Spoiler-Free: Be Aware of Spoilers in These Places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Att: Non-Spoiled: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!

awesome idea Dee! thanks so much for posting all this.

i'd like to add Geekfiction - the LJ community to the list as you can get spoiled with icons made of new promo pictures sometimes. usualy there are warnings though.

I'm not a mod, so I don't have any official authority, but this thread is definitely NOT meant to be a "them vs. us" discussion thread or anything like that. This is only meant to be a "heads up!" thread, alerting people to where they *might* find spoilers without being warned. You're still free to wander through these places if you want to; they're typically great places to go... but at least you can now be warned that other people have gotten accidently spoiled while doing so. :)

BTW, if there are news articles or the like out there that DON'T warn about spoilers they might contain, you can add those to the list.

CURRENT LIST:

1) CBS's CSI Wiki (spoilers out in the open)
2) CBS message board (spoilers put in names of threads)
3) The "spoiler" sections of CSI forums (spoilers typically given in great detail)
4) Geekfiction - the LJ community (icons using spoiler pics)

I'd say to people to be very weary of what you look up on the internet.. I was looking up something about Jorja Fox for instance, and I stumbled on a forum-type place that had LENGTHY details for episode 7 x 23.

So, careful what you search for?

Ya your right, but this is now like a Season 7 Discussion Thread with No Spoilers am I correct??

I have to agree with, Elsie.

It does seem like it's turning into an "us VS them" kind of thing. Creating a list of sites to avoid because others might get spoiled just seems kind of wrong to me and it's not like it's the boards fault. There's always going to be someone who doesn't follow the rules and posts spoilers for the world to see.

I think it's the person's discretion whether they go to a certain site or not; we shouldn't be telling people to boycott just because something might happen in the future.

I don't really feel that way, I think it is just letting people know what sites are most likely to spoil things for you. If I would have known I would have been spoiled for easily on the Wiki I wouldn't have gone.

Exactly, mrb105. I would NEVER advocate that these sites be boycotted. My only intention was to alert non-spoiled people that other non-spoiled people have run into spoilers in these places. Not every site is like CSI Files, which very carefully moderates where spoilers may go on the board and polices it carefully. I'm NOT saying that there's anything wrong with not policing spoilers, or that posters should avoid going to such places; I'm only trying to help other non-spoiled people be aware where they might run into spoilers without being warned. If posters decide they still want to go there, or that they don't want to go there, that's their decision. But at least they'll know that there's a chance that they might run into spoilers at these places that they don't want to see, whereas right now they don't have that warning at all.

If you feel that the title of the thread is therefore too strong and should be toned down, that's fine; I don't mind if a mod changes it. I really intended it to be more of a joke... certainly not an activist stance for "Down with Spoilers!" :)

But honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with non-spoiled people giving each other a heads-up about places where they might run into spoilers unawares. If the spoiled folk are allowed to alert each other about where they might find spoilers, why shouldn't the non-spoiled folk alert each other to the same thing?

I see it as a warning of what to expect when you venture onto these other boards...not avoid these at all costs.

i strongly support the idea of this thread. it's been too many times i've been keeping myself unspoiled and then ... BANG, i ran into a spoiler and it ruined all my efforts. at the same time, i still want to participate in some CSI related sites or boards.

i didn't know that there are spoilers lying open without any warning on wiki for example. thank god for this thread cuz i might have gone there at some point and in result get angry and frustrated.

I guess I'm the guinea pig then, but ya I like the idea of the thread, but maybe a mod can work on the title for us.

MissDee, sorry for the misunderstanding, I get what you're saying now. And you make a good point. Im very protective of my Spoiler-free friends, so I think warning others of possible-spoiler areas is a good idea :)

Maybe the title of the thread should have, "sites to avoid" or something like that in the title. Cause it kind of sounds like it's telling the non-spoiled to avoid the thread :lol:

MissDee, sorry for the misunderstanding, I get what you're saying now. And you make a good point. Im very protective of my Spoiler-free friends, so I think warning others of possible-spoiler areas is a good idea
No worries! I was just a bit confused: generally I'm very good at making myself understood, and I was wondering where on earth I'd gotten my wires crossed.

Maybe the title of the thread should have, "sites to avoid" or something like that in the title. Cause it kind of sounds like it's telling the non-spoiled to avoid the thread
Yeah, maybe something like "Non-spoiled: Beware Until Finale" would work? I definitely don't want people to get the wrong impression and think that I'm trying to get up some group of crusaders here.

Am I able to change the title of the thread, or does a moderator have to do it?

And as an addition: I think that mrb105's idea of a "Witness Protection Thread", where the unspoiled can go to discuss episodes and there's a zero-tolerance policy on any information dealing with upcoming episodes, is a really good idea. I know it's hard to police all the discussion threads because there's so many of them, and therefore there's a danger of things slipping through. It's happened to him, and to me, and to other non-spoiled people on the board. And I'm not advocating changing all the other discussion threads to spoiler-friendly, either. I'm just thinking that if there is one thread where spoilers are ABSOLUTELY NOT TOLERATED, with an immediate deletion of any post that contains them without warning or apology, it'd be much easier for the moderators to keep an eye on that thread... and then the really passionate non-spoiled folks can go there without worry. (Most of the spoilered folk would be more likely to go to the regular episode discussion threads anyway, because they're busier.)

CURRENT LIST - TREAD CAREFULLY HERE:

1) CBS's CSI Wiki (spoilers out in the open)
2) CBS message board (spoilers put in names of threads)
3) The "spoiler" sections of CSI forums (spoilers typically given in great detail)
4) Geekfiction - the LJ community (icons using spoiler pics)

MissDee said: Am I able to change the title of the thread, or does a moderator have to do it?
You can change it with in the 24 hr period from the time of the posts orginial time frame.
MissDee said: I'm just thinking that if there is one thread where spoilers are ABSOLUTELY NOT TOLERATED, with an immediate deletion of any post that contains them without warning or apology, it'd be much easier for the moderators to keep an eye on that thread...
Except we do not delete posts no matter what or where, unless it contains something that is so bad it would be harmful to the members or the board.

We don't have a problem keeping an eye on threads, the thing everyone has to realize is that spoilers will slip through, and all we can do is edit titles so as to reduce spoiling, or remind folks that we have a spoiler lab (or Episode discussion thread) in which to discuss spoilers, and that all other discussion threads are NON spoiler. But again they will slip in there, be it someone new, or overly excited, either way it would be no different.

I'm really suprised it took this long for a spoiler free season discussion thread to open up. I'm also suprised at all the spoiler free people, I didn't know this many of you exsisted.

As far as Lab Rats goes, I'm happy to see what will probably be a episode that we are totally not used too. I mean seriously, will Hodges figure something out about the Mini Killer then Grissom missed? I highly doubt it, but it will be interesting.

Oh we had this discussion along time ago, hence spoiler tags, hence the spoiler lab. The problem came down to as I explained above. Whether or not that discussion is still around I have no Idea that was a couple cleanings ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back