Speed/Rory #14: Speedism Preservation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Season 2 is my favourite season aswell, like ya said even if an episode wasn't too entertaining there was Mr Cochrane to swoon at.

Anyways nothing can be done now :-(

I just hope that the new CIA TV thing he is filimg....'The Company' will be shown over here

speed_cochrane said:
I think Miami's ratings went down exponentially since season 3. Not only because our dear Speed bit the proverbial dust, but because the storylines continued to get more and more grandiose, and had less substance and quality.

I might also add that this appears to be reflected in the amount of fans in this forum - forgive me if I'm wrong or others disagree, but I'm sure posting used to be at least more enthusiastic in here pre-season 4, and more people posted more frequently. I don't know what those who have also been a member here a long time think. *ducks flying debris just in case*

As for having something pretty to look at in S2, I totally agree! :devil: Here's Speedy in one of my fave shirts :D

Dark blue goodness!

*thud*

I like the black shirt he wears in Nonstop even more though :devil:

Ah yes, the pretty black dress shirts. :devil:

apwws.jpg

Lovely wardrobe they had for Speed in season two. :D

June_85 said
I just hope that the new CIA TV thing he is filimg....'The Company' will be shown over here

I'm hoping the same for here as well. It looks really promising, and it would be the newest piece of work that Rory has done, so I'd like to see how he's progressed since CSI:Miami. :D Of course, nothing beats CSIM, but I love how diverse Rory is in choosing his roles. :)

wibble said
I might also add that this appears to be reflected in the amount of fans in this forum - forgive me if I'm wrong or others disagree, but I'm sure posting used to be at least more enthusiastic in here pre-season 4, and more people posted more frequently. I don't know what those who have also been a member here a long time think. *ducks flying debris just in case*

I've been here since 2005, so I'm not sure how the posting was since I registered quite a while after the premier of season three. (Actually, I think it was the hiatus right before season 4) However, I did lurk a little back in 2004, and noticed that there was a lot more discussion going on than there was, say, last year.

But like I said, I wasn't a regular poster until around 2005, so I don't really know what it's like to see a busy Miami forum. :lol:

Btw, great picture. :D I love the blue dress shirts on him. :)

i got the miami season 3 boxset for christmas and i just completly skipped the 1st episode, ive only watched it the once, and i spent an hour crying afterwards, i dont want to do that again

^ Oh dear...looks like I'm in for a very weepy evening :eek: :( I'm actually kind of tempted to skip it too, but I'm going to make myself watch it, even if it's only once.

Glad you liked the pic Geni :) that's a great one of Speed in the black shirt - I adore him in that colour :D This has to be one of my fave Speed scenes ever (from Innocent where they start to process the house):

*drool*

Can you tell why? :devil: :lol: I don't know whether it's the way it's been shot or the clothes he's wearing or the lighting or a combination of things, but I swear he's to die for in that scene wearing that shirt. You should've seen my face when I first saw it, lol. And I was so disappointed when the sequence cut to Calleigh in the lab - I was hoping it would be longer :( And they had the coolest piece of music playing in the background - Massive Attack's "Teardrop". I love that song, and the band :D

my family didnt help much either, my dad came in to my room just after it happened and said "he deserved it, he should have cleaned his gun" so i got even more upset and he laughed! evil man, and my sister was just calling me pathetic, my sister is possibly the most nasty, evil creature on the planet

When you watch *that episode* wibble, make sure you have a tissue box handy.
I might also add that this appears to be reflected in the amount of fans in this forum - forgive me if I'm wrong or others disagree, but I'm sure posting used to be at least more enthusiastic in here pre-season 4, and more people posted more frequently.
One member at talkcsi told me that she's almost afraid to come in to the Miami forum. She watches the show, but she doesn't think people here would like what she has to say. I told her she might be surprised at how many people agree with her ;)

OMG Those pictures are killing me guys........how beautiful is he? *sigh*
I think Rory is most beautiful as Speed, I wasn't so keen on his shaved head look.

Re: Lost Son - I wish I hadn't seen it, it heart wrenching. If you are planning on watching it for the 1st time, a box of tissues is required. The last time I watched I was hysterical, the only other times I've cried as much was

1) George Bests Funeral
2) Armageddon
3) The Last Friends Episode lol

The Miami forum is the least active of all the 3 shows isn't it? I was never here in the Speedle days :-( I was never a fan of CSI at all until last year.

