Speed/Rory #14: Speedism Preservation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Speed love SpeedFreak!

I was watching CSI on spike last night and they showed a preview for A Scanner Darkly on DVD. And the announcer dude was like "Winona Ryder and Rory Cochrane" and I was like 'He's not AND Rory Cochrane he's THE Rory Cochrane" and I swear my dad was about this close to admitting me into an asulym.

Thanks for the Welcome Pic CalleighSpeedle, I knew I would love it here !!! :D
LOL Speedmonkey2, your too right he is THE Rory Cochrane, pure and simple accept no less !! :lol:

That man is too good to be true !! :devil:

you are sooooo right Speedfreak , Rory is far too good to be true and accept no substitutes! ;)

naamloos3.jpg

Welcome to the thread SpeedFreak, great to have you. :D

You're welcome for the review Kas. :)

Great pictures calleighspeedle, thanks a bunch for sharing! Always wonderful to have some pictures in here.

:lol: Katie, you crack me up. I find it kind of funny that they'd say 'And Rory Cochrane'. I mean, he's been an 'AND' since Miami, you'd think they would mix it up a bit for him. :p

Seriously why can't it be "Starring Rory Cochrane" or "With Rory Cochrane" I mean...seriously.

And I swear my dad...*sighs* I'm just going to get Rory Cochrane tattoed on my forehead so he remembers who he is. We were talking about the movies that came out this year. And I was trying to hint in his direction for A Scanner Darkly again and he was like "wait now who's in that?" and I was like "Rory Cochrane dad" and he was like "...Why does that name sound familiar...where is he off of" and I was like "Oh I don't know Empire Records, Flawless, Black and white" and he was like "That's not ringing any bells" and I so I said "CSI: Miami" and he was like 'No thats not it" and I was like "What are you talking about that's not it yes he is. He was the Speed man for 2 seasons and an episode until he met his fate in a friggin jewlery store of all places" and he was like "Ohhh thats the guy you like?" and I just shook my head and walked back into my room. I swear he forgets everything. lol.

But awww calleighspeedle I love that piccie. Thanks for posting.

Well he was 'With Rory Cochrane' in about 11 episodes of CSI:Miami before Kim Delaney left...If that helps. :lol:

I still don't understand why he's always an 'And'. Is that because people know who he is or something? :lol:

Aw Katie you should at least staple a post-it to your face or something to remind your dad who he is. And besides, my parents do the same thing. Everytime I mention a movie Rory was in, they go "Who?" and then I say CSI:Miami and they're all like "Oooh so THAT'S the guy you're in love with." . :rolleyes: Cruel, cruel world.

welocme to the speedness SpeedFreak! its alwasy great to have newbies join the thread :D
happy posting!
And Ashley, I love your signature. Makes me wanna go watch B&W now, but alas I am off to work, bleh.

thank you! hes very nice and sexy and just all around yummy in that movie :)

my family is like that as well, and my friends, well most of them. they usually don't get it until i say 'you know lucas?' and then they get who i'm talking about.

Oh unfortunately no one knows who I am talking about when I mention Rory, except one friend who I sorta coerced into liking Speed. I always have to remind them that he was the hot criminalist who tptb did a very bad thing to.

And when the bulbs finally go on, this is the response I get: my sister thinks I have bad taste (meh, she should talk) and my mom usually responds with an "oh" and then goes back to talking about how hot she finds David Caruso to be.

This is why I am glad to have found this thread. No one else but you guys understand. :)

my sister says that about the men i love too, and thats when i remind her of her ex boyfriend and then she shuts up. my mother give me the 'oh hes a good actor but thats it' schpeel when we discuss rory, she also has weird taste in men. but whatever its kinda nice to be the only one amongst my friends who has any sense what is awesome.

Oh man, did anyone else watch Lost Son today on A&E? I bawled like a baby...........again -___- I can't help it! I get so damn emotional! Calleigh loved him so much (Okay shipper talk, sorry *slaps self*) But besides the point, Calleigh and Alexx naturally looked the most pained since they're women. I wish the writers would have given us a little more of a reaction for the team, but unfortunatly we didn't get that.

