Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Agreed to the above. CSI is Crime Scene Investigation. It's not a primetime soap opera. The crimes and storylines in the show is what hooked viewers in the first place. Not the romance or presumed, forced romances of which CSI has become accustomed to.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You can have personal storylines without romance.

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah, but TPTB don't know where to draw the line in the sand. But, originally, I think most fans were drawn in by the cases. Simply because of the fact that no personal information had really been laid out at the beginning.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The stars on this show are not robots nor zombies, their real people, and they need a personal life beyond DNA, blood and guts or they'll all land up in the looney bin with Natalie, she had NO life and that's what happened to her:vulcan:. The riveting cases are of paramount importance, but it spices up the show to have a little romance no matter who it is. CSI/NY and Miami all have love interests , and their fans are estatic, so why can't this happen here as well? 30 seconds or so, of two CSI's getting close hardly constitutes a soap arena:eek:

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yes. I just said. Personal lives are a must. But when they consume the show, that is when it turns into a soap arena..or opera. Or whatever you want to call it. I'm just saying my opinion. I like the personal aspect, but when they focus too much on certain characters personal lives over others, it's unfair. That's all I'm saying. As much as I like Riley and Greg, I think a brother/sister dynamic is way cute. They remind me of Nick and Cath.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Trouble was, as I said on another thread 3/4 of the personal storyline pie were for Grissom and Sara and what was left went to the others.

No romance is necessary, just a little more info on the others besides Grissom and Sara and with all due respect, Catherine.

We hardly know anything about Nick or Greg and we only got a glimpse of Warrick AFTER HE DIED. What kind of crock is that.

And when TPTB announced the storylines would get more personal, they left out the fact that it was exclusively Grissom and Sara. It's like they forget there's other characters.

Lord I wish there were more spoilers so we can stay on topic.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I wish we knew more about Greg, he gets shafted the most, and i love his character. Him and Grissom working together had to be my favorite character interactions. Nick has had a lot of episodes for him, but we don't know anything about him really.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Here's the link to next week's promo from cbs (longer promo than we saw tonight): "Say Uncle".

If one of the CSIs is shot (even if it non-life threatening) and it's someone besides Nick, maybe this will be the ep where Nick will crack a little. Seeing another one of his friends being shot might just be the last straw before the breakdown.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Awww..it won't let me..can..someone post it on YouTube

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I've been mislead by spoilers too many times to think either one of them is going to get shot, although it's the two of them there and what looks like one officer, then a man's voice calling "officer down".

And I don't think Nick's going to crack. Everything (except Grissom) seems to be getting back to normal now.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

No Nick cracking would mean a personal storyline other than Grissom and we can't have that now? Can we?:rolleyes:

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: Yeah, I know. As Stephanie Tanner would say, "How rude!" :lol: And btw, your sig cracks me up. :) Does WP's dog Bruno play Grissom's dog too?

13. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Well, we know it's not Greg who's hurt because he's the one yelling for a paramedic at the end of the promo and he sounds fine. Anxious, but fine.

My money is on it being Riley or some generic uniform. I'm going to go even further out on the speculation limb and say it may even be sorta Nick's fault. He's been so gung-ho lately and someone else getting injured as a result of his loose cannon behavior will be the wake up call he needs for him to realize there's something wrong that he's not acknowledging....like the death of his best friend.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think it is a regular officer that is down and not a CSI. I think the preview they just do it to make you think it is a regular one. And it is Greg's voice who yells that.

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I don't think anybody's going to crack except maybe Grissom (if he hasn't already). For Warrick happened in June, Let it Bleed was Halloween. Thats 4 months. I find it hard to believe they're going to suffer from Warrick's death over 4 months later. I wasn't grieving for my father 4 months later. Grissom's problem is Sara at this point.

As for the promo. From what I saw and heard I think it's Nick who gets shot. We got Riley saying 'Nick, he's got a gun' (or something similar) and Nick walking into the room unprepared for that, then Greg saying 'Officer down. Get the paramedics'. Besides didn't we get a spoiler at some point over the summer saying that Nick was going to get shot? The one who would be at fault would be the uniformed officer who's job it was to clear the crimescene before the CSI's got there.

Susan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.