Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it doesn't happen. That would mean watching an episode of a show I detest.

Well it would be worth it if Nick or Greg imitated Caine with his sunglasses. They would both stand behind him mimicking him until Catherine or Riley kick them.:devil::lol:

Thank's Dizzney fabulous article, really interesting and tells things that fans want to know, thank's again:bolian:So Billy Petersen is returning down the line and I knew he would! He stayed on as ex. producer, and why would he unless he was going to have a 'guest spot' eventually!

Last edited:
I like when they asked if Billy would write any eps and Naren said some of the producers would like to torture him with that responsibility. :guffaw:

Uh,,,not I don't want Billy writing any episodes of CSI. I'm happy with him making a guest appearance and then thats it.

Now are we going to get a Lab Rat episode.

Thanks.

That was a great article, thanks Dizz. Some interesting information, like LF wanting to stick around after his contract is up - that's a good sign. We now know Grissom will not be back this season but may sometime in the future. Plus CM loves the chemistry between Greg and Riley - so do I, not in a romanctic capacity just that they work so well together.

I too agree that there is great chemistry between Greg and Riley and as well, not necessarily in a romantic way either. They play superbly off one another with just the right amount of difference in personality, if that makes any sense. (LOL, it sounds so much better and much more convincing in my head)

Personally, I think Greg's character is much more entertaining and fun to watch when he has someone to play off of. You get to see hints of the humor that was once thought to be lost. And with Nick now stepping up in a more authoritative type role, we probably won't see that quite the same or as often between the two.

Anyway, thanks Dizz for the article. :)

I too agree that there is great chemistry between Greg and Riley and as well, not necessarily in a romantic way either. They play superbly off one another with just the right amount of difference in personality, if that makes any sense. (LOL, it sounds so much better and much more convincing in my head)

Personally, I think Greg's character is much more entertaining and fun to watch when he has someone to play off of. You get to see hints of the humor that was once thought to be lost. And with Nick now stepping up in a more authoritative type role, we probably won't see that quite the same or as often between the two.

Anyway, thanks Dizz for the article. :)

Which is fine, I never was one for the Nick and Greg scenes, but I really enjoy watching Riley and Greg because she tends to shock him a lot with the stuff that comes out of her mouth.

Aww...takes a Canadian to do that!

As much as I like Greg and Riley's interaction, I don't want them to always be teamed up only with each other. That'll get old really fast. It got old when they did it with Sara as much as I liked Greg and Sara's interaction. I think they need to mix it up a bit. And they did that several eps this season. Nick and Greg worked cases together, Nick and Riley, Riley and Cath, Cath and Greg, etc. I still want to see more interaction between Greg and Ray though. Ray's almost always only teamed with Cath or Nick. He's only had a few scenes with the others except for Doc.

Personally, I don't think anything Riley says shocks Greg. :lol: I think mostly he just thinks she reminds him of the things he used to say when he was younger. :lol: What's great about their scenes is that they can banter back and forth and its almost like the things they say are an inside joke that only they understand. :lol: It's an interesting dynamic.

I do like Greg and Riley's interaction whether it be friendly or romantic (doesn't matter to me which, I'm for either one frankly), but I also enjoy the friendships between the guys. I liked Nick and Warrick's friendship and I liked Nick and Greg's friendship and I liked the friendship between the three guys as well. I loved how Warrick treated Greg like a little brother, showing him the ropes and all on his first assignment, telling him whats appropriate to wear to work, etc. That was one of my favorite scenes. I also loved the scene where Greg teased Nick about Kristy. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had started chanting: "Nicky's got a girlfriend" :lol: It was just a funny scene. The friendship between the guys of CSI reminds me a lot of the friendship the guys on 21 Jump Street had. Especially Mac, Doug and Joey. I know Doug and Joey were actually brothers, but still the three of them had a nice friendship and the one between Nick, Warrick and Greg always reminds of that ( :sigh: I miss Jump Street lol ). I will always miss Nick and Warrick's friendship as well Greg and Warrick's friendship and even Jim and Gil's friendship and Doc and Gil's friendship. I loved the scene between Gil and Jim where Jim says "so, I hear you're moving on". It was a very nice scene. And Griss telling Doc he'll have someone new to tell jokes to and Doc saying "I like the old guy just fine". :lol:

However, I want to see more friendship scenes between the women on the show. I never really felt that too much. I mean Cath and Sara were sometimes friendly to each other, but a lot of times they clashed. The writers spent a lot of time developing friendships between the guys and so much so that at times it was like watching a buddy comedy (not necessarily a bad thing, mind you), but they spent very little time developing friendships between the female characters. I would love to see Wendy and Riley and Mandy being friends like Greg, Warrick and Nick were.

By the way, what's wrong with the idea of Billy writing an episode? I think it could be neat if he was up for it. Who knows though, he may not have any interest in it. Think about it this way: Billy ad-libbed or changed the line Griss was supposed to say to Nick before he left in order to make the line more personal and involved instead of sounding like more of a brush off like the original writers had it set as. If he'd do that then maybe if he wrote an episode he would have Grissom finally tell Nick how proud he is of him and all of that. :)

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly about the Greg-Riley interaction. They make a great team, and I absolutely love how Riley brings out the humor in Greg. I also agree that some friendship between the women of the show would be nice. I definitely look forward to whenever it is that Wendy will be added to the main cast.

One thing -- someone said Langston taught at WLBU, which is definitely not a university. tsk tsk. Bad journalism. :shifty:

One thing -- someone said Langston taught at WLBU, which is definitely not a university. tsk tsk. Bad journalism. :shifty:

I'm thinking that is poor proofing, cause he probably teaches at WLVU. Western Las Vegas University and since the 'B' is next to the 'V', well probably a typo.

But you're right, bad jounalism cause the article should've been proof read.

I'm thinking that is poor proofing, cause he probably teaches at WLVU. Western Las Vegas University and since the 'B' is next to the 'V', well probably a typo.

Haha! that's a minor error compared to the Miami commercial CBS sometimes plays where they spelled Eric Delko's first name with a K :lol:

Haha! that's a minor error compared to the Miami commercial CBS sometimes plays where they spelled Eric Delko's first name with a K :lol:

But maybe they changed it because they don't know whether they can use it or not:confused:?

Just guessing folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back