Speed/Rory #15: Perfection in Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speed/Rory #15: Perfection in Pants

Aw, Ashley, don't feel old, I saw Dazed and Confused when I was 3. :lol: (Okay my brother saw it when I was 3, but I was sitting in the same room being babysat :p)

...Okay now I feel a bit younger than everyone else, lol. That first sentence now makes no sense. :lol: At least I got exposed to Rory at a young age!

And about 'A Scanner Darkly', I own the book so I was able to read it before the movie and let me tell ya. The movie is a whole lot less confusing if the book is being read first. Not only does the book have more plot, allowing the entire story to make sense, but there's quite a bit more Freck in it as well. ;) Not to say that the movie wasn't good - because it was - but the book I find is a lot more descriptive and interesting.

bird_of_flame, I wouldn't check out Zellers for anything. :lol: (In my experience they don't have much) I actually had to buy 'Empire Records' from Blockbuster. The rest, I managed to find at Wal-Mart or I was able to get a movie online. (Amazon) Best Buy and Future Shop are generally pretty good too.

Invasion:

"Calleigh, um I've done this before."
"*smirks*" -- That's a Speedism in itself. ;)
"Now what do I do?"

Stalkerazzi

"That's very nice of you."
"When are you going to learn to type, that's Garden Street."
"I can't believe you read those things."
"We'll go through windows if we have to."
"...Allergies." - I just loved that. :lol: We got an inkling of development!

Whew, those are just off the top of my head.

wait a minute......Right at Your Door is already out?! i saw a preview for it on the internet but i didn't know it was out already! where'd you find it, June_85 ?

luvspeed said:
wait a minute......Right at Your Door is already out?! i saw a preview for it on the internet but i didn't know it was out already! where'd you find it, June_85 ?

It was released in the UK on January 15th :cool: I pre ordered it on Play.com but I've seen it in most record shops, HMV have it for sure. It has only had a region 2 release though.

Geni, OMG you make me feel so old seeing D&C at 3 years of age :lol: I think I was at least 9 when it was released :lol: and I was er 21 when I 1st saw it PML

BTW how old is everyone in here? I think there is a good age range in here.

I'm 21 still lol, I turn 22 in err June funily enough :lol:

"Right At Your Door" is a fantastic movie luvspeed , although the ending is shocking to say the least but Rory is fantastic in it.

really? i really want to watch it but i can't find it anywhere unless i order it online. thats a "no go" anyway since my parents don't trust the internet.... :(

i'm officially upset now. :mad: i can't find "Right at Your Door" anywhere but the UK. :( i'll just have to settle for the other films...a least i have those.

theres a silver lining in everthing.. :)

Need4Speed, Loveing those pics!! I feel really bad the only movie of Rory's I have seen is Black & White. :(

i can't find "Right at Your Door" anywhere but the UK.
Unfortunately, that's because, so far as I know, it hasn't been released anywhere but the UK :( I know it hasn't been released in North America, at the very least.

BTW how old is everyone in here? I think there is a good age range in here.
I'm 15 tomorrow :D then I'll be eligable to enter this course for women who wanna learn about guns... :devil: :lol:

I had a dream of Rory giving me a strip tease for my birthday.. :lol: :devil: I have a very vivid imagination, esp. when it comes to Mr. Cochrane :p

Oh, and if you have a multi-regional DVD player, you should be able to but that DVD from amazon or ebay or whatever and it should play perfectly :) I have two, one of which is a PS2, but that isn't multi-regional... :lol:

MY DVD player is multi region but I haven't tested a different region disc on it yet :lol: There is also a difference is type of broadcast system I think between UK and US, I think UK use PAL and US use NTSC and if your TV isn't compatiable I don't think it will play. Although I haven't tested it to find out yet.

that must have been an awesome dream Bullet Girl. :cool:

as for DVDs...i feel like a dork right now cuz i have no clue what you guys are talking about.... :confused:

June_85 said:
MY DVD player is multi region but I haven't tested a different region disc on it yet :lol: There is also a difference is type of broadcast system I think between UK and US, I think UK use PAL and US use NTSC and if your TV isn't compatiable I don't think it will play. Although I haven't tested it to find out yet.

Yup...but you can also get region free dvd players that will convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa. I have one and it works beautifully. I plan on getting RAYD as soon as I have the extra money to.

While I'm here guys, mind if I ask that everyone use spoiler code at least for RAYD and ASD? I think that's two Rory movies that the greater majority of fans haven't yet seen and I don't want anything spoiled for those of us who haven't yet seen either movie. I've already read something about ASD in here that I didn't yet want to know and was spoiled.

Thanks so much, yall! :)

Yup...but you can also get region free dvd players that will convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa. I have one and it works beautifully. I plan on getting RAYD as soon as I have the extra money to

Oh thats good. I hope mine does, I'm not sure I have any way of finding out until I get a Region 1 DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back