got unvoluntarily spoiled.

but i wouldn't discourage s-f people from going there really (the same with Geekfiction), but i'd rather like everyone to just watch out what they are reading. it's good to, for example, start reading the synopsis from the end, cuz this is how it usually looks like:

/example/

Title
Summary: Grissom is getting shot and Sara is there to comfort him. Spoilers for episode 01x08.

so it's better to first look at the end and check if there is any mention of spoilers before you read the tid-bit.

CURRENT LIST

Disclaimer: It is not recommended that you avoid these sites. It is merely pointed out that other people have run into spoilers here in the past. Judge for yourselves accordingly.

1) CBS's CSI Wiki (spoilers out in the open)
2) CBS message board (spoilers put in names of threads)
3) The "spoiler" sections of CSI forums (spoilers typically given in great detail)
4) Geekfiction - the LJ community (icons using spoiler pics)
5) IMDB/Internet Movie Database (spoilers out in the open)
6) Fanfiction.net (occasional spoilers in fanfic synopses)

(BTW, I don't have to be the only one who posts the "Current List" at the end of posts... if you have something to add, feel free to copy the list, add your own, and paste at the end of your own posts. That way we can make sure the most recent list is as close to the end of the thread as possible. :) Just remember to add the disclaimer!)

Hey * Waves *

Right, I'm from the UK and I like to be surprised but I so need to find out the gossip lol!!

Hi, RyanAddict I am not awear if you know there is a thread for the "UK" discussions, if so no problem, if not there ya go. :)

I've only noticed it only a few times, but some people discuss an episode after it airs, and others who live in different time zones end up spoiled.

I'm just not sure what could be done about that.

Good point.. nothing I guess, I don't mind 'spoilers" I'm kind of the type who wants to see how close the actual ep. comes to what's been proposed, or gossiped about, in movies you sse the previews, does that ruin it, so you don't want to see I? of couse not, you want to see it all the more :eek:

Lol thanks Destiny I do know but I think the US views way before we do so I get to view before it comes on if that makes sense lol I so confuzzling :S

Another place you may become spoiled is the Geek Love facebook group. People are openly discussing finale spoilers on the wall, and at one point, all the info ytdaw had released was posted there.

But unless you have a facebook, I wouldn't worry.

CURRENT LIST

Disclaimer: It is not recommended that you avoid these sites. It is merely pointed out that other people have run into spoilers here in the past. Judge for yourselves accordingly.

1) CBS's CSI Wiki (spoilers out in the open)
2) CBS message board (spoilers put in names of threads)
3) The "spoiler" sections of CSI forums (spoilers typically given in great detail)
4) Geekfiction - the LJ community (icons using spoiler pics)
5) IMDB/Internet Movie Database (spoilers out in the open)
6) Fanfiction.net (occasional spoilers in fanfic synopses)
7) Geek Love Facebook Group (spoilers being discussed openly)

Re: Att: Non-Spoiled: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!

Watch out for the CSI group on myspace, because they actually have part of the script of the final there and it does warn you about spoilers, but i for one wasnt expecting both the MCSK AND the last scene of the season to be explained! yes yes, i know, my own fault, but i slapped myself round the head afterwards lol!

Places You Might Find Spoilers

Thanks, nuttynickyxx!

CURRENT LIST

1. CBS's CSI Wiki (spoilers out in the open)
2. CBS message board (spoilers put in names of threads)
3. The "spoiler" sections of CSI forums (spoilers typically given in great detail)
4. Geekfiction - the LJ community (icons using spoiler pics)
5. IMDB/Internet Movie Database (spoilers out in the open)
6. Fanfiction.net (occasional spoilers in fanfic synopses)
7. Geek Love Facebook Group (spoilers discussed openly)
8. CSI group on MySpace (spoilers discussed openly, including MCSK identity and last scene of 7x24)

Re: Places You Might Find Spoilers

o, and they also copied part of the script near the end of the eppy, just thought id mention lol, i 4got last nyt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back