It seems as of lately, the Miami forum is the least busy forum out of the four yes. (CSI, CSI:Miami, CSI:NY, GenCSI)

I keep hoping if our dear Speed ever comes back, then this place would light up. :lol:

wibble said
don't know whether it's the way it's been shot or the clothes he's wearing or the lighting or a combination of things, but I swear he's to die for in that scene wearing that shirt. You should've seen my face when I first saw it, lol. And I was so disappointed when the sequence cut to Calleigh in the lab - I was hoping it would be longer :(

:eek: I'm not the only one! That scene was so beautifully done, and our Speedy dearest looked very...Very good. :devil: Loved the song behind him too. (Although it was a little odd hearing the House theme behind Speedle :lol:)

That picture is to. Die. For.

speedleisshot said
my family didnt help much either, my dad came in to my room just after it happened and said "he deserved it, he should have cleaned his gun" so i got even more upset and he laughed! evil man, and my sister was just calling me pathetic, my sister is possibly the most nasty, evil creature on the planet

Oh don't worry, my family makes fun of me when I watch 'Lost Son' as well. I hate it when relatives say "Well it's his fault, he should have cleaned his gun." Well excuse us, we weren't expecting that to happen a SECOND time. :lol:

DragonflyDreamer said
One member at talkcsi told me that she's almost afraid to come in to the Miami forum. She watches the show, but she doesn't think people here would like what she has to say. I told her she might be surprised at how many people agree with her

We don't bite in here. ;) And you're right, we'd probably agree with a lot of the things she has to say. There isn't a lot of positivity around the Miami forum these days, with the exception of probably the Ryan thread. :lol:

But I don't know, we seem to be a pretty peaceful folk in the Speed thread as well. I mean come on. We have a SPEEDISM game. What could be more fun? :devil:

I might also add that this appears to be reflected in the amount of fans in this forum - forgive me if I'm wrong or others disagree, but I'm sure posting used to be at least more enthusiastic in here pre-season 4, and more people posted more frequently. I don't know what those who have also been a member here a long time think.
I'm afraid that you are right wibbs. :( I have posted here since August 2004 and Miami was a very busy, enthusiastic forum for the first year or so (when Season 3 was airing). Once Season 4 hit our screens, many fans were so disappointed with it, that they no longer had the desire to post here. It is a real shame, but the lack of quality on the show nowadays has definitely reduced the number of fans here.

I have a feeling, that if Speed returned, the Miami forum would explode... if not, than this thread, at least.

And speaking of Speedisms... since the poll is up and running, perhaps we can start looking for some more. The next episode is Just One Kiss. I actually went through an entire transcript, and this is all I came up with.

Speed: Ouch (okay, I know, it's not much... but it's really more of the look on his face when he says it)
Speed: You know what that means. Dig in.
Speed: It's weird how one kiss can turn into such a mess

Am I missing any, or shall we move on to Ashes to Ashes?

don't know whether it's the way it's been shot or the clothes he's wearing or the lighting or a combination of things, but I swear he's to die for in that scene wearing that shirt. You should've seen my face when I first saw it, lol. And I was so disappointed when the sequence cut to Calleigh in the lab - I was hoping it would be longer

you are definitely not the only one, hes just oozing with sexiness in that scene, and hes holding a camera which makes me swoon even more.

i wasn't at talkcsi when speed was still on, but i know form me i stopped watching miami after speed died, and didn't start watching again until last summer when they were airing reruns. and i was very surprised at how not like a csi show it was, the science took a bit of a back seat in my opinion. and it just seemed more like miami vice as opposed to csi: miami.

but i agree if they brought rory back, the rating would be rocketing, and they killed him off for the ratings they should bring him back for the rating too!

and awesome pictures everyone, could he be any more goodlooking?
best pic ever? i think maybe
ok, this is sexyness for sho

Well, my memory isn't that great on 'Just One Kiss' because it wasn't the erm...Best episode on the planet. *snore* But I'm sure there was something. :lol:

Basically, everything that Megan you mentioned, but there was that one scene at the beginning where Calleigh asks if they want to help her sift around the girl, and Speed says something along the lines of "You asked for the girl"...Or something. :lol: He was a real snot to her.

I'm pretty sure yours plus my bad memory with that scene is all there is....

If we're going for Ashes to Ashes, I have to go with:

Speed: The last time I was in church was when Kurt Cobain died.

:lol: God I love that line.

Ashley! You posted my absolute favorite picture of Speed! :D :D Loved 'Hurricane Anthony' and Speed's um...Soft stubble and spikey hair. *swoon*

oh my god i love that lone too! its my fave speedle line almost ever, and i just how they implied he was a nirvana fan cuz nirvana is awesome.

In Losing Face my fave comment would have to be:

"Lace on a rug. Well, shoot me if it ever comes to that."

it is funny until I think of what happened to him and then I get sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back