Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Grissom gone, Willows (Marg Helgenberger) will be supervising the team, with assistance from "CSI3" (senior CSI) Nick Stokes (George Eads). Fishburne's character will be joining the team as a "CSI1" (baby CSI). As Carol put it, "[Willows and Stokes] are the natural people to lead the team."

Yea, because they are the natural people to lead the team.

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!
yahoo.gif

On the other hand....why would Fishburne join the show if he's not going to be the major player??

WOOHOO!! That makes me happy too, that Catherine and Nick get to take the reigns.

Well maybe Fishburne signed a contract that paid well, but overall it gives him some freedom to do other projects. Maybe that is the only way they could get him. In any case it still brings his big name to the show...even if it is not in a huge presence type of way.

OMG, that is so awesome. Finally a female supervisor!! :thumbsup: And Nick stepping up isn't that bad either!! ;)

Maybe it's like with Keppler, Fishburne only appearing in every other episode ... And how awesome is it that Greg's his "superior"! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

AMEN to that! It's about time Cath get the recognition and the advancement she deserves.
The same goes for Nicky :thumbsup:
Nicky NEEDS something good in his CSI career. If I were him, I would have quit a long time ago... :wtf:

Ok - just saw this for episode 1. Sorry if this is duplicate info.

"For Warrick" - The CSI team comes together after Warrick is shot in a Las Vegas alleyway, on the ninth season premiere of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Thursday, Oct. 9 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Jorja Fox reprises her role as Sara Sidle

SERIES REGULARS:
Gil Grissom............................ William Petersen
Catherine Willows.............. Marg Helgenberger
Warrick Brown.......................... Gary Dourdan
Nick Stokes................................ George Eads
Captain Jim Brass....................... Paul Guilfoyle
Greg Sanders.............................. Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins......................... Robert David Hall
Hodges................................ Wallace Langham
David Phillips............................. David Berman

RECURRING CAST:
Wendy Simms................................. Liz Vassey
Conrad Ecklie................................ Marc Vann
Archie Johnson.............................. Archie Kao

GUEST CAST:
Sara Sidle......................................... Jorja Fox
Bobby Dawson.................. Gerald McCullouch
Mandy Webster.................... Sheeri Rappaport
Henry Andrews............................. Jon Wellner
Undersheriff McKeen............. Conor O'Farrell
Office Mitchell............................ Larry Mitchell
Tina Brewster............................. Meta Golding
Officer Metcalf................. Joseph Patrick Kelly
Officer Devlin............................ DeLon Howell
Daniel Pritchard.................. David Gianopoulos
Minister................................ Thom Gossom Jr.

STORY BY: Carol Mendelsohn, one of the series' executive producers
TELEPLAY BY: Allen MacDonald and Richard J. Lewis
DIRECTED BY: Richard J. Lewis

Tina Brewster............................. Meta Golding

So Warrick's wife/ex will be in the episode. Hmmm...same actress, but she was listed as "Tina Brown" in her other episodes.

Ohhh....as much as I look forward to the resolution of this, I'll be glad when they move on. This is going to be so hard to watch!

Wow, I'm glad Nick is an Assitance to Catherine. Only Catherine don't act too bossy, I'll be happy for her, but I don't she will have to time to act bossy. Nick and Catherine will still be grieving for Warrick.

Tina is back, I guess she have to, because Warrick is still her husband, they haven't got their divorce finale. I haven't seen her since sixth season and on the phone too.

I'm so glad that Fishburne will not be "replacing" Grissom. I'm happy they are making a new character and that he's starting at the bottom. My fears about the original cast being pushed aside are gone. :)

Hmm...in that cast listing for episode 1, there's a minister listed. I'm guessing that means we'll be seeing part of Warrick's funeral...:(

And for us Nick fans, I also see the waitress is not listed.
biggrinn.gif

I hope that means she won't be the girlfriend and we've seen the last of her. :p

Good catch, Speedy! :thumbsup:

Ugh. A funeral. This is so awful!!!

ETA: Found a few things on the MSNBC entertainment page:

>>>Fishburne’s character has a deep connection to his work: His genetic profile has been identified in serial killers, CBS programming chief Nina Tassler said before Fishburne’s casting was announced but as rumors swirled.

“This gentleman knows this about himself and is ... in this journey to discover who his true character will ultimately become,” Tassler said last month — but he’s keeping the crucial information to himself.<<<

Think maybe, like Keppler, he won't be around forever??

>>>Producers have been mum about upcoming plot points. But they said Petersen’s character, Gil Grissom, will be reappraising his life after years of high-tech forensics investigations with the Las Vegas Police Department and after facing personal turmoil.<<<

Last edited:
Oooh wow !! My girl Mandy is in the show.

Comforting Nick!!!

Little red headed waitress is gone..yeeahh..she was so WRONG for him.

Oh god a funeral!! Okayk, I'm getting my tissues ready for that one.. I'm so sad that Warrick gone.

Catherine has what, a bachelor's degree from UNLV? How is she qualified to be a supervisor over those who have more advanced degrees? Or is that even a requirement? No big thing, except that it probably wouldn't happen in real life.

It's going to take some getting used to in order to watch Nick boss Greg around. I mean, I understand it. He's senior and all to Greg, but they've always been more friends than anything else. It's going to be kind of awkward watching that.

Changes, changes all around, and not one mention of Greg. If we're lucky we'll get to see his shadow in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back