Speed/Rory #14: Speedism Preservation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Nope, I dont' remember you, but welcome back anyway. Here, have some cookies.
Also, don't forget that you can edit your post for up to 24 hours, instead of double posting ;)

*crumbs start to fly* thanks....and Oh thanks-forgot I could do that :S I will remember (or maybe it was just the cunning plan to get to enough posts to have a banner and little pic ;) ) hehehe

Welcome back Still_RIP_Speed. :D Great to have to back here with us. :)

wibble said
ETA: Does anyone know if the writers read this forum?

I've asked Corey Miller about this, and basically what he said was they don't normally go into message boards because quite frankly there is a lot of negativity that goes around. If they didn't already feel like they were being second-guessed, then they certainly would if they came here and read what all the fans had to say.

I actually think not reading the messaged boards creates a nice barrier between fan and writer. This way, the writers are able to express their creative vision without fans complaining about the minor details before they see it as a whole. I'm sure the writers value the fans very much-- They wouldn't have gotten this far with CSI:Miami had the fans not watched and invested their time. And of course they aren't able to please everyone, which they know. Another part of the reason why they wouldn't visit message boards.

But I'm sure the writers/producers know how much Speed meant to us. Liz Divine even said it in the audio commentary for 'Lost Son'. But again, who knows if what they really felt about Rory is what they said to us. :p They could have just killed his character off becuase they were mad that he was leaving. -- Even though they said they loved him a lot.

Well, I know that even if I was mad at an actor for leaving, but I still appreciated him and respected him, I would respect his character even more. Kind of brings me back to what was said about Vanessa Ferlito's character. I thought that was a genius way to have her character written out.

Speed however? Not so good.

Yeah, he said in a couple of interviews that he didn't like the way he was written out, and he even wanted to come back for a couple of episodes here an there, but they said "No, we're killing you."

The way they did it was lame, and he expressed his frustrations about it. I think he even said that he gave suggestions on ways to kill him off, and they still chose a bullet to the heart. :rolleyes:

Man....thats soooo Unlike CSI Miami...they were normally so clever...what happened??poison may have been interesting...discovering his own killer-proper goodbyes.Dide he say he even wanted to come back and they killed him??? thats actually nearly making me cry.BRING ON THE FLASHBACKS

I´m so sad that they kill Speedle off, but hey when they do flashbacks that´s ok too...but all we fans of Speedle will like better to see him in a full episode...or maybe not as speedle they can do like his the killer of someone :D becouse I want to see rory as a bad guy XDD
Well the important thing is that they make a flashback that´s something or not? becouse I mean they showed nothing in Season 4...maybe we will see more in the future. :)

The showing of a flashback could be the opening of a floodgate ;)

The second Speedism poll has finished. Looks like we have a tie. Since Just One Kiss and Ashes to Ashes don't have very many, I'm going to stick Broken in with them. Now, I *know* there are some good ones in there, so start thinking!

Broken! *waves hands around*

Speed: No, no you can't, you know why? Because now you're a suspect so go ahead and get comfortable. Legally.

:lol:

That's my favorite.

Flashbacks would have been great in season three as well when they mentioned Speed's notes. They couldn't just bring him back for a few episodes and use the flashback to explain the note thing? Sheesh. CSI is about the VISUALS people! :lol:

:lol: That's my favorite too, but I thought I'd let someone else have the honour of posting it.

And yes, if they're going to re-investigate his case because he got the wrong guy, they could at least *show* it :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm all about the flashbacks... and it's like yes, he's gone, but the memory isn't. No harm, no foul in using them anyway.

Oh and here's a quote from "Broken". It's simple and to the point. Plus it's the only I can recall besides the one Geni posted. :)

Speed: "Jackass."

those are my fave lines from borken too, that whole conversation they have with that guy is just greatness.
and i missed a whole lot of discussion today ha, almost makes me feel bad for spending the day cleaning.

but yeah like everyone else said the flashback thing is a good idea to sort of reincorporate speed but not letting it like hinder into what the rest of the episode is about. not that the episode would even be that great but its better just having rory in it.

^ That's wonderful Bullet_Girl. :D However, since this is a thread about Speed/Rory, you could include something in your post about him as well? ;) It would be much appreciated.

There is, afterall a whole seperate forum dedicated to everything LV. ;)

Yeah, ok *looks guilty* I'd swoon, but I've done that too many times this past hour alone :p

Just incase you don't know, I'm actually Grissoms_Angel, I just got a Username change :) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back