Sid Hammerback - The coroner with the coolest glasses.

Re: Sid Hammerback.

I love Hammerback. He's quite possibly my favorite medical examiner on CSI: NY, with the exception of Marty Pino. Because who doesn't love a flirtatious jersey-wearing ME? Peyton's okay too, but she doesn't hold a candle to Hammerback.

I'd love to see some character development to Hammerback. Some backstory, maybe.

Whoa, I had no idea that he's Canadian! Very cool. He may be from a different province then me but I still adore him.

Yeah, I was just gonna say I thought he was Canadian... :) I think he's a great actor

screamingpoet said:
I love Hammerback. He's quite possibly my favorite medical examiner on CSI: NY, with the exception of Marty Pino. Because who doesn't love a flirtatious jersey-wearing ME? Peyton's okay too, but she doesn't hold a candle to Hammerback.

I'd love to see some character development to Hammerback. Some backstory, maybe.

Me too! :) I think he's very under-used on the show and should get some more screentime. Everytime I see Robert's name in the opening credits I find myself waiting for the morgue scene so we get to see Hammerback! :)

I think hes a great character - so hilarious too! When hes going through his findings and then finds himself thinking about other stuff and going diversely off the subject of what he was originally discussing...he should have a lot more screen time.

Hammerback is the coolest ME in the CSI series, hands down. Like everyone else has been saying, Robert Joy is overdue for a credit in the main titles.

Yeah, but we have the whole Peyton Driscoll thing. You know, despite the whole fluffy bunny scene between her and Mac in "Silent Night", nothing has really been resolved. Everything is still the same. Nobody knows about them, he's still not ready for the same level of commitment Peyton is... *frown* I wish she'd leave him and get it over with.

I like Hammerback better. He's more involved than Peyton when it comes to the victims. I remember when he related one young girl to his daughter. Personally, I think that it's good when someone in that sort of business lets cases get to them once in a while.

I just sat through a film which is a great contender for 'worst film EVER' category - 'It's a Boy/Girl Thing'. However a plus side of the film was that it had Robert Joy in it! Weird seeing him out of his Hammerback role.

*pops head in* just wanna say that i love his glasses. i want a pair! And that i think he's fantastic in CSI:NY -- always brings a smile to my face :D

Laters_tigger_willows xoxo

I don't remember if I've ever seen another film or tv show with Robert Joy in it. All I know is that I love the man, and that I wish with all my heart he was made a series regular because he is so much better than Peyton. I do love Peyton's accent though. She is also an added dose of pretty. But Hammerback is TMI!love.

Wow,our favourite coroner got a big part on "The Ride In",it was really sweet that last scene with Stella...
So he's married and got 2 daughters,I thought he was divorced and got a lot of ex...
I hope they give him more screentime and make him a regular.

Sorry to be a total newbie and thread-interrupter, but yay! there's a sid thread! *does happy dance* okies, i'll shut up now and get back to being a ghost...

I thought that Sid was divorced and had a lot of ex's. Sort of like Wilson on House, M.D.. I knew he had a daughter, though. I really liked how he had such a big part in "The Ride-In." I really liked that episode. Not to mention that I love Sid.

I think I'll have to write him into my next fic or something. I wrote a Lindsay/Hammerback fic once, but that was a while ago. I've never really written him, you know?

^ We know he's got at least two ex-wives because it was mentioned in an episode (though I can't remember which one). Other than that, I'm glad they're giving him more screen time. Robert Joy is a really good actor and that last scene in Wednesday's episode proved it.

Back