Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ummm, Catherine and Nick already got down and out with each other, we just never saw it. :devil: Well, if you don't count that pic, that is.

You made some good points for sure. I'm really looking forward to Cat and Nick taking charge.

It will also be interesting to see how everyone reacts to Riley. Oh, I can so see her getting on Catherine's nerves. Now if that happens will Nick be the referee or will Riley get on his nerves too? Hmmmm....

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

If they didn't show it, it didn't happen. :lol:

From the plots of some of the upcoming episodes, it seems like Nick is working okay with Riley. But who knows?

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah probably because he will be the only one who will have patience with her.

Like I said, no 'romantic liason' with him and Riley..

Yeah, I was hoping that they'd rekindle that romantic pic with Nick and Catherine, damn...that was a hot photo!!!

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I disagree that Nick would be the only one to have patience with Riley. I think Greg's a pretty easy-going, patient guy too. And the way that article described Riley (minus the dark secret), she actually sounds somewhat like a female version of Greg. :lol:

Nah, I wouldn't want Nick with Riley, but if she's a redhead, you know that's where they're most likely going to go. :lol: Nicky supposedly likes redheads, right? Even though he's never had one on the show (excluding his prom date and that waitress) every girl they've shown him with hasn't been redheaded. There was a blonde (in the John Mayer ep) and Kristy was a brunette.

What's this Nick/Cath pic everyone's talking about?

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ In TPTB's original plan 8, 9 years back, Catherine and Nick was the real canon couple lol. They even shot one scene of them making out for the pilot but later decided it didn't fit and had it cut. A pic from that scene was published in TV Guide, and man that was hot. :lol: Although I'm pretty okay with almost every ship involving Catherine, I don't think I'd want to see any of them become canon on the show. IMO shipping off the show is one thing, but having canon ships is a whole different story. Not to mention that Catherine has mentioned (not only once but several times) that she isn't for office romance. We have seen how TPTB are capable of handling such storylines...they're not. So I hope by waving goodbye to GSR, they'll have CSI return to the great forensic show with just a little touch of personal matters every once in a while that it used to be.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That is so great about the new news and who's taking over, but that is down the line after some cast leave, but some of the fans are looking forward to the 9x01 episode "For Warrick" which is coming up soon! and what happens, and our girl Sara is returning! [so great] it's strange that if Nick called 911, that Grissom arrived before they did:confused: so I'm curious to see how this is played out. A few new tid-bits have surfaced! and also, who will be the one who gets the goods on that rat McKeen? Brass perhaps, Grissom or another CSI?

http://www.csifanatic.com/

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

* Episode 5 will feature the return of dominatrix Lady Heather (Melinda Clarke). “Grissom spends the night,” Shankar said. “I’m not saying what he’s doing there overnight. Let me tell you, it’ll be by far the most provocative Lady Heather episode we’ve ever done.”
    * Episode 7 will revolve around Natalie, the Miniature Killer.
    * For the 200th episode, director William Friedkin is coming back to direct an episode of the show.
    * Jorja Fox is back as Sara Sidle in the first two episodes, and she’ll be back for several episodes later in the season.

* Petersen will remain an executive producer on the show and “if [a] story line creatively needs Grissom then he’s totally willing to come back and do it,” Shankar said.

Those are probably old as dirt :lol: but yay! Lady Heather!

8. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Count me in as one of the ones who don't want Catherine/Nick going canon. It just seems OOC for the both of them. Catherine and Nick have both expressed their aversion to dating someone from work. Catherine in "TGtBatD" and Nick in "Leapin' Lizards."

Given TPTB's track record with writing romance, I shudder to think of what they'd do with that. I know that it was one of the intents to have them together In Canon, but....yeah, I'm glad they dropped it.

In that cast list, they still list Gary Dourdan as a series regular :confused: I thought he was just coming back as a guest star.:confused::confused:

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Oh I know, I watch the show because I like shows like that, It's suppose to be a drama, having romance may please some but it takes away from how great the show is. I like Lady Heather, but I don't care to see her with Grissom, she's just such an intriguing character.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I
    ITA-I'm totally ready for CSI to go back to the crime show element of it.

In terms of personal storylines. I'm done with the shipping because GSR just burnt me out.

Now I am interested in seeing a bit of drama in terms of the fall out of Warrick's death and how that affects the team-more so in how they deal with the grief of their friend. It doesn't have to take away from the show, but every so often seeing a reflective moment of the characters.

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I couldn't agree more. It is a procedural drama and should stay as such. :thumbsup:They should stick to what made the show famous 9 years ago which is the crazy story lines, the intriguing cases and everything in between.

Although Cath and Nick are my favorite characters, seeing them together would put a sour taste in not only my mouth, but alot of fans mouths as well. :p I just hope they don't ruin the show like Chris Carter did to the X-Files. You know, by having two of the main characters get together? Lame and overused if you ask me. :rolleyes:Not to mention a major cop-out. It's easy to write charcters together and then just justify it later. So many shows have done it before and I just hope TPTB for CSI don't pull that card.

12. Desertwind

[​IMG] to me, I just recieved an e-mail from DAVID RAMBO, I'm so stoked and thrilled, that he took the time to get back to a passionate fan, knowing how busy he is:thumbsup: I had e-mailed him on Aug.7 and he just got back to me, I asked him how many episodes that Jorja would be in, S/9, & any details about "For Warrick" this was his reply!

Dear..my name
    I wished I could tell you how many episodes Jorja Fox will be in during S/9, but at this point I can't. I can tell you that I've seen the season premiere, & it's great to have Jorja back with the team, even under the circumstances of the story. It's a fantastic episode!
    Sincerely, David Rambo

My hero!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rambo

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Is this a spoiler desertwind? We already know that Jorja is back on the show. Maybe you should have shared it with the appropriate thread.

14. Desertwind

Well, none of us have seen the episode but he was sharing his opinion of the "For Warrick" 9x01, so that would be a YES, and I'm so over the moon, that he's seen it, and telling us how it was fantastic, beings he's a writer for CSI, his opinion is paramount! he didn't have to say anything! so I'm looking forward to it more than ever, and what the circumstances will be:bolian:and so thrilled that he took the time to respond to a hugh fan!

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I don't think that David Rambo's opinion on the episode makes it a spoiler. His opinion will not actually be in the episode and doesn't effect it one way or another.

Now as for Nick/Cath, I really don't see that ship happening. If they didn't play it out when the originally planned too, I don't think they will now.

But I'm glad that they will be the ones leading the team. Maybe we'll see some friction between the two at times.

And how they'll deal with LF character who, in a sense, will sorta be their equal. Not meaning his CSI level.

Riley, however, well be interesting too. It'll be interesting to see how her and Greg mesh. Hmmm, they'll ship those two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.