Shrine of Archie-goodness

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by korbjaeger, Jan 1, 2002.

1. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Oh, I agree. :cool:

Check the spoiler thread about episode 20, entitled "When The Cat's Away". In short...

This episode focuses on the Lab Rats and views the case mainly from their perspective. Archie said he hopes they do more such episodes in the future...so do i!

2. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

^Ooooooohhh.... I'm with you there!

Yeah, it's about time they realize that these lab techs have become an integral part of the series. Heck, they even have their own extensive fanbases. Like this one hahahaha....

3. chaostheory08

I just want to share a conversation me and my classmate had earlier today.

Friend: Hey, remember Rashomama?
    Cate (that would be me lol): CSI:LV season6. Marriage episode.
    Friend: Yeah, you gushed about that coz of the SNICKers content. But hey, you know I love Archie, right?
    Cate: Correction. We LOVE Archie. Okay, shoot.
    Friend: All the evidence were contaminated that they had to re-collect and recollect right? But before they even got the Denali back, they had an idea who the perps might be, right?
    Cate: Yeah, the three girls.
    Friend: True. I suddenly realized that Archie actually cracked their case.

**And come to think of it... he did. Lol.

4. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Wouldn't be the first (or only) one our beloved AV-meister has solved for the team. "Gum Drops" comes to mind and I know there's others...

AK update: The movie that is to film in the Philippines is still on hold. Don't know if/when that's going to come through, but if it was promising enough for him to rearrange his "CSI" filming schedule it should be good.

On the other hand..."The Hills Have Eyes II" out here in the US this Friday. I've read some advance reviews by people who saw it via preview (just fans of the genre, not professional reviewers) and it's getting heavily panned, so be forewarned. In fact, the acting is getting bashed (not Archie specifically, just the cast overall) so I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm really bummed out by the idea of Archie's name even being connected with this film. I mean, if gratuitous blood, guts, rape and brutality is your cuppa, by all means, be the first in line. (I say this because mark my words, it's going to video HELLA fast.) If not...I dunno. I'm not going to sugar-coat it. By all accounts, this is a bloody, brutal, violent, disturbing movie. I'm even "on the fence" about seeing it even though I told him I would. (I saw the original "THHE" in the 70's and walked out about 30 minutes in...) But - for those less faint of heart than me, it's out here and the UK this weekend, and in Asia in about a month.

If you want to see Archie in a leading role, giving a performance that everyone I've heard state an opinion from private party to pro reviewer has raved about, that "Fast Money" DVD should be out next month. And when it does, trust me, I'll be pimping it here like crazy. :D The guy can seriously act his butt off. Now...anyone know Paul Haggis, Ridley Scott or Steven Spielberg well enough to sneak Archie's contact info onto their rolodex? :lol: The boy doesn't get enough respect, I tell ya...

5. ARCH_angel

ARCH_angel Dead on Arrival

Hi there!

Just want to let you know, that there are yet some other Archie-fans out there! E. g. from Germany. :)

@ Korbjaeger (nice nick by the way - Nowitzki fan? ;) )
    Thanks for giving us detailed informations ´bout his plans and wishes. I really enjoy reading your messages!

cu!

6. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

ARCH-angel - Ja, ich bin Nowitzki-fan - und du auch? :D

Glad to hear Archie has fans there in Deutschland! By the way, he was in a movie that was released there but seemingly nowhere else, called "Meine Tochter ist keine Mörderin" (in the US it was to have been called "My Daughter's Tears"). Have you heard anything about it? Just real curious! :cool:

7. ARCH_angel

Hallo!
    Da bin ich wieder! :D
    Natürlich stehe ich auch auf Dirk Nowitzki - wer guten Basketball mag, der steht auch auf Dirk ;)

Reading you nick it was the first thing that came into my mind that you must be a basketball fan. Glad I´m right! :)

I liked Archie from first sight. He´s just too adorable. In fact we only know him (sort of) from his roles, but with your explanations and informations on his character we now definately know, that he REALLY IS such a doll! Thanks!

Yes, I´ve read on the internet (cinema.de) that he´s played in a German tv-movie. I´m not sure, but I guess I´ve seen the beginning of it few yrs ago on Sunday television (3 p. m. or so) and switched to another programme ´cause I didn´t find it interesting enough. :eek: Sorry, at the time I didn´t know that he was playing in it. And... at the time I didn´t even know him! :rolleyes: I hope they´ll show this movie soon again.

