Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really glad to see Metcalf, Bobby D. Sara, Mandy, etc back. I am a bit disapointed to not see Sofia here, but oh well.

I think that for the Crimelab, it's partially about the area your degree is in, and also partly your seniority in the Lab. Catherine is a CSI 3, she has the most seniority and experience.

Also, who else there has an advanced Degree? IIRC Catherene's is a BS in Medical Technology, which fits in with the CSI/Blood Spatter. Warrick is gone, Sara is gone, Grissom will be gone, Greg doesn't have the seniority, even if he does have an MS. Catherine and Nick are the logical choices.

My one hope is that all of the other ensemble characters will get their time to shine. Especially Greg, Brass, Doc Robbins, and Super Dave. They've been there from the beginning, so they deserve to shine.

Is Tina Brewster the same Tina that Warrick married? Why wouldn't her last name be Brown? Did the divorce already get finalized a while back and was just one of those blink and you'll miss it things?

Seeing that there's a minister on this ep, that most likely means that there is a funeral for Warrick.

As for the news of Cath supervising and Nick assisting, I'm so elated! Yay! I reiterate what was already said: Finally a female superviser! Woo-hoo! Cath and Nick both deserve this! And I just hope Greg is bumped up to CSI 2.

Does anyone know if Riley is gonna be a CSI entry level or if she's transferring from somewhere else and is a higher level?

Smokey, you may be on to something about Fishburne being like Keppler and not being on full time. I was just saying to my Dad on the phone earlier tonight that I think that this whole LF thing is just to get people to keep watching and to help try to ease the fears from WP's departure or whatever and that LF probably won't end up being a full time character.

I'm still confused about the whole Chris Owens thing though.

Last edited:
And besides, degrees don't always make the person. Catherine has the years and experience behind her and has shown that she can supervise the team.

And yes, this would happen in real life. Advance degrees are not required to be in a management position. I know because I am a manager and I don't have a degree.

OT: I'm sorry, but most degrees are not all that they're cracked up to be. I worked with someone who had a masters and she was about the worst employee I've ever seen. No brains whatsoever, don't know how she got a masters. Now I'm not talking about medical, law, etc. type of degrees.

Now back on topic: Now I can see Nick being a leader to Greg, he already kind of is. Personally, I'm going to enjoy Catherine and Nick leading this "Professor" around. It could be very interesting and lets see how many times Catherine and Nick butt heads. Because I so know he wanted to say something to her in "ReDrum".

Ooh lots of new spoiler goodness. Well that interview with LF, CM, and NS made me feel a bit better about the future with him on the show. I am glad LF perspective is on the Show itself and not him being on the show.

Why does Riley have to have some deep secrets? Can't a person just come on the show and be normal? :lol:

I just hope that her secrets won't overshadow everyone else (especially Greg) ;)

But she sounds like a nice girl. We'll see ...

I'm really rather looking forward now that it's set that LF will be in it.

I do too. I am usually really good about accepting change. Just as long as they do not leave my existing favorites out of the loop.

I'm just glad she isn't there to be anyone's romantic liason..I had enough of that with the GSR over the years.

I mean I like character drama, but don't let the show become about the character drama. That's all.

:( Those promotional pictures I saw from the episode For Warrick :( Those are some of the saddest things I've ever seen, but if Grissom's the one that finds him ... ughh, it would have been so much greater if Nick found him, more logical if you think about it as well since everyone else was gone and Nick was still in the restaurant.

Ok, the fact that LF's character starts off as an CSI1, has me a little worried. I'm sure they wouldn't just demote Nick after him and Catherine have a good job at taking over. So I'm worried that Season 10 something might happen to Nick :( Most likely nothing will happen, since he's said in the past that he'd stay on the show, but that's the first thought that ran through my head.

Last edited:
WOOHOO!! That makes me happy too, that Catherine and Nick get to take the reigns.

Well maybe Fishburne signed a contract that paid well, but overall it gives him some freedom to do other projects. Maybe that is the only way they could get him. In any case it still brings his big name to the show...even if it is not in a huge presence type of way.

That is great news... Very good news, over the last few weeks I've been a very big douting thomas.

But that is good, yeah i agree, he's face will be on the tv, but free's him to do other things. I was worried that Fishburne's character would be a bad replacment for Grissom, but as he's gonna be level 1. Then no.

Good for Willows and Stokes.... :adore: :luvlove:

SO Catherine in charge and Nick her right hand man, that is the way it should be. I feel so much better knowing that TPTB haven't completely lost their minds.

SO Catherine in charge and Nick her right hand man, that is the way it should be. I feel so much better knowing that TPTB haven't completely lost their minds.

:guffaw:BWHAHA! Too funny! I completely agree. TPTB finally got their grip on reality. Hopefully they hold on tight and keep it positive. I'm suprised because most of the shows on CBS, (excluding Ghost Whisperer and Cold Case) are always led by males. So having a female in charge is definately a change!

:(
Ok, the fact that LF's character starts off as an CSI1, has me a little worried. I'm sure they wouldn't just demote Nick after him and Catherine have a good job at taking over. So I'm worried that Season 10 something might happen to Nick :( Most likely nothing will happen, since he's said in the past that he'd stay on the show, but that's the first thought that ran through my head.

Why would this mean demoting Nick or something happening to him?

From what I hear, George has signed on for at least two years, so Nick isn't going anywhere unless they plan to have him in a severe accident and comatose for the next two seasons.

Will he have challenges as Cat's right hands, I hope so. I think it will very interesting to watch the two of them together. They're almost like a married couple now.

I'm interested in seeing how Warrick's death will affect their relationship. Will they grow closer (friendship wise) or will it be too hard to be around one another because each is a reminder of Warrick. They were both his best friends. Hopefully, the jobs they have will help in refocusing their grief on other matters.

Some people use their jobs to channel their angst. Nick and Catherine are those kind of people.

I just hope they don't start having the two of them develop a romantic relationship-no offense, but it would be too stereotypical.

Having said that, Catherine being older then Nick-I'd tip my hat to her if she did get down and out with Nicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back