If I could, I would really give the writers a slap on the wrist for this one. Come on, gun malfuntion? You've done cases with sharks alligators, the book I'm reading had one suspect as a dolphin :lol: Can't you give is something more creative than a gun malfunction? UGH Tim/Rory deserved more than that! I personally think that it was an insult to have him die that way. There is no way that after Dispo day Tim wouldn't have made sure his gun was kept clean. It makes the character look bad, and that's not the way I'm sure most of us would have liked to see him leave.

What I would have liked to see was Tim dying in honor. Saving a little boy or girl, taking a bullet for someone, sacraficing his life for someone else's. Because of that episode, I refuse to buy season 3. Honestly that episode makes me sick. If any of you Speed/Rory fans are like me, it would leave you unsettled and frankly, upset.

OH I believe I didn't tell you about the dream I had a while ago.

{Pans in on Wyoming, and CSI Miami producer Ann Donahue, who is sitting in a chair, with the bright yellow sun setting down on them. Donahue had a coffee in her hand, and was directing one of her episodes. She tried to get me to do something for her, and I walked up to her and said "Donahue, I really REALLY don't like you" and walked away. Best dream ever.

*Ahem* anyway..........*goes back into lurking* :D

Wyoming said:
I personally think that it was an insult to have him die that way. There is no way that after Dispo day Tim wouldn't have made sure his gun was kept clean. It makes the character look bad, and that's not the way I'm sure most of us would have liked to see him leave.

What I would have liked to see was Tim dying in honor. Saving a little boy or girl, taking a bullet for someone, sacraficing his life for someone else's. Because of that episode, I refuse to buy season 3. Honestly that episode makes me sick.

How right you are. Personally, it was rather insulting for his character to be written out that way, but I've realized that when it comes to "getting rid" of characters, tptb do nothing but a shoddy job. I know they could care less about the viewers and their opinions, but they really need to wake up and realize how much we invest in not only the show, but more importantly, the characters. :mad:

I suppose it was too much to ask to have him be let go in an honorably fashion. I know for certain that the episode originally left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.:( But the writers love continuity...and that's why I also refuse to purchase S.3.

With that said, I watched "Lost Son" again today though I hate the episode with a passion. It's weird, it's like I have to watch it when it airs. I've read that people are fascinated with the macabre, and I suppose that they're correct.

Oh and that's a hilarious dream Wyoming. How many of us would love to have that kind of opportunity to tell her off? I know I sure I do! *raises hand eagerly* :lol:

:lol: Jess your dream is awesome. :)

Wyoming said
There is no way that after Dispo day Tim wouldn't have made sure his gun was kept clean. It makes the character look bad, and that's not the way I'm sure most of us would have liked to see him leave.

Agreed. After 'Dispo Day' his character grew and matured. There is no way he would have made that slip-up a second time. I mean, look at it this way. He wanted to make sure they had everything in 'Wannabe' to put the bad guy away, even if it meant running after the stolen evidence, preparing Wally for the stand, and he even helped the guy make a statement so it came out properly. He was very thorough in that episode, and we even saw in 'A Horrible Mind' when he was putting all of those shredded papers together, that he spent hours on it to get it right. And then he forgets to clean his gun? Um. No.

Yes it makes his death that much more tragic except that it's poor character writing. It was the most half-assed episode I've ever seen in my entire life.

SincerelyInDenial said
I suppose it was too much to ask to have him be let go in an honorably fashion. I know for certain that the episode originally left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.:( But the writers love continuity...and that's why I also refuse to purchase S.3.

Yeah, it is too much to ask for him to go out honorably. It's one of the things that disappoints me the most about our beloved writers. They place the characters up on a silver platter and then they crash and burn when it's time to say 'bye-bye'.

You're right, it leaves a bitter taste in the fan's mouths. Not only is the way they killed him off disrespectful to the character, but the fans as well. The writers devoted a substantial amount of time developping Speed's character, and then completely demolished it in 'Lost Son'.

The writers made themselves look bad on that one. :rolleyes:

i agree completely with what you all say. i was just generally pissed when he was killed off that way. so, so lame. and like you all said they could have done so much more creative things, but they didn't because the writers suck. unfortunately i didn't watch 'the lost son' today, i only managed to get to watch 'slaughterhouse' and 'broken' which are two of my faves anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back