In fact I´ll have to order his movies (I´d love to see "Local Boys") in the U. S. as most of them haven´t been published in Germany. :(
    And I can´t overbear myself (spelling?) to borrow (or even buy) a DVD with Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen. :lol:

And reg. THHNE2 - he´s young and he needs the money. What can we say? :lol:

Well, we´ll see. It´s late over here so I have to take a nap ;)

Really lookin forward to your reply! Cu!

8. chaostheory08

No worries. He'll enjoy his stay here. It's already summer over in our islands and it's scorching lemme tell you. A perfect time to go to the beach (which is probably 50% of the archipelago) or cooling off in the malls (approx 4 in any given city lol). <== I sound like a Tourism promoter hahah.

^You can tell Archie that. :D And hey, if he needs a tour guide or a SCUBA diving buddy -- I'm available hahahah.

9. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

ARCH_angel - I'm actually quite a fan of the German national team - not just Dirk, I also like Mithat Demirel and Pascal Roller quite a lot too! (And Patrick Femerling is great - and he makes me laugh with his interviews sometimes!) Saw the first round groups for Eurobasket this summer. Lithuania's the only team in that group I think will give Team Deutschland any trouble, and even they're not as strong as several years ago. Just hoping for Dirk and the guys to get their berth in the Olympics next year!!

Anyway...I was curious about the movie I mentioned because in an old interview, Archie had specifically mentioned it as a movie he enjoyed doing. Man, oh man would I love to see it...

Yeah, I sort of had to grit my teeth for renting the Olsen sisters movie, but I was rewarded for my determination since Archie has quite a lot of screen time in it.

I agree with you about THHE2 - it's like a basketball team (like the Mavericks ;) ). You're playing great and rolling over the rest of the league - and suddenly you get stomped by the Golden State Warriors! :eek: You sort of have to shake it off and go focus for the next game. My husband said it'll be best if he puts this behind him quickly and gets involved in another, better movie. Me, as far as seeing it, to me it's like one of your good friends is going out on an arranged date with a guy you know is a total loser. Do you tag along trying to be supportive, or stay home because you just can't bear to watch the debacle? I'm still on the fence...

Just out of curiosity when (what movie/TV show) first brought Archie to your attention? Also, have you checked out Pronounced "kay-oh" yet? :cool:

10. chaostheory08

^The first sighting that got me into Archie was really *points to avatar and username* -- Chaos Theory, CSI season 2. Like I said before, he looked like a Japanese drama/soap opera star in a show called "Starting Over" (yeah, the Beatle's song). Me and my mom loved that show.

Then we saw Archie.... gawd! If I were to see him every time I watch CSI, then I would be a happy little Asian girl hahahah....

The later, I realized that my brother has seen him before. PRLG haha. I'm a fan of the original US version (Mighty Morphin' PR) but I kind of outgrew it. My brother said out of he blue, "Oh Ate (big sister in Filipino), he's Kai Chen if I'm not mistaken. He's the one I've been telling you so long about."

11. ARCH_angel

Well, I love watching basketball games, but they don´t show the games on regular tv in Germany. You´ve to get a special sports channel to watch it. The most popular sport over here is soccer. Soccer player are treated as gods! I´ve read that Archie´s a devoted soccer player. I´m not so into soccer. I prefer basketball or icehockey. The bloody sport :lol:

I can´t remember much of the film – it´s too long ago. I just think that I´ve seen the beginning as the plot sounded so familiar. Maybe it get´s repeated sometime. I´d record it and you would get a copy.
    Oh noooooo: I just had the idea to start a search on google and guess what! The movie has been repeated on 6th February!! What a bummer! :( :(
    But Archie´s part must have been really small. He´s not mentioned anywhere.

Yep, I´ve seen the screen caps you did from this movie. It looks... funny. Esp. his hair! :lol: Anyway, I´ll have a look at my video store – maybe I can borrow the DVD? I´ll tell ya.

Hey, that´s a really good example! I can sympathize with that! ;)
    IMHO it´s a pity that he has to play in such movies. But if you have a look at the movies most celebrity actors had played in, you´ll find a lot of such b-movies. And c-movies ;)
    I guess he´d chosen it too because of the money – he needs to get his hands on the money as everyone of us has to. And he won´t get as much for his role as AJ on CSI as the other actors; e. g. George Eads or Eric Szmanda.
    On the other hand, I think his management suggested him to play in it, as Michael Weisz is a well-known director and so there are some familiar movies on his list when he applies for another well-known movie next time. They´ll say "Hey, he played on "XXX" and "XXX", so he has learned a lot while playing in these movies". And his chances for bigger parts will grow. Well, at least that´s what I think. :)

Pfff. That´s a tough one! It was definately on CSI – last year. First I recognized George Eads... because of the shampoo ad he did last year. :D
    And by chance there was a scene with Archie and (as I said before) I liked him from first sight. First of all I noticed his smile. He has a really cute smile - quite boyish. I love that! :cool:
    They showed many repeats at the time, so I had the chance to record quite a lot of sequels from episode 1-5. The channel has changed last year and now they show 1 episode of Season 6 and afterwards 1 episode of Season 4 every Thursday. Right now "Fur and loathing" is on – sadly no Archie, but a really goodlooking George.
    I have a slight liability to Asians :D Don´t ask me why. I´m tall and blond – more the nordic type of girl. Btw I´m a huge fan of Jackie Chan too (he´s soo amazing) and I also like Chow Yun-Fat and Jet Li. Of course Keanu too (who´s hawaiian/english). But Archie´s somehow special. :)
    Btw. I had a Japanese boy in my class on elementary school – I still can remember his name (Nico) and how he looked like. Usually my brain´s not that good. :D And I´ve always thought about adopting a Chinese girl. So... *shruggs*

And, of course, I know "Pronounced kay-oh" quite well. :) You do a great job! I love all the screencaps! :D
    Archie must be really proud about this/his site!

12. ARCH_angel

Hi chaostheory8!
    The Philippines must be a great place to stay and for shooting a movie! Some colleagues and friends of mine have been there for holidays and they were totally thrilled about the nice and friendly people and the beauty of this country.
    You´re a lucky girl!
    And Archie will be a lucky guy to get the chance shooting there!
    Ahhh... all those lucky people! And what about me?! :rolleyes:

13. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Yeah, the soccer World Cup was over there last year, wasn't it? I played a little bit in school, but there were no women's soccer teams at the colleges I attended. Southern California, 1970's...it wasn't "big". Of course, since Brandy Chastain and Mia Hamm worked their magic, I think it's changed a lot!

He is on the IMDb page for the movie. If I remember from an old interview, he said it was a significant part, if not a big one. Thanks for the offer, by the way!!

"Purpose" and "Local Boys" were easy to find, at least here. "The One" is a great movie - Archie's role is pretty small and only in the first 20 minutes or so of the movie, but it's a good all-around movie!

I can only hope it will work out that way. The movie itself is getting such horrible advance reviews that I'm hoping something good will come of it...but not holding my breath...

As for me, I got to notice him gradually since he joined the "CSI" cast in the second season (I've been a fan of the show all along). Then I saw his performance on "ER" in 2004 and didn't quite put it together until the next time I saw him on "CSI" and it was like "Hey! It's THAT dude!!" :lol: His performance on "ER" was incredible! So I knew he had the potential to be an amazing actor, and when I saw "Fast Money" - that was it. The guy is just such a talent!!

It's funny, the first guy I had a major crush on in junior high was Japanese-American... :D

Thanks! :cool: Yeah, he's real happy with it, which makes me feel good. And it's a fun site to work on!

14. ARCH_angel

Just read that there are still negotiations going on between some cast members and CBS for Season 8.

@korbjaeger
    did you hear any news from Archie about S8? Will he be back and perhaps with more air-time?
    That would be awesome! :)

15. chaostheory08

ARCH_angel -- yeah, the Philippines is a beautiful country (I wish I could say the same for our government lol). We're in the tropics and we have fantastic mountains and beaches.

Oh I'm sure Archie'll LOVE it here. :D

Lol, I'm a bit biased on Asians because I'm Asian myself. My Mom has Chinese blood and I do speak and understand shopping Mandarin haha, enough to have me survive at Chinatown shopping :D.

Then again, Chinese are so-called 'oriental' Asians and I'm more of the 'Malayan' Asian. :) (okay, better stop this Anthro lesson haha)