Season 9 Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by vegaslights, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I think that the numbers will face a big drop in the finals due to the NFL overun,so CSI:Miami will be adjusted down.

CSI:Miami was adjusted down in the finals.Sudden Death brought 9.48 million viewers and a 2.7 in the 18/49 rating.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Those final ratings are actually better than I expected. It still beat it's normal competitor, Brothers and Sisters. I don't think CBS will hold that against them in reviewing their seasonal performance. Apparently what they find important is that it is a huge improvement over Cold Case; CSIM is up over 50% in all categories from the same time last year.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  3. Grissom rules

Last night's episode was up a bit compared to last week especially in overall viewers.
    See No Evil brought 11.15 million viewers and 2.8 in the 18/49 rating.The demo is quite low though.

4. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

This is a killer timeslot and CBS knows it and will give it slack. They were facing stiff opposition last night with football and world series playoffs.

5. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

CBS press release:

Compared to last week, CSI: MIAMI was up +13% in both households (from 6.1/13) and adults 25-54 (from 3.2/10), even in adults 18-49 and added +1.41m viewers (from 9.48m, +15%).

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

That's good. Reading about possible threat that CSINY might be cancelled I was worried that it can happen to CSIM too. Ratings are about 10mln too, with Sudden Death below that due to football.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Ratings were down on Sunday.

Source: HitFix.

8. Grissom rules

Here are the final numbers of CSI:Miami......10.004 million viewers and a 2.5 in the 18/49 rating.That is definitely a series low in the demo..:(

9. yen35

yen35 Witness

I guess the network doesn't expect amazing ratings with the move. Maybe they will just compare it to whatever ratings the show that was previously in this time slot had. What is the typical rating before a show is canceled?

10. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I know that Heroes was cancelled when it hit around 6 mil. viewers, and Flashforward had around 5 mil. and they both had pretty decent timeslots.

I think Miami is doing pretty well between its killer timeslot and old age. So far there's only been rumours that NY might be faced with cancellation; one can only hope that Miami doesn't come under the same scrutiny. :thumbsup:

11. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

No. Maybe it has got its "killer slot" just because they knew it would attract some viewers anyway instead of risking a new show or kill off a show that's already struggling?

12. Grissom rules

Sleepless In Miami brought 9.86 million viewers and a 2.6 in the 18/49 rating.

13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

That's season's low, I think :(
    Even CSINY had better ratings for the last episode and it usually, if not always, has worse. What a killer timeslot!

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think "Sudden Death" was a little lower.I do know that the episode started a little late again in some time zones(not all) and it will unfortunately have an affect on the ratings.It's too bad,the team dynamics are better than ever this season,I wish more fans or former fans could witness that.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Keep in mind that it was Halloween last night. Ratings were lower for shows across the board, I think.