Shrine of Archie-goodness

ohh.. i only know by the term "Olsen Twins"_ hehehe!!

is "When in Rome" a movie??
(and Archie's in it??)

sorry if i ask a lot..

Ugh, sorry I've been out for a couple days. Some wierd virus going around, plus the usual back drama...

Anyway, that little anecdote...One time on the set, Jorja asked Archie something technical having to do with computers and he had to explain to her that he didn't know the answer, that he didn't really know that much about computers. She expressed surprise, seeing as his character is quite the tech-wiz and he rattles off the terminology so fluently, and he said (and I really wish I could duplicate his tone of voice here)..."Jorja, it's a TV show!!" :lol: I thought that was classic...

I got an e-mail from him last night...he's been pretty busy lately, couple projects in I'll-tell-you-more-if-and-when-it-comes-through mode right now, just waiting to hear on those. And of course when Jerry (who I'll see next week) gets the "Fast Money" DVD ready for sale I'll let everyone know. Oh - any of you in the L.A. area, Jerry's gonna be interviewed on KPFK radio on Sunday afternoon (2:00 - 3:00).

Nice to see this thread so active! I'll get working on that meme for the PKO board and hopefully have it up tonight...

korbjaeger said:
Ugh, sorry I've been out for a couple days. Some wierd virus going around, plus the usual back drama...
I´m sorry to hear that. Hope it´s getting better soon!

Anyway, that little anecdote...One time on the set, Jorja asked Archie something technical having to do with computers and he had to explain to her that he didn't know the answer, that he didn't really know that much about computers. She expressed surprise, seeing as his character is quite the tech-wiz and he rattles off the terminology so fluently, and he said (and I really wish I could duplicate his tone of voice here)..."Jorja, it's a TV show!!" :lol: I thought that was classic...
That´s really cute! :lol: Where did you get that from? Is it from a behind-the-scenes interview?

I got an e-mail from him last night...he's been pretty busy lately, couple projects in I'll-tell-you-more-if-and-when-it-comes-through mode right now, just waiting to hear on those. And of course when Jerry (who I'll see next week) gets the "Fast Money" DVD ready for sale I'll let everyone know. Oh - any of you in the L.A. area, Jerry's gonna be interviewed on KPFK radio on Sunday afternoon (2:00 - 3:00).
As soon as the DVD´s on sale, I wanna buy it! You made a great promoting job! ;) :)

[/QUOTE]

Nice to see this thread so active! I'll get working on that meme for the PKO board and hopefully have it up tonight...
I´ll have a look right now, as I´ll be on a short Easter trip to Disneyland Paris, so I won´t be online the next 3 days. I wish you all some nice holidays! :D

Don´t worry, it´s not my rabbit - I´m a vegetarian! :)

I´m sorry to hear that. Hope it´s getting better soon!

Thanks, I am a lot better today, at least I can stand to sit up for more than a minute!!

That´s really cute! Where did you get that from? Is it from a behind-the-scenes interview?

No, he told me.

As soon as the DVD´s on sale, I wanna buy it! You made a great promoting job!

Thanks, I hope so! Jerry is an amazing talent, and as a director he drew the performance out of Archie that I knew he was capable of and really wanted everyone to see. They're a great match creatively. They've both mentioned wanting to do more projects together in the future, and I'm looking forward to those!!

I´ll have a look right now, as I´ll be on a short Easter trip to Disneyland Paris, so I won´t be online the next 3 days. I wish you all some nice holidays!

Have fun! "See you" next week! :cool:

^Oh I love his voice. Deep................. lol, *sorry, mind went blank :D *

Anyway, he's a SpeechCom major, right? I was *this* close to taking that as my major as well (non-Archie-related reasons of course haha) but I took Communication Research instead. *blaeah* Now, I'm shifting to Anthropology hahaa, can't make up me mind. :D

It's nice to know that they're real good friends behind the camera -- I believe that on-screen rapport is strengthened by real-life friendships amongst the actors.

I got an e-mail from him last night
*turns green :D * Hahaha, yeah, I got the Fast Money newsletter as well. Geez, I have to have my cousin by me the DVD lol.... :D

"When in Rome" a movie??
(and Archie's in it??)
Yuppers. He has a lot of screentime in there, not to mention behind-the-scenes clips in the credits :) . (In the Philippines) Astrovision carries the VCD.

Anyway, he's a SpeechCom major, right?

Yep, got his degree in that from George Mason University in 1992. (That's the university whose basketball team had the great performance and "Cinderella story" in the NCAA tournament last year.)

I was *this* close to taking that as my major as well (non-Archie-related reasons of course haha) but I took Communication Research instead. *blaeah* Now, I'm shifting to Anthropology hahaa, can't make up me mind.

Just make sure the desk jockeys get their part right. I switched majors from Music to Sports Medicine once I got to university (I'd been accepted at UCLA but couldn't afford to go...transferred from JuCo to a local university and their music dept. sucked...) and at some point they managed to lose my transcripts! After running all over the campus from department office to admissions/records to other department office I went back to A&R and told the guy what was going on and he made the mistake of saying "Well, what do you want me to do about it? It's not my problem." I looked him dead in the eye and said, "I tell you what - if you don't do something about it now - I will MAKE it your problem." Less than twenty minutes later, he magically found my file... :cool: Feel free to use what I said, if and when needed...

Hahaha, yeah, I got the Fast Money newsletter as well.

I got that too. I'm going to First Look on Tuesday (Archie told me he can't make that screening :( Busy boy!!) and to Project:Involve. I'm also gonna check out Jerry's interview on KPFK Sunday.

ARCH_angel said:
Yes, it´s a movie. You should have a look at Korbjaeger´s site pronounced kay-oh
You´ll find lots of infos and stuff about Archie!

ill take look at that thanks.. ;)

Annnd - she´s already met him. *envious*

*surprise look*
whoah!! :eek: lucky gal.. ;)

Yep, got his degree in that from George Mason University in 1992. (That's the university whose basketball team had the great performance and "Cinderella story" in the NCAA tournament last year.)
Yeah, I know the GMU through Hala Gorani, a news person at CNN. She's my fave second to Anderson Cooper hahah (I'm a news addict :D )

Just make sure the desk jockeys get their part right. I switched majors from Music to Sports Medicine once I got to university (I'd been accepted at UCLA but couldn't afford to go...transferred from JuCo to a local university and their music dept. sucked...) and at some point they managed to lose my transcripts! After running all over the campus from department office to admissions/records to other department office I went back to A&R and told the guy what was going on and he made the mistake of saying "Well, what do you want me to do about it? It's not my problem." I looked him dead in the eye and said, "I tell you what - if you don't do something about it now - I will MAKE it your problem." Less than twenty minutes later, he magically found my file... Feel free to use what I said, if and when needed...

Hahahha! Nice! Well, I actually lost about 10lbs running around my university (University of the Philippines) because of the shifting process. Haha, the MasCom building was on the other side of the campus. Hmmm.... I wonder if Archie had gone through similar horrors hahaha...

I got that too. I'm going to First Look on Tuesday (Archie told me he can't make that screening Busy boy!!) and to Project:Involve. I'm also gonna check out Jerry's interview on KPFK Sunday.
Aw... have fun! Say hi to him for us. :)

^Okay, will check on that.

Hey, I read on the Fast Money website that the festivals have traveled to Japan. I was wondering if it's swinging by the SouthEast Asia. We do have a fairly young indie/shortfilm industry and my university hosts such festivals for film makers and students. :D

Well, you should e-mail Jerry Chan the info about the festivals - who knows? Maybe he'll get it in to a festival close to you! :cool: I haven't heard about any other Asian screenings, but why not help him get another one happening?

^Yeah, I might just do that. But hmm, I'll try next week since that's the opening of summer classes over here (semester just ended lol). But if not, I have to wait until June -- that is if I'm going to approach my school about it.

I'll try looking outside my univ. :D

Back