Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I saw that too. And, as stated before and shown in one of the videos, Nick finds prints when he rolls the passenger window up on Warrick's car. Whether they are usable, who knows?

In the Parade magazine last weekend, someone wrote in and asked about WP leaving, and in the answer about Fishburn coming in they said he was going to take Grissom's place in charge of the lab.

So which spoilers are right? He's the leader or he's a CSI Level 1 and Catherine is supervisor? If he's really a Level 1 then why would such an acclaimed actor take a "non-starring" role?

My thought is that with this strange gene he has and all, he may just be joining to fill out the rest of the season after WP leaves and then he will go out with a bang. This gives them the opportunity to write another big storyline where they can feel free to turn one of the CSIs into a killer or just plain kill them, and also gives them time to figure out what they really want to do as far as replacing WP for next season.

2. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

IMHO it will be a nice touch if Grissom finds the flaw in McKeen's story by using his sense of hearing, given the background of his hearing problems in earlier seasons.

Do you think TPTB included this on purpose as the main clue that sets him off? Or am I just inferring things due to acute coursework-induced brain poisoning?

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

ITA seahawk. It would require some of the, how do I say, not so dedicated fans ;) to remember the issue he had with his hearing. It will be a good because than TPTB will show that they acutally have a coninuity bone in their body.

But I kind of want someone else to discover Warrick's killer. Or at least I hope it is a team effort of some sorts.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

That does not make sense that LF's character takes over. I think that Catherine and Nick have earned the positions of Lead(Catherine) and Second in Command(Nick).

I think if they give LF's character such huge amount of screentime at the expense of the others (particularly Nick and Greg who have been there since day one), then they are going to tick off a lot of fans of those characters.

And if they don't give Catherine the chance to be in charge-that will tick off a lot of her fans.

So why spend so much time developing this character of LF's and not bother with the originals. It really, really makes no sense at all.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They haven't even given his character a name yet, have they? That to me says that he's not gonna be a permanent character. They thought of the name for Lauren Lee Smith's character before she was even cast. Though they did change the first name for whatever reason.

And I still want to know if the rumored character of Stan (SJ) O'Reilly is still gonna be on as a new CSI (the guy from Xfiles). We've been getting conflicting spoilers for a while now. I think Parade went on the old spoilers (maybe they haven't heard the new ones that Cath is gonna be supervisor). But, in the tv guide article (next weeks issue), Billy pretty much says Cath is gonna get promoted to supervisor. Not in so many words, but if you read between the lines. He said "may" cause he didn't want to spoil anyone, so he was being vague. :lol:

On the new promo for "For Warrick" that showed during last week's repeat of "For Gedda", where there was the voice over of Warrick talking about how Grissom set him straight so many times or something... did Warrick say if he could have chosen his own father, he'd choose Grissom? Would that even work? Warrick was like 40 or 41. Grissom is only in his 50s. I wouldn't think Grissom would be old enough to be Warrick's father unless only barely. :lol:

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Entertainment weekly, TVGuide and Carol and Narin themselves have all said Catherine and Nick will lead the team. I wouldn't worry about it, LF is replacing WP, it does not mean that The Professor will lead the team. How can he if he's only a Level 1 CSI?
    IMO Parade magazine has printed outdated information, or they are assuming that since LF is replacing WP that he will also be the leader. They got it wrong.

I think the Stan character has been written out. They decided not to replace Warrick but Grissom and Sara instead. 5 CSI's are enough IMO.

7. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Wikipedia (which I know is not a perfect source) lists Warrick's b-day in 70, Grissom's in '56, so there would be 14 years difference.

Ali

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks. :) I had it all printed out from years ago, but had trouble locating the sheet of paper it was printed on. :lol: I found it today though.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think Warrick meant the 'father' remark as a metaphor, not an actual real birth father, just something he never had growing up:( a father figure of sorts. Also he was his mentor, friend and boss~

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I do have to admit that, while I'm obviously sad about Grissom leaving, I'm glad that Catherine takes over as supervisor. We need a female lead for once in CSI. While Catherine wouldn't be my first choice out of all three "second-in-commands" (Stella's my first, by the way), it's about time that we have some new blood in a leader position.

11. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Don't know if this was posted yet but, William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger are on the cover of October 6th Tv Guide, here are some of WP quotes:

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

That is what i like to call the 'F*** off foreigner' message :lol:

Excited for LF :thumbsup: Although i will just think of the Matrix and his cool shades. Grissom is kind of useless now anyways, so i don't care that he is leaving...plus we FINALLY get rid of GSR, hurray!

13. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

The part about Catherine really interested me. Hmm. I seriously doubt it'd ever happen though. :lol:

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This TV Guide mag. was all hype and psycho babble & for FUN, as you all must all know, to get the viewers caught up in the intrigue of the new S/9 premiere, they professionals and do what sells magazines and gets the fans to watch the show, Billy & Marg are the stars of CSI, and the average Joe or Jane coming though a checkstand will buy this, but be surprised that this isn't what's happening on the new episode. They're friends with the whole cast, as is well known so this mag. shows them NOW, and they are friends for sure, but.... don't forget Sara is returning, his finacee [per video] and they're shown hugging and in bed, this is *spoiler* info pertaining to this ep. on CSI, to comfort Grissom and the team, all of them!, and they will most likely leave together as well, but possibly return when an ep. dictates it. WP is still the executive producer and still will have his hand in the whole process. There's also hints of his returning when William Freidkin comes on board to direct one ep. so everthing has a reason and therefore I don't put much stock into this article it's all in jest and ~LOL~ basically BS by reading it today when I came. I"m still curious as to the up-coming episodes when they all go on the hunt for Warrick's killer:(

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Is it psycho babble because Marg and Billy talked about their characters sleeping together? Would it be psycho babble if Billy talked about Sara and Grissom running off into the sunset?

They hypothesized about their characters consummating a long friendship. What's wrong with that?

Not that I personally care about which character sleeps with who as long as there' s equal screen time and personal character development.

It was wonderful though to hear Billy talk about Grissom with anyone other than Sara though and how much he loves the cast.

And like Marg, I'm just as nervous about what will happen after Billy leaves, but it's nice to know Billy has completely walked away from the show and who knows he might return for the final season-I can't see him not doing so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.