Speed/Rory #14: Speedism Preservation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i love that whole scene and the banter between him and calleigh, its like one of my fave scenes on miami ever, that and when ryan wolfe got shot in the eye, but this isn't the place to talk about that ha. oh and the stairs scene is great too, i love how he says 'no' all breathy and sorta high pitched its cute.

Horatio: It's not that easy is it?
Speed: *sigh* No. No, it's not.

:D Gotta love Speed.

That was one of the most precious scenes in CSI:Miami history. - Well one of the most interesting episodes as well. We got to see Speed act more like the big brother toward Wally, and in turn, Horatio acted as Speed's father-figure near the end of the episode. Quite a nice transition if you as me. :)

*sigh* Rory sooo deserved better material, and in that Wally one, when Speed was all big brother like, I was so tempted to hug the TV to, it was scary! :lol:

I wish he had had better lines/material or maybe more background, but he was always the one saying 'I'll get this back to the lab' or giving explanations, it really sucked.
Then, in the Wally ep when Speed was talking about him to I think Valara, and he said 'Who wants to be a forensic scientist?' and Valara said 'Oh i grew up wanting to, didn't you?' and Speed turns round and says 'this is just a paycheck' I was so annoyed at the writers because you can tell from how Speed works that its not just a paycheck, it was so ergh! :mad:

But on a lighter note, Rory was mondo hot in that ep! :lol:

~xJemmax~

Ah yes, I remember that scene. He was talking to Carrie Delgado in that episode. ;)

Speed: He's some kind of forensic junkie.
Delgado: Yeah there are a lot of those going around these days.
Speed: Yeah but who grows up wanting to be a criminalist?
Delgado: *looks down at table*
Speed: You're kidding.
Delgado: Hey I grew up watching Quincy, I mean you didn't?
Speed: This job, it's a paycheck. It's not my life.

*sigh* Come on Speedy. You know it's not just a paycheck or you wouldn't have wanted to be a cop. People don't just get up one day and say "I think I'll do this super dangerous job and almost die every week because I want that new plasma screen for the living room."

:p

I as well, wanted to hug the screen when Speed was being all brotherly to Wally. :D It was such a tender and cute moment. I think what Wally needed was someone like Speed. I mean, you can tell Wally didn't have friends or people who could support him socially. Speed had that secret annoyance toward Wally, but he's a very patient person which was what - I think - created so many great scenes between them.

Speed obviously loves his job, though he tries hard to hide it. The scene between him and Wally was just so sweet. Poor Wally. There were several time during that episode that I just wanted to hug Speedy.

Yeah, and then when he's at the scene and he's taking pictures of Wally, and H makes him go *sniffle8 Aww, man that was so sad! Yet really showed what Rory could do as an actor.

~xJemmax~

I believe that was the first time he got kicked out of a crime scene. :eek: I mean, he's Horatio's right hand man. That has never happened, especially since Horatio has an immense trust for Speed.

I thought it was a good idea to have him leave though, as Horatio could see Speed's judgement was already clouded when he assumed the bloody axe belonged to Danny Fisch. I did like how Horatio let him continue with the investigation though. Shows that he does trust him to do a good job given the circumstances.

Yeah, Im glad he did. It was sort of 'No, there's rules, and I don't want this investigation screwed, but I trust you, so you can still investigate'. *sigh* so lovely, thats has got to be one of my fave eppies from Miami, mainly because its Rory's ep, but also because you can see how much talent he has.

~xJemmax~

Oh I agree - Rory really shined brightly; it's unfortunate that we weren't given more episodes such as Wannabe.

And of course Speed loves his job - we all know beneath that rough and tough exterior, lies a heart of gold. He's a giant teddy bear.

For Horatio to let him continue to despite the circumstances shows how much respect he has for Speed.

Wannabe had to be one of the best episodes imo. :)

*sigh* I love Rory! *silly Grin* hehe, just thought I'd be fangirlie hehe! :p

Yeah, I wish we had had more eppies like Wannabe because 1)that would have rocked and 2) maybe Rory would have stayed?

hehe, giant teddy bear-bad images with that one! :devil: :p

Also, does anyone know what year Speed was born, and what year he *gulp* died? *shudder* Or, alternteivly, does anyone know how long Rory was on Miami? like what year he started and what year he finished?
Much appreciated!

~xJemmax~

Speed was born in 1973, and died 2004. (According to the CBS website) Rory, however was born in 1972. (Yep, useless information but oh well. It's interesting. :lol:)

Rory was on the show from 2002-2004. :)

I loved the father/son relationship Speed and Horatio had it was great chemistry between them and I think that's why it was so hard to watch "Lost Son" seeing Speed die in Horatio's arms it breaks me up everytime I see it because Horatio must have felt so helpless that he couldn't save Speed's life very tragic and well acted between David Caruso and Rory., I miss them working together they were my favourite pairing on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back