Spoiler-Free: Be Aware of Spoilers in These Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissDee

Lab Technician
I just ran into a poster who is disgruntled that he wandered onto a site where spoilers are posted out in the open for all to see. I was aware of this site, because I'd heard other people had gone there... but apparently that hadn't become general knowledge as of yet.

So I figured I'd start this thread, a place where anybody who runs across spoilers lying out in the open can post where they are so that the non-spoiled can avoid these places.

So, to start off: Right now, some jackass is going into various CSI boards, copying the spoilers, and posting them on CBS's CSI Wiki, right out in the open for all to stumble upon unawares. So I highly recommend that you avoid that place until the season is over, as you don't know what's going to end up out in the open.

Anybody know of any other places that the non-spoiled should avoid like the plague right now? Help your fellow (wo)man and list them here!

Oh - don't think I need to say this, but just to be on the safe side:

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT A THREAD IN WHICH TO POST SPOILERS!!!

I figure as you find another place, add it to the list I have posted below and then post the entire list at the bottom of your post. This should ensure that any non-spoiled person can find an updated list of all the places to avoid quickly and easily.

CURRENT LIST: AVOID THE FOLLOWING....

1.) CBS's CSI Wiki

Re: Att: Non-Spoiled: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!

I would avoid the CBS message board as well, people post the spoilers in the thread names, without any warning about spoilers...

Also, its a terrible board. I was told I have to like GSR, or I was not welcome on the board, and basically all non-GSR people were told not to post by several posters. Then I pointed out to someone that season 7's ratings were lower than 6, and was told that they didn't like my negative attitude, even though I was just pointing out the truth, and now some GSR fans ganged up and banned me. Thats great...

I agree about the main CBS message board, it's spoiler central over there.

Also, the Your Tax Dollars At Work forum, it's a great board, but if you go into their spoiler sections they givegreat details about all spoilers. So if you're only looking for a quick summary (Like what CBS puts on the website, or csiFILES puts on the website) It's best to avoid the spoiler threads. :)

Also, its a terrible board. I was told I have to like GSR, or I was not welcome on the board

YES! I left there for the same reason. I got abuse for not being GSR too, pissed me right off. So I came here :) It's an awful board, not modded at all.

I've been lucky enough not to stuble on anything majour. Will report back if I do.

I can't stand ytdaw, sorry, i get so mad when i read that forum, lol. I don't care if its a GSR board, but some of the posters absolutely rip apart catherine and sophia. I don't like sophia that much, but she doesn't deserve that much hate, wow...

Just a note: let's not use the thread to complain about these places... plenty of people like these sites and boards, and more power to them. This is just a place for the non-spoiled to be made aware of where they might run across spoilers right out in the open. :)

CURRENT LIST:

1) CBS's CSI Wiki (spoilers out in the open)
2) CBS message board (spoilers put in names of threads)
3) The "spoiler" sections of forums (self-explanatory)

Thank you Miss Dee, I have been debating whether or not I should ask a mod if we could open up a season discussion thread for non-spoiler readers. Earlier in the season, somebody dropped the bomb in the "Loco Motives" discussion thread that the Mini Killer was not finished, which really pissed me off, mainly because I thought those threads would be safe because we are only suppose to talk about episodes at hand. Secondly, I am the one who wondered onto the CSI wiki ignorantly and read spoilers for the season finale. Therefore I am thrilled to see this thread opened up, and maybe I will get some selective amnesia and forget what I have learned. Thanks again Miss Dee.

Matt

Well.......I have found the CSI message board to be nothing but chaos and over-run with young teens...that don't really know what they're talking about. And if your opinions DON't co-inside with theirs, like XF Canadian said; "they gang up and ban you!" That's what happened to me and I support gsr! I can just imagine what it must be like for the NON-gsr supporters!

Also, they tend to post the spoilers all over that board too! I don't mind, a preview, but nothing to super great detail, that I know all about the show before it even airs! What is the sense of that?

I haven't been to the "Your Tax Dollars At Work Fourm", so I won't pass any comments on that.

This board seems pretty decent though, you have your different communities, and it seems pretty much organized to what it has to offer!

Okay, I'm all for spoilers but I hate when you know everything that happens in the episode.

Quick question, What is CSI wiki? like wikipedia?

Ya the Mods do a good job of keeping everyone in line, and keeping the spoilers in the spoiler forums. Like I said before, only the Mini Killer remark from Loco Motives is the only time I've been spoiled on these boards when you stay out of the Spoiler Lab, which is pretty good.

CURRENT LIST:

1) CBS's CSI Wiki (spoilers out in the open)
2) CBS message board (spoilers put in names of threads)
3) The "spoiler" sections of CSI forums (spoilers typically given in great detail)

Ashley, it is just like an un-moderated CSI site where people are free to run wild. Post pics, videos, and whatever else they like. I went there to look for a song title, and in the damn song forum there were spoilers. I dispise the CSI wiki, and I wish I could have 5 minutes alone with it in a room.

Ohh. Thanks mrb.

I haven't really checked out many other sites.

I like how this site deals with spoilers, I've never been angry with the spoilers here.

Alright well let's get on topic then.

For Lab Rats, do you think we are actually gonna follow a case the team works on, or will it be all focused on the Lab Rats??

We are all very lucky at TalkCSI that things are managed and moderated in a fair way to avoid these kind of spoiler problems arising.

This does seem to be more about how bad other CSI websites are though? Should we have warnings about what is on other sites, and should it be here? In my experience (and opinion) it is the kind of thing that leads to a 'them and us' culture which can be damaging to both. Especially when mentioning CBS official sites.

And although I don't actually have an opinion about CSI wiki the lack of moderation does seem to be the main complaint I have read, so in its defence, wiki's are meant for everyone to be able to add and edit content together. To be fully moderated wouldn't make it a wiki, you just have to hope that people will play nicely and with consideration and will read the rules. ;)

So, stick to this site, after all it is great, and we can all remain spoiler free (unless we choose otherwise by going into a spoiler specific thread). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back