Season 9 Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by vegaslights, Oct 4, 2010.

1. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I wounder how csi miami ratings is going to be on sunday night because on abc is showing the 2010 American music awards come on at 8-11...but i still hope csi miami gets high ratings

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Fast Nationals:

3. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Source:CBS: A decade of November Sweeps

This is very positive! Just wanted to share.

Also want to add, if you scroll down, you'll see where CSI: Miami is #25 top show, beating both H50 and CSI: NY. Being in the top 25 is pretty big, I would think. :)

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Happy Birthday brought 10.71 million viewers and a 2.5 in the 18/49 rating.

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

All three CSI's were in the top 25 last year. Quite an impressive feat.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Down from last week.

7. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Significantly down, and the lowest demo of the season. Now it is in line with last year's cancelled shows in this timeslot.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    That doesn't sound good at all.

9. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

:confused::confused: I just hope they move it to some other timeline cause sunday night's is not a good night for any tv show when football is on:(

10. Blinded By Smoke

Well, hopefully when football ends, it'll pick up. I don't know... but there are games on other channels to compete with even after the CBS ones end (I'm sure you guys know this). That could play into it.

And I realize it doesn't help us much, but a few other shows are hit all time lows last night too.

TVbythenumbers has it listed with a 2.7, but that was w/ Undercover Boss. So I'm guessing that was the overrun.....

Let's just hope they move it. :(

(Also, another source has it listed for a 2.7. Surely it wouldn't have adjusted down to a 2.2 from 2.7?! Who knows.)

Source: http://www.hitfix.com/articles/tv-ratings-tight-eagles-cowboys-game-dominates-sunday-for-nbc

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  11. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:scream: :scream: It's one thing to compete with other high-rated shows on a level playing field; e.g., against DWTS or football on Mondays. It's significantly more challenging trying to compete with no assurance of when (or if) you get in the game. Even many diehard fans grow impatient with the delays and cancellations.

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Exactly! I had gotten up at 5:30 am on Sunday morning (granddaughter was up a little early). I tried desperately to stay up and watch the entire show but there was no way - even pushed back only 30 minutes.

I still haven't gotten a chance to sit down and watch what I missed. Setting up my DVR is a shot in the dark because I have no idea when CSI Miami will actually air.

They're making it hard for the committed fans. No wonder the casual fans are throwing up their hands and saying forget it! :scream:

13. Blinded By Smoke

Think it matters to CBS that The Good Wife is now averaging about 2.0 an episode on probably their strongest night(Tuesdays)... following their two biggest shows?

Miami is pulling 2.3 on a tough night. Wonder how Miami would do on a different night (besides Mondays) through the week?

Then again, part of me wonders if the 10PM slot is just dying... The other two CSI's have 9PM slots. Hopefully, with this moving The Mentalist around, it shows they are indeed trying to help Miami (In my opinion, anyway). I think it would even do better on Sundays if they did move it to 9.

Hmm. Maybe I think to much? LOL. Nah.

14. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Don't get me wrong, I still love my CSI's, but The Good Wife is the best show on TV right now with an Emmy, a Golden Globe, and consistent critical acclaim. CSI: Miami is at the end of its shelf life, and it has become the butt of many jokes in critical circles. The Good Wife also increases its demo average almost a full point in the DVR + 7 ratings, it appeals to the "upper income" demos, and along with How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory, it's the only CBS show that is consitently on the iTunes download charts.

Strict procedurals like the CSI's are CBS' past, whereas shows with more character development and serial storylines like The Good Wife and Blue Bloods are CBS' future.

15. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I think csi miami is still doing good to me the viewers are not the same when it was on mondays but when cold case was on sundays they had like 6. Some thing millions viewers as of csi miami who gets like 9 are 10 million viewers a night on sunday so I think cbs should be happy how ever i still wish they move it to a differnt timeline like 9.....