Spoiler-Free: Be Aware of Spoilers in These Places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Att: Non-Spoiled: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!

I don't know, I think this thread will just add to many of the "S7 Discussions" ya know? The next ep. discussion, spoiler discussion.. And what can you exactly discuss in this thread, past episodes?

As far as the promos for Lab Rats go, it looks humerous (But see, there we are discussion a future ep. I Just don't see how this is going to work out :lol:)

I think we can talk about what we think might happen, what we want to see happen, and just have a general discussion, without the risk of being spoiled.

well, the thing is that i, for example, am very radically spoiler-free to the extent that i don't watch any promos, and the only thing that i allow myself to read is the title of the next episode. so practically a talk about "what will happen in the next ep" basing on the promo or the information posted in this little news trailer on our right, would be spoiling to me (i'm not talking about the whole articles but about those tiny tid-bits).

therefore, even if there existed a thread to talk about the eps only for s-f folks, i would probably stay away from it. too much of a risk to me. if i'm s-f, i'm s-f all the way.

i know, i'm obsessed, lol.

I think I'm going to try that as well for the rest of the season, even though I've been spoiled enough. And possibly try and do it for next season as well, seeing as how I do with the remiander of this one.

*shrugs*

I'll leave it up to the moderators. If they're fine with this thread being a joint here's-where-you might-find-spoilers-so-beware thread / a completely non-spoiled discussion thread - meaning no press releases, no promos, no nothing - I'm game. But it's really up to them....

At any rate, can someone let me know so I can adjust the thread title accordingly before tomorrow morning?

I will be honest with you all this thread distrubs me a bit even after reading it several times, while the intentions is to help those who want to remain SF is good, the problem comes in with the listing of sites, as it may infact be seen as a negative singling out of sites, which is really discouraged on here.

Before folks say but they mention the sites when giving spoilers that is true, BUT we have cracked down on how much from the sites they can use for the spoiler, for instance "Casting sides" can no longer be quoted, a person can say here is what is said but it has to be done in their own words, no copy/paste, same with other sites that have spoilers.

While having a thread where you can talk about episodes of future, as to what you would like to see happen in them thats all fine and good, But as I stated a couple posts up there is no guarentee that it will stop a spoiler or hint of getting in, we cannot delete those posts, again as I said above unless the post is harmful to the member (flamming, or extreme rule breaking) or to the board, all we can do is edit the post. Also as I have said we have had this type of discussion "Re Spoiler problems" a long time ago and that is when the "Tags" and "Labs" went into effect, to stop or minimize the spoilers being put into non spoiler threads (ie regular discussion threads).

In saying all that, I have decided to ask an admin to please take a look at this and give me their observation of it along with the rules of the board. If the admin does not step in, then I will be contacted about it. At which time we will see if any action may or may not be taken on this manner. But I would rather run on the "Safe then sorry" mode.

I've been asked to weigh in on this.

What can happen is that this can be viewed as a thread where one knows where to avoid to avoid spoilers OR where to go to FIND spoilers.

I don't want it to turn into a "so and so's site SUCKS!" That's more of a gossip thing and less of a CSI show discussion.

So if we stay on topic (and MissDee has reminded people several times to focus on spoilers, not other attributes or lack thereof, of sites) we should be OK.

I wouldn't be surprised if in addition to those who don't like spoilers, those who seek them out read this thread too.

I wasn't here when the whole spoilers issue was going on, and I realize it would be impossible to hope for a completely spoiler free zone, but wouldn't it be possible to make an episode-discussion thread where spoilers were... err.... discouraged? Because I would love to discuss upcoming episodes with other sf people based on maybe the promos but nothing else. I used to go on the discussion thread to try and talk about what I PREDICTED was going to happen, only running into "well thats not right cuz it says on this site that this is going to happen," and now (especially with the finale coming up) I dont want to risk accidentally reading any more spoilers than I already have about it... and since there's already a discussion thread where spoilers are allowed, the spoiled wouldn't really have a reason to venture into the other sf thread and talk about spoilers there...?

Like I said it can be tried, and we discourage spoilers in any NON Spoiler discussion thread but it can not always be prevented they may slip in, as said by myself and many there is no way to guarentee it won't. -- As long as its kept to one thread I don't have a problem with it. The reason I say keep it to one thread it Might minimize the chances of spoilers getting in.

Discuss what you all might like it to be called and either myself or Tally will see about setting it up maybe by us setting it up it will help to keep the spoilers down, again no guarentee. ;)

Re: Places to find spoilers

I don't want it to turn into a "so and so's site SUCKS!" That's more of a gossip thing and less of a CSI show discussion.

So if we stay on topic (and MissDee has reminded people several times to focus on spoilers, not other attributes or lack thereof, of sites) we should be OK.
Thanks, TBonz and Destiny. I really don't want this thread to turn into a site-bashing thread - I'm a lover, not a fighter. All this was meant to do is to be a kind of "map", where people could look around and find the words "Here Be Spoilers"... if that makes them want to go there, or want to wait until after the finale to go there, that's their decision, and it's all good to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if in addition to those who don't like spoilers, those who seek them out read this thread too.
Hey, a map's a map - if the spoiled want to use the list as a guide for finding spoilers, and the non-spoiled as a guide for evading them, that just means buried treasure for everyone, right? :)

CURRENT LIST:

1) CBS's CSI Wiki (spoilers out in the open)
2) CBS message board (spoilers put in names of threads)
3) The "spoiler" sections of CSI forums (spoilers typically given in great detail)
4) Geekfiction - the LJ community (icons using spoiler pics)

Does anyone else have the feeling that Lab Rats is gonna be like a Hodges-centric episode??

I realise I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I too hate being spoiled when I'm not looking for spoilers.

So, I think IMDB - Internet Movie Database, should be added to the list. Whether you're looking at the threads for CSI in general, or at the threads for one of the actors on the show, you'll get spoiled. There is rarely any spoiler warnings, and there are often spoilers in the title.

Anyone agree with me?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I go to IMDB sometimes and find a lot of unwanted spoilers. :mad:

Discuss what you all might like it to be called and either myself or Tally will see about setting it up maybe by us setting it up it will help to keep the spoilers down, again no guarentee.

That would be great Destiny!
I know there wouldn't be any gurentee, but we could always try, right? So is anyone else in favor of trying this or have I just lost my mind? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back