Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I think the article was great. It just shows you the respect these two have for each other.

I really think some others around here, need to relax. Because if he was saying that about Sara, it would be like OMG, they are so going to do that and it wouldn't be BS.

And yes, we know Sara is coming back! What has that got to do with the article?

For crying out loud, it's an article. Those two have always been close and yes, I know nothing is happening with them two whether on the show or not.

Though he sure does love giving Marg the full mouth smooches, now doesn't he? :thumbsup:

I also, liked that he acknowledge that what was right with his relationship with Catherine, is what was wrong with his relationship with Sara.

In any case, I really think it would be appropriate for Grissom's last scene or the next to last scene to be with Catherine. They both are the leads in this show (well for now anyways), and I can see him giving her a special good-bye, whatever that may be and she watches Griss walking off by himself, to where ever he's heading.

As for Nick finding those hand prints. They'll get something from them, after all this team is the best. I just not sure they'll figure it out, that it was McKeen who shot him, in the first episode.

Ok, lets face it, tptb are messing with us. Is it Oct. 9th yet?

2. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^^ I also think that'd be appropriate. They've been great friends for a long time, and like you said, they're both leads on the show. I think a special goodbye wouldn't be too much to ask, right?

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

TPTB are definitely messing with us. :lol:

As for the tv guide article, it isn't script, but I wouldn't call it BS either. It's not the TV guide people saying this stuff, it's Billy and Marg themselves. Notice that neither Billy nor Marg said that anything was going to happen between their characters, they were only stating what they'd like to see happen or what they think could/should happen. That doesn't mean that what they think is what the writers are going to put in the scripts. It's just the actors' personal opinions... and opinions are just that... opinions. They are neither right nor wrong. :)

It's definitely not too much to ask. I would like Grissom to tell each one of his employees/co-workers goodbye (including SuperDave and Doc Robbins), but say his goodbyes to Cath last.

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Let's face it, it was BS because Billy was talking about what could have been for a C/G relationship instead of praising the beloved GSR and because he has this wonderful, unique friendship and chemistry with Marg instead of Jorja. Oh the double-standard.

As for the new character, I'm pretty sure he's going to join as a CSI-1 and Catherine will be the one in charge unless TPTB have changed their mind after having that press conference to introduce Laurance and the guy he's going to play. You can pm me for complete transcript of the press conference and an audio file if you are interested. I'll be online for a while. :)

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

desertwind, please elaborate how it's all psycho babble? Is it cause Sara wasn't mentioned in their witty banter? Oh the horror.

I honestly believe that Catherine will take over simple because I think the team would respond better to someone they know and like, rather than the new guy they just met.

6. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

I just thought that was Billy being Billy. No big deal. I would like his final scene to be alone. Not that i'm looking foward to it!

P.S.- can everyone calm down a moment. I could tell that deserwind's post was said in jest. She clearly knew it was a joke. I don't understand why people so often jump on each other here? And i'm honestly not talking about anyone in particular but i come here to have fun and reading some attact messages leaves me feeling frustrated.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  7. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I thought the article was cute and the pics were great. One thing I've enjoyed about following CSI is that the actors really do talk one another up and compliment the work of everyone involved, including the writers and the crew.

As for how WP will leave the show ... I'm not the creative type, so I really don't have a vision in mind of what that should look like. I'm just hoping that at the end of epi 10, I'll be sad (which is a given because I'm a Grissom fan), but still smiling. I'm personally in need of a positive ending, given that the last 2 characters have left in ways that made me sad. I watch TV to be entertained, not deeply depressed, so I'm ready for something that makes me feel good, even if I'll miss Grissom after he goes. So there's my shallow little point of view ;)

I think the start of the season will be a good and healthy change for the boards. I lurk on a couple other boards and have been stunned by the strong reaction -
    both negative and positive - to this latest article. I think it's human nature to latch on to the parts of a story that push your buttons (in a good or bad way), and in the absense of anything substantive to talk about, folks are taking stuff more seriously than they might otherwise. It feels like this whole trying-to-read-between-the-lines-predict-what-will-happen thing has been going on for sooooo long (about 5 months now, right?) and I think everyone's just on edge as a result. I believe it will get better soon.

Ali

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

*sighs* I don't even intend to explain. I think most of the regulars in the LV forum (especially those who visit the spoilers thread, the Billy/Grissom threads and the Jorja/Sara threads) probably understand why some people here said what they said, and that's enough to me. I'm not going to drag it on and on and on.

*moves on*

I hope Grissom's last scene will be with either Catherine or Brass. I think being long-time friends and sharing a history with him, they deserve a proper good-bye. Not to mention that Grissom hasn't shared many scenes with Catherine or Brass in the past couple of seasons. I have missed that, and I believe I'm not the only one. :)

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

You're not the only one. I think it would only be right to end with one of them, if not both. It seems right because he has always been friends with Cath and Brass from the begininng. He was more like a "boss" to the others in the earlier seasons IMO.

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

All this talking about Grissom leaving makes me kind of sad.

I wouldn't want a group-goodbye-scene. I'd prefer him leaving a letter to the team and him saying goodbye to Cath and maybe Brass in person. The letter could be read by Nick to the team while we see Grissom leave the building.

11. GregNickRyanFan

I was thinking he should say goodbye to all his employees first (CSIs & labrats), then to Doc Robbins, then Brass and lastly Catherine. I could see Greg doing that one armed "guy hug" thing with Grissom where he shakes his hand first and then pulls him into a hug. :lol:

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I really don't think they're going to make a big deal out of it. As with his relationship with Sara, his hearing loss, and his brief absence last season, he's going to go quietly and privately. To do so otherwise wouldn't be Grissom.

Although, seems TPTB prefer theatrics to character consistency lately, so who knows?

13. GregNickRyanFan

Well, I could see that being his intention to leave quietly, but the gang finds out about it ahead of time and decides to throw him a going away party. Then it wouldn't be out of character, cause he wouldn't be involved in having the party, it would be a surprise to him. :lol: I can really see Cath arranging a party for him.

14. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Does anyone know how many episodes have actually been filmed at this point?

15. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but I"m going to guess somewhere between 3 and